California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
And that if one voice (from the officers) would of spoke up it would be what was supposed to happen. (paraphrase)

He said this directly to The Floyd family.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So when are the charges against the other two cops going to be filed? Losing their jobs is not enough!

And by the way, where were the bystanders at that just stood by to watch this man get murdered?! Wasn't there anyone tough enough to break thru the line and shove that brute of a cop off the guy? Man, I pray to God I will have enough courage to do that if needed one day.

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

agapelove

May 1, 2020
San Diego
✟50,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
So when are the charges against the other two cops going to be filed? Losing their jobs is not enough!

And by the way, where were the bystanders at that just stood by to watch this man get murdered?! Wasn't there anyone tough enough to break thru the line and shove that brute of a cop off the guy? Man, I pray to God I will have enough courage to do that if needed one day.

I do not blame the bystanders at all. The police use their guns like toys in America.

Instead, THIS is what should have happened.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I was watching a video on Youtube when it was just becoming known what happened to George Floyd. I seem to recall hearing in one of these videos, or maybe the comment section below the video, don't recall which atm, that George Floyd was complaining that he was claustrophobic as they were trying to initially sit him inside the squad car that he died on the side of on the ground.

Assuming that might be the case, that could be why the officers said he was resisting arrest, and then you see the 8 or 9 minute video where 3 of them have him detained on the ground, with one pressing his knee into his neck nonstop for 8 or 9 minutes.

But even if he was resisting arrest by refusing to get into the back of the squad car
because he was complaining he was claustrophobic, that still doesn't justify what they did to him for 8 or 9 minutes straight, especially when he was already complaining he couldn't breathe. And what makes matters more bizarre, they were telling him to stand up, and that he said that he would, except it turns out he can't. After all, he's got two of them holding 2/3 of his body down, and another one with his knee pressed against his neck, and that he is handcuffed on top of that.

What else I find really sad about this, is something you already brought up,there were onlookers at the time, and that they knew this was going to kill him if they didn't stop, and that these bystanders were George Floyd's only hope of surviving this, and they let him down because not a single bystander came to his rescue. They did a lot a complaining though, at the time. But how was that actually helping George Floyd? What I have to wonder, had it been one of the bystander's family members being held down like this, would they have reacted differently before it was too late, thus attempted a rescue?

One of the bystanders that witnessed the ordeal, the one that was calling the cops bro, well they interviewed him on CNN the other day, and that he indicated he had a wife and kids to think about, thus, that he felt helpless to try and do anything to help George before it was too late. But what if that person being held down like that wasn't George Floyd, but was one of his family members instead? Would he have reacted the same?

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
They did a lot a complaining though, at the time. But how was that actually helping George Floyd? What I have to wonder, had it been one of the bystander's family members being held down like this, would they have reacted differently before it was too late, thus attempted a rescue?

From what I saw is that they were pretty much kids. I thought that they actually did a good job of trying, considering that they know that the cops are armed, and with all the other recent killings in the news.

One thing is for sure; after all this, it will never be the same again and I believe that law enforcement will know that people will not be so passive anymore.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The police force needs to be trained to speak up without fear of retribution.

The police force needs the help of the rest of the justice system.

Cop: "I know this guy. He should go away for a long time.
Judge: "Thirty days in the county jail."

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The police force needs the help of the rest of the justice system.

Cop: "I know this guy. He should go away for a long time.
Judge: "Thirty days in the county jail."

The "Justice" system needs to undergo reformation and the Prison Industrial Complex (aka modern day slavery) needs to be abolished.

*Prison–industrial complex - Wikipedia

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From what I saw is that they were pretty much kids. I thought that they actually did a good job of trying, considering that they know that the cops are armed, and with all the other recent killings in the news.

One thing is for sure; after all this, it will never be the same again and I believe that law enforcement will know that people will not be so passive anymore.

Maybe you're right. In that case maybe I shouldn't be so hard on the bystanders. I just feel sad that George Floyd was in a helpless position and that there was no one present to help him overcome his helpless position.

On a different note, do they also have black officers on this same police force? If yes, I wonder if the outcome would have been the same if one of the other 3 officers making the arrest was black? Surely he or she wouldn't have allowed it to go this far. Maybe the solution is, if a situation involves someone black, don't dispatch just all white cops. I'm not implying all white cops would do what these 4 white cops did, but if some of the cops that are dispatched are black, you would think something like this is less likely to happen, or maybe not even happen at all.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Maybe you're right. In that case maybe I shouldn't be so hard on the bystanders. I just feel sad that George Floyd was in a helpless position and that there was no one present to help him overcome his helpless position.

