United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
th

Greetings, all! I wanted to share a few opportunities for service work that give you a community to live with, a little bit of pay, and surely some very good experience in a lot of ways. Being from a very rural area, I'm very familiar with the lack of opportunities available near a lot of people. That's why opportunities that come with housing are so important, because having a place to live can make all the difference for whether volunteer work is feasible or not.

Most of the programs that I found start in the summer, especially August. Here's a variety of programs that start at any time:

Mountain Companion Ministry - Mt. Irenaeus - Program Search Results | Catholic Volunteer Network

Sisters of Charity in Cincinnati
- Program Search Results | Catholic Volunteer Network

Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ

Nazareth Farm - Program Search Results | Catholic Volunteer Network

L'Arche - Program Search Results | Catholic Volunteer Network

If you would like to search through a variety of programs, part of why I appreciate Catholic Volunteer Network (CVN) is the very helpful search function to narrow down what you're looking for. Since I know there's a lot of non-Catholics here, I'd like to point out that many programs don't require you to be Catholic, some don't even require a faith background, and you can narrow down results by faith background, among other things:

Search Volunteer Programs | Catholic Volunteer Network

Here's an honorable mention for a couple programs that pay for a Master's degree along the way. I believe more or out there, these are just the ones I've come across thus far:

Holy Family Service Corps (Pittsburgh, Duquesne University or Carlow) - Program Search Results | Catholic Volunteer Network

Echo (through Notre Dame) - Program Search Results | Catholic Volunteer Network

Alliance for Catholic Education (also Notre Dame)

God willing, all of this can help someone out there. Posting things online always feel like a shot in the dark, but I have to remember there are real people out there, and maybe the sense of adventure lines up with a desire for service for some of you
th

Last edited:
Reactions: messianist