Minneapolis: Defund the police/Where are the police?

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is just way too ironic not to share!

The Minneapolis city council (populated entirely by democrats) was all too eager back in late June to get rid of their police department: Minneapolis City Council advances plan to dismantle police department - CNN

However, even after so many people warned about how criminals would be more emboldened to commit crimes and people would be less safe without the police, the inevitable happened and now it's only taken less than 3 months for them to see the results: Mpls. City Council asks: Where are the police?

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Oh are officers throwing a tantrum again and refusing to do their jobs?

No. They just don't want to get fired for being videoed arresting a black criminal. That's a crime, ya know.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Ana the Ist
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No. They just don't want to get fired for being videoed arresting a black criminal. That's a crime, ya know.

Maybe somebody should teach them how to arrest a person without sitting on his neck for 9 minutes.

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Maybe somebody should teach them how to arrest a person without sitting on his neck for 9 minutes.

It beats getting shot just for doing their job.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,192.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

The Minneapolis city council (populated entirely by democrats) was all too eager back in late June to get rid of their police department: Minneapolis City Council advances plan to dismantle police department - CNN

However, even after so many people warned about how criminals would be more emboldened to commit crimes and people would be less safe without the police, the inevitable happened and now it's only taken less than 3 months for them to see the results: Mpls. City Council asks: Where are the police?
I'm glad I no longer live near there. If I still did I would simply not enter the city for any reason but detour way around it. I have lived and worked there in the past but left after I was mugged years ago. So I've long been uneasy about being in Minneapolis, but there is no way I would drive through now.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm glad I no longer live near there. If I still did I would simply not enter the city for any reason but detour way around it. I have lived and worked there in the past but left after I was mugged years ago. So I've long been uneasy about being in Minneapolis, but there is no way I would drive through now.

I'm less than 100 miles from there and some of their criminals pass through my area with their drugs and get caught.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It beats getting shot just for doing their job.

Your authoritarianism and your low standards are disgusting. I hope you don't ever cry about the constitution or your "rights" in any other context.

Police aren't there to serve themselves. They're there to serve the community. We come first; not them.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Your authoritarianism is disgusting. I hope you don't ever cry about the constitution or your "rights" in any other context.

It takes quite an "authoritarian" for a cop to not want to be shot while sitting in a patrol car, doesn't it?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It takes quite an "authoritarian" for a cop to not want to be shot while sitting in a patrol car, doesn't it?

It takes quite an authoritarian to say that it's preferable to sit on a guy's neck for 9 minutes and kill him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Funny, that's not what the medical examiner is quoted as saying in the article.

Like I said, your authoritarianism is disgusting.

Note that while it's possible to die from that concentration, it's not guaranteed. It's well on the lower end of the fatal range and within the range of therapeutic concentrations.

Fentanyl drug profile | www.emcdda.europa.eu

Postmortem Toxicology Findings of Acetyl Fentanyl, Fentanyl, and Morphine in Heroin Fatalities in Tampa, Florida
http://uthscsa.edu/artt/AddictionJC/2020-02-11-Sutter.pdf
https://watermark.silverchair.com/b...gGZc_BwA6GnP1K243rBT6IASTK_rRXtyqIYqAqde-EhZg

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Maybe, if criminal murderous cops stop getting caught murdering black people. These cops wouldn't fear being caught arresting people.

• Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe, if criminal murderous cops stop getting caught murdering black people. These cops wouldn't fear being caught arresting people.
Well if those terrible horrible cops don't arrest any black folks, problem solved!
They need to make up their minds whether they want law and order or not.
Would you want to work for some one who wants your job abolished?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

And maybe, just maybe if the black people that get killed stop resisting arrest and putting up a fight that often ends up in them reaching for an officer's weapon, they wouldn't get killed. But they just don't seem to be learning that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I'm from Detroit and I can't say enough good things about our Police Chief and Mayor. They stood up to the violet radicals and they left--not hanging around to rape and murder like in Seattle's "Summer of Love" zone.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

I've never understood the absurdity of "defund the police". It sounds like a bunch of petulant children making demands without thinking about consequences yet being catered to by politicians when they should be dismissed and ignored. IMO any politician who gives such ideas a voice should be voted out of office

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Agree that was awful. You punish those cops not all cops. Punishing all cops, is going to create more lawlessness and crime for all. Be careful what you wish for. Being a cop under normal circumstances is not easy. Risking your life daily for criminals. Now, no one in their right mind wants to be a cop because the media is on the side of the criminals. We can not have a society without law and order. You can not have it both ways- spit on cops faces but expect them to be there only when you need them.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
And maybe, just maybe if the black people that get killed stop resisting arrest and putting up a fight that often ends up in them reaching for an officer's weapon, they wouldn't get killed. But they just don't seem to be learning that.
That's where the money on education should be spent. Stop resisting arrest. No matter what color.

The tapes we see are mainly edited and very one-sided. I know a lot of cops who are so messed up from all the stuff they have to deal with. Now is not a good time to be a cop, despite needing them more now than ever.

Upvote 0