On a different note, do they also have black officers on this same police force? If yes, I wonder if the outcome would have been the same if one of the other 3 officers making the arrest was black? Surely he or she wouldn't have allowed it to go this far. Maybe the solution is, if a situation involves someone black, don't dispatch just all white cops. I'm not implying all white cops would do what these 4 white cops did, but if some of the cops that are dispatched are black, you would think something like this is less likely to happen, or maybe not even happen at all.

There needs to be (and already is) another police force established that takes these things into consideration and handles things at different levels. A response to an alleged counterfeit transaction should be way toned down.

"The proposed hybrid-policing model would feature district coordinating peace officers, also known as DCPOs, assigned to specific city districts, where they engage and build trust with community members.

“This is not a traditional police department,” Boehmer said. “This is a different entity; it’s a different look. In a way it’s really about solving people’s problems.”

The district coordinating peace officer will be a certified peace officer trained with a special set of skills in terms of connecting people with social services.

“It’s called problem solving,” consultant Robert Haas said. “It’s looking at a situation and figuring out why is a problem occurring over and over and over again.”

The community peace officer will devote time and energy to identify problems, work with the community and find creative ways to break the cycle of problems"
City’s hybrid policing model is closer to reality

• Informative
Reactions: DavidPT
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But even if he was resisting arrest by refusing to get into the back of the squad car
because he was complaining he was claustrophobic, that still doesn't justify what they did to him for 8 or 9 minutes straight, especially when he was already complaining he couldn't breathe

According to the charges against Chauvin, George Floyd started repeating that he could not breathe before policeman tried to put him in the back of the police car, and long before he wound up on the ground.

One possible explanation is that George Floyd (who had done several jail terms for serious crimes in the past) had some kind of panic attack at the thought of being in police custody again.

That would explain his actions and words, and it also would help explain why he died, in spite of (according to the preliminary autopsy) "no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation."

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe the solution is, if a situation involves someone black, don't dispatch just all white cops.

Actually, the data suggests that black cops are tougher than white cops, when a black man is being arrested.

• Informative
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And that if one voice (from the officers) would of spoke up it would be what was supposed to happen. (paraphrase)

He said this directly to The Floyd family.
Officers are trained to intercede when another officer becomes emotionally involved in any event. Cops have emotions just like everyone else, sometimes it becomes necessary to calm another officer down and remove him or her from direct contact. That should have happened. That then causes the question of what the culture of that department might be.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That then causes the question of what the culture of that department might be.

If the culture of the department is the issue, people should be asking the chief of police some hard questions. He got the job in the wake of the Justine Damond shooting. His job was to fix the problem. He doesn't seem to have fixed it.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The "Justice" system needs to undergo reformation and the Prison Industrial Complex (aka modern day slavery) needs to be abolished.

*Prison–industrial complex - Wikipedia

Such prison labor should continue, even be expanded, but the profits should go the victims of crime and to pay the costs of incarceration.

• Agree
Reactions: Salvadore
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Officers are trained to intercede when another officer becomes emotionally involved in any event. Cops have emotions just like everyone else, sometimes it becomes necessary to calm another officer down and remove him or her from direct contact. That should have happened. That then causes the question of what the culture of that department might be.

Chauvin was a cool as a cucumber during the whole event.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Such prison labor should continue, even be expanded, but the profits should go the victims of crime and to pay the costs of incarceration.

Maybe good for lifers, but once restitution is paid, the vast majority of the convicted should be released. Instead we have laws and policies that lock people away for an inordinate amount of years and then you have parole that helps perpetuate the cycle.

In Finland's 'open prisons,' inmates have the keys

Why Scandinavian Prisons Are Superior

https://theculturetrip.com/europe/f...nd-become-the-prison-break-capital-of-europe/

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Maybe good for lifers, but once restitution is paid, the vast majority of the convicted should be released. Instead we have laws and policies that lock people away for an inordinate amount of years and then you have parole that helps perpetuate the cycle.

In Finland's 'open prisons,' inmates have the keys

Why Scandinavian Prisons Are Superior

https://theculturetrip.com/europe/f...nd-become-the-prison-break-capital-of-europe/

Of course. When they've served their time they should be freed and rights restored to them.

Upvote 0