• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Minneapolis Star Tribune endorses Ilham Omar's challanger

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by hislegacy, Aug 6, 2020.

1. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+8,733
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Gregorikos

Gregorikos Mystic

+317
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Hallelujah.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+21,686
    Agnostic
    Single
    And just like that, boys and girls, not only does the mainstream media become your trusted friend, but money becomes the measure of trustworthiness.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. disciple Clint

disciple Clint Well-Known Member

+1,749
    United States
    Christian
    Private
  5. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter

+10,697
    United States
    Married
    This would have almost been surprising if they had endorsed her in 2018, but they didn’t.

This is almost as good as “State Republican Party fails to support nominating Democrat for Governor”

6. TLK Valentine

+21,686
    Agnostic
    Single
    ...because...?

• List
  7. Gregorikos

Gregorikos Mystic

+317
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Because it's better for the country when members of Congress are loyal to the US and not to Al Quaida.

8. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+4,065
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    And what evidence do you have that a US Congressperson is a terrorist?

• List
  9. Gregorikos

Gregorikos Mystic

+317
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I never said she was a terrorist. I said she was loyal to Al Quaeda. "Loyal" may be an overstatement. "Sympathetic" is certainly accurate.

10. TLK Valentine

+21,686
    Agnostic
    Single
    Perhaps then you'd care to correct the inaccuracies in your previous post?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  11. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+8,733
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others

A major Newspaper in their district endorseS her DEMOCRATIC opponent, Because she doesn’t care about her district so it must be main stream media huh?

The DEMOCRATIC candidate, not a politician, raises almost nine times the funds she did and its trust in money?

interesting.

12. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+18,906
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Yeah, or anyone like her, right?

13. GoldenBoy89

+18,906
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    So much for the “Democrats are radicals” narrative the president keeps trying to push.

14. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+8,733
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Anyone regardless of sex, age, race, creed, religious affiliations, color of eyes, length of ear lobes, number of teeth. Et all, who has sympathies towards a group that is directly responsible for the deaths of thousands of civilians and servicemen is better for us as a nation not in elected leadership.

Has ZERO to do with race, sex, gender, religion.

15. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+8,733
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    not all of them are. He never said all of them, just like he didn’t say all Mexicans were rapist when he addressing MS13.

16. TLK Valentine

+21,686
    Agnostic
    Single
    Pretty much every major (and most minor) newspaper out there publicly endorses people in an election year... this one matters because...?

Well, the media said so, so it must be true... good for you; you believe what you're told.

How exactly does someone running for political office not become a politician? :scratch:

Well, what else is it? Money's your obsession here, not mine...

Interesting indeed... now, since I don't live in her district (and I'll bet my blessings you don't, either), I don't care about Omar one way or the other, except insofar as her very existence seems to troll the right. One can only hope that should she lose, her replacement will prove equally entertaining.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  17. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+8,733
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    “Become a politician” key phrase.

You become a politician by winning an office.
    The man is not a politician as of yet.

18. TLK Valentine

+21,686
    Agnostic
    Single
    So what? Omar wasn't a politician either until November of 2016... And while she'll obviously never be president, she's done well for herself and her constituency since then.

The man (He has a name, btw: Antone Melton-Meaux) seems a pretty strong progressive himself, and I say may the better candidate win.

19. GoldenBoy89

+18,906
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    First off, MS-13 is a Salvadoran prison gang. They aren’t Mexicans at all. I know it’s hard for some to think of Hispanics as being anything other than Mexicans but there’s an entire continent of Latin American countries out there, all of them quite different from each other.

2. He was talking about the people “Mexico is sending us.”

3. Trump hasn’t exactly been nuanced in any of his rhetoric so why would anyone believe there’s all this extra context he never even mentions?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. GoldenBoy89

+18,906
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    How about politicians directly responsible for the needless and preventable deaths of 160,000 Americans? Does that disqualify someone from holding public office?

• List