Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic
washingtonpost.com
Conservative Christian ministers from across the land, determined to test the bounds of a new law punishing anti-gay hate crimes, assembled outside the Justice Department on Monday to denounce the sin of homosexuality and see whether they would be charged with lawbreaking. Anything other than sex "between a male and his wedded wife," announced the Rev. Paul Blair, "is a perversion, and the Bible says that homosexuality is in fact an abomination."
No arrest was made.​

Just wait until some nutcase kills a homosexual after attending Sunday service where the preacher talked about the sin of men laying down together. You wait. Once that happens, not only will the murderer be charged, but you will see the first legal case based on "hate speech" brought against the pastor.

All in good time. The template has been built.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just wait until some nutcase kills a homosexual after attending Sunday service where the preacher talked about the sin of men laying down together. You wait. Once that happens, not only will the murderer be charged, but you will see the first legal case based on "hate speech" brought against the pastor.

Exactly! Hate speech laws will come in time if hate speech isn't already a crime in some areas of the US. It's disgusting. I agree that some speech is truly hateful such as the speech that Westboro Baptist Church promotes but speeches against homosexuality that a normal pastor would give are not hate speech!

Upvote 0
Event the freak Phelps deserves to speak his hate. Unless he is literally telling others to do physical harm, whatever he says is protected.

What a joke it is, that inappropriate contentography is protected "speech", but soon enough actual words (as ugly as those words may be) could be deemed illegal. It's coming. The corruption of political correctness will teach us all to be good little idiots, as we denounce God and bow before our new Chicago Thug King.

Upvote 0

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So let me get this straight Kid Fish. You're upset and offended about something that hasn't happened, isn't allowable under any US law or under the US constitution, and that nobody in power the US has proposed doing? Do you not see the ridiculousness here? Save the outrage for things that are actually happening or going to happen and don't get so worked up convincing yourself the whole world is out to get you.

Upvote 0
So let me get this straight Kid Fish. You're upset and offended about something that hasn't happened, isn't allowable under any US law or under the US constitution, and that nobody in power the US has proposed doing? Do you not see the ridiculousness here? Save the outrage for things that are actually happening or going to happen and don't get so worked up convincing yourself the whole world is out to get you.

Perhaps you are a paranoid donkey who thinks the world revolves around your thoughts, but as for me I am more concerned with the ramifications of nonsense crapolla laws on the freedom of every citizen.

By your logic there was nothing to worry about in President Child sitting in the pews of Jeremiah Wright for 20 years, because after all, the stink from the pulpit could never attach itself to the future president. Ya, okay then. It isn't as though the man has surrounded himself with the left lunatic fringe.

With all due respect, talk to me in twenty years once you have lived long enough and seen enough to understand the ripple effect of "feel good" legislation.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,811.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
washingtonpost.com
Conservative Christian ministers from across the land, determined to test the bounds of a new law punishing anti-gay hate crimes, assembled outside the Justice Department on Monday to denounce the sin of homosexuality and see whether they would be charged with lawbreaking. Anything other than sex "between a male and his wedded wife," announced the Rev. Paul Blair, "is a perversion, and the Bible says that homosexuality is in fact an abomination."
No arrest was made.​

Wow, I hope that curtain that former Attorney General Ashcroft put over the statue is still there.

I'm sure the evangelical ministers would be scandalized.

Upvote 0
S

Steve "Sonic" Smith

Let me see:

A nutcase, killing people for screwed up religious reasons fired up by a relgious leader.

If its a Muslim, he's a terrorists.

If its a Christain, its what ?

An extreme response that we don't endorce but we understand the deep feeling because the guy's religion is under attack by the society at large ?

Upvote 0
Steve "Sonic" Smith;53529060 said:
Let me see:

A nutcase, killing people for screwed up religious reasons fired up by a relgious leader.

If its a Muslim, he's a terrorists.

If its a Christain, its what ?

An extreme response that we don't endorce but we understand the deep feeling because the guy's religion is under attack by the society at large ?

Your logic is flawed, I would surmise due to ignorance and agenda.

The murderer of the homosexual, is a murderer. No reasoning the why's, no justification. He is a murderer. His pastor who may preach against homosexuality as a lifestyle, is not a murderer.

The lovely and apparently talented with guns, nutcase in Ft Hood is a murderer and a terrorist, killing based on an ideology, in a declared WAR against Western Civilization. He should be tried and executed.

Your extrapolation into a Christian/Muslim equivalence is the fodder of those without reasoning capability, and the use of the example is merely silly attempts at "gotcha" where the gotcha is only in your own mind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Perhaps you are a paranoid donkey who thinks the world revolves around your thoughts, but as for me I am more concerned with the ramifications of nonsense crapolla laws on the freedom of every citizen.

By your logic there was nothing to worry about in President Child sitting in the pews of Jeremiah Wright for 20 years, because after all, the stink from the pulpit could never attach itself to the future president. Ya, okay then. It isn't as though the man has surrounded himself with the left lunatic fringe.

With all due respect, talk to me in twenty years once you have lived long enough and seen enough to understand the ripple effect of "feel good" legislation.

And that has nothing to do with anything. No US law allows for the punishment of speech, the law in question specifically PROHIBITS the punishment of speech and religious exercise, and the US constitution specifically prohibits the punishment of speech and religious exercise. There is no legal way to punish someone who says "homosexuality is wrong," or "the bible says homosexuality is an abomination," or even "God hates ****." There is nothing here to be afraid of. There's no one trying to punish speech. You go on rants about this and that and my political icon and Obama (what does he have to do with this?). I operate on facts and logic. There are no facts and no logic that leads anyone to believe that there is ANY way what religious speech is going to be silenced or punished. It's baseless paranoia, plain and simple.

Upvote 0