Auckland
✟379,929.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey - I have been working for a company in Texas writing blogs.

I cant believe the minimum wage over there - just $7.50/Hr.

Here in New Zealand, no one is paid that low, yet Texas must be one of the most affluent States. (maybe that's why?)

Our minimum wage is US$14.30/Hr.

Rents have gone out the roof here - In NZ we pay US$500 a week for a small three bedroom house.

I had hoped to get good employment on line during my 'retirement' but the pay rates being offered in the US are very poor.

I had alway thought the wages were high in the US...

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I had hoped to get good employment on line during my 'retirement' but the pay rates being offered in the US are very poor.

Depending on the city, you could pay anything from $1000 to $4000 a month for a 3 bedroom house. The US average is $1500 per month but in a major city such as Boston, where I moved from, I saw apartments near a $3000 mark if you wanted to be in a upscale area.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Rents have gone out the roof here - In NZ we pay US$500 a week for a small three bedroom house.

I wish! I pay more than that for a two-bedroom apartment with 800 square feet. I don't live in a city or even the suburbs of one. Rent prices are just going through the roof!

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Here in New Zealand, no one is paid that low, yet Texas must be one of the most affluent States. (maybe that's why?)

In Tennessee the minimum wage is even less, $7.25 per hour. Service staff can be paid as low as $2.13 per hour. In Nashville the average rent for a one bedroom apartment is over $1500 per month.
At some point, something has to give or it's going to break.

Or, we could just have them declare everything free and forgive all debts, public and private... then we wouldn't have to worry about wages.
A year of Jubilee, not a bad idea. I wonder who came up with that?

Upvote 0

Walk together

Jun 25, 2021
sydney
✟30,237.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor

I may not be answering your question but what comes to mind is that there is only the rich because there is the poor.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Writing rates are typically low and increase with experience. The more publications you have behind you or traffic to your pieces the more you’ll command. You can get an idea of rates on the Problogger job board.

Blogging wise, there’s little benefit to writing for others unless you want the byline. You give up a lot and all the spoils go to them. A notable exception are sponsored posts produced on your site. You’d earn a fee plus the ad rates and upsell if applicable.

Rates are determined by audience. That’s generally the domain of influencers, reviewers, and food blogs. That’s where you see it most.

If you’re a good writer you’d be better served by starting a blog and building your platform. Digital products would provide the revenue you seek and passive income.

~bella

• Optimistic
Reactions: Walk together
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟805,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I paid $7,000 for a fully functional house in Detroit. It's only 2 bedroom, but worth it. Then I bought a much larger house for $30,000. I live where I can comfortably afford to.

As for minimum wage, I kind of resent that people who work full time for multi-million dollar companies have to get food stamps and medical. It's like the government is paying what the huge corporations should be paying for.

• Prayers
Reactions: Walk together
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

rent for a one bedroom apartment here is $1,000 a month here in Michigan. That is on the cheap end here.

Upvote 0

Walk together

Jun 25, 2021
sydney
✟30,237.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
When I got my first job as a teenager in 1983 minimum wage was $3.35 an hour.
Good one I remember my first full time job in 1980 I was paid $70 a week. Better than a schoolboy with an empty pocket.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums