Minneapolis Star Tribune endorses Ilham Omar's challanger

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I took on face value that they will not be endorsing Ilham Omar because they think she is not supporting their district. Why do I believe that? Because that is what they said.

Where was all this "they think" before? Oh well, at least now you're treating the opinions of the media as opinions; any improvement is an improvement

Seems they are just not as enamored with her as you are.

Who said I was enamored with her? Oh, right... just you. A Minneapolis newspaper endorses one progressive over another; this merits a thread because... reasons.

I do wish you'd stop spreading misinformation about me, but I suppose on one level, I'm resigned to it.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟688,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Where was all this "they think" before? Oh well, at least now you're treating the opinions of the media as opinions; any improvement is an improvement

Before what? The 2020 election cycle?

Why is it worth a thread?

Let me check, yup this is the politics forum, it’s for discussing politics, so that is why it is worthy of a thread. Would you prefer not speaking about your candidate?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Would you prefer not speaking about your candidate?

Still with the misinformation; neither of them are "my" candidate -- how long have you mistakenly believed that I live in Minneapolis?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟688,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Still with the misinformation; neither of them are "my" candidate -- how long have you mistakenly believed that I live in Minneapolis?

oh, from your vociferous defense of the candidate, it is an honest conclusion. I’ve never met someone to ran to such defense of a candidate without being a supporter. Interesting.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
You might as well give up. You're never going to figure out what Hislegacy is talking about because Ilhan Omar is just not as important to you as she is to him.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
oh, from your vociferous defense of the candidate, it is an honest conclusion. I’ve never met someone to ran to such defense of a candidate without being a supporter. Interesting.

An "honest conclusion" would require an honest reading of the thread...

Interesting indeed... now, since I don't live in her district (and I'll bet my blessings you don't, either), I don't care about Omar one way or the other, except insofar as her very existence seems to troll the right. One can only hope that should she lose, her replacement will prove equally entertaining.

The man (He has a name, btw: Antone Melton-Meaux) seems a pretty strong progressive himself, and I say may the better candidate win.

Well, both candidates are strongly progressive, and Minneapolis is so deeply blue that the Den primary is the real election... So this isn't going to change the political map one bit.

Remind me again why this is newsworthy?

Perhaps you only imagined the "vociferous defense" you claimed to have seen?

• Useful
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You might as well give up. You're never going to figure out what Hislegacy is talking about because Ilhan Omar is just not as important to you as she is to him.

It is amusing to see her living rent-free in his noggin... as well as the rest of her haters'.

Should he win, one can only hope that Melton-Meaux has a similar effect, although, being a male, that seems doubtful.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟688,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is amusing to see her living rent-free in his noggin... as well as the rest of her haters'.

Should he win, one can only hope that Melton-Meaux has a similar effect, although, being a male, that seems doubtful.

Gotta Admit, that made me chuckle.

Evidently just mentioning a member of the protected class in an article that is less than complimentary makes you automatically obsessed, a sexist, racist, or any other tag people want to place on you.

It's interesting articles regardless, they give the impression that a number of people in the good congresswoman's district are less than impressed with her far left activity. They evidently will support a progressive, but not her.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Gotta Admit, that made me chuckle.

Evidently just mentioning a member of the protected class in an article that is less than complimentary makes you automatically obsessed, a sexist, racist, or any other tag people want to place on you.

oh, from your vociferous offense against the candidate, it is an honest conclusion. I’ve never met someone commit to such an offense against a candidate without being a hater. Interesting.

• Haha
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟688,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
oh, from your vociferous offense against the candidate, it is an honest conclusion. I’ve never met someone commit to such an offense against a candidate without being a hater. Interesting.

please quote my words, not the publications, that shows I took offense against Ilham Ohmar?

In fact show me where I personally commented on her at all.

Quoting a newspaper is not taking offense, it is engaging in a political discussion. I realize she is part of the protected class, but it is still a valid discussion.

Pointing out her home town newspaper is refusing to endorse her is not an attack, it’s the beginning of a dialog. Unless she is being protected by people who yell racist, sexist, etc etc to make the conversation not about the issue, but about the ones speaking of the issue.

If that is her sole defense, it speaks for itself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
please quote my words, not the publications, that shows I took offense against Ilham Ohmar?

In fact show me where I personally commented on her at all.

Quoting a newspaper is not taking offense, it is engaging in a political discussion. I realize she is part of the protected class, but it is still a valid discussion.

Pointing out her home town newspaper is refusing to endorse her is not an attack, it’s the beginning of a dialog. Unless she is being protected by people who yell racist, sexist, etc etc to make the conversation not about the issue, but about the ones speaking of the issue.

If that is her sole defense, it speaks for itself.
You're being much too literal--TLK is spoofing you; spoofing your silly notion of how much he cares about Omar.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You're being much too literal--TLK is spoofing you; spoofing your silly notion of how much he cares about Omar.

For the most part -- but I also have no doubt that he is, in fact, passionately anti-Omar. Given his political ideology, what choice does he have?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
For the most part -- but I also have no doubt that he is, in fact, passionately anti-Omar. Given his political ideology, what choice does he have?
But you must love her, because she conforms so much to his stereotype of "The Left.";)

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
But you must love her, because she conforms so much to his stereotype of "The Left.";)

But of course -- better still, she's the radical left, which makes the broad brush easy to handle.

To be sure, Melton-Meaux is every bit as radical, but he has yet to draw the bosses' ire (and possibly never will if we have a fair and free election), so he's safe for now.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟688,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Common tactic. Address and personally go after the poster to deflect attention from the topic of the thread.

I accept you admitting defeat, obviously you have nothing to add to the thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Common tactic. Address and personally go after the poster to deflect attention from the topic of the thread.

We don't know what the topic of the thread is supposed to be because you never really answered TLK's question:

Well, both candidates are strongly progressive, and Minneapolis is so deeply blue that the Den primary is the real election... So this isn't going to change the political map one bit.

Remind me again why this is newsworthy?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟688,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We don't know what the topic of the thread is supposed to be because you never really answered TLK's question:

The topic of the thread is found in the OP and the links provided.

None of which have to do with me.

why is it newsworthy? A freshman congresswoman, who in her first term has raised controversy in both parties, is being challenged and a newspaper in her district has endorsed her opponent. In addition he has out raised her financially by 9 fold.

That is why it is news worthy. I would have through that self evident.

perhaps that is why 45 of 77 posts are off topic. And close to 20 of them are calling me out personally instead of speaking of the topic of the thread. Found in the OP with links.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Our nation would be better without her in Congress
What the nation needs is another wealthy, white, elderly male in Congress willing to keep his mouth shut and look the other way - the President always needs another golfing partner over the weekend!

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Seems they are just not as enamored with her as you are.

Would you prefer not speaking about your candidate?

I gotta admit, it's not often I see someone tap out after wrestling themselves to the mat.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
why is it newsworthy? A freshman congresswoman, who in her first term has raised controversy in both parties, is being challenged and a newspaper in her district has endorsed her opponent. In addition he has out raised her financially by 9 fold.

That is why it is news worthy. I would have through that self evident.

Only if one lives in Minneapolis and/or has a personal stake in one of the candidates.

None of us here are either. So why should we care?

Upvote 0