Spirited Apostate
Aug 8, 2009
Home sweet home
✟18,807.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
This game has been getting increasingly popular and while I'd always been sort of skeptical about it, I decided to try it out and it is actually incredibly addicting. I've sort of stopped playing it though because I've pretty much done everything short of just mining for more stuff and I really want to try multi-player with a friend at some point. Also the bugs are really starting to get on my nerves.
Anyway, just now I found a rather odd article on how Minecraft is about teaching Christian principles. I read through it and I'm utterly unconvinced. A lot of the points seem retrospective, only really applicable to someone who is approaching it from a religious perspective, yet they claim that it is a Christian game aimed at a secular audience. I actually really can't tell if this whole website is a joke or not, but I wanted to share it to see what you guys think.
Is this person trying to project meaning where there isn't any, or do you think he or she has an actual case?
[Edit]
This has to be a joke, no one could seriously launch this misguided an attempt to connect with youth could they? I mean I've seen some pretty cheesy stuff in the past but this? It's attached to objective ministries, which I'm positive is satire (even though they said explicitly that they are not). I don't know, it's all so infuriatingly on the line so as to make your head hurt.

Last edited:

nehalem

Aug 19, 2007
✟7,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anyone bought the beta version and want a server to play on? It's just me and 1 other person right now, i'm looking to get a few more people building on my server so it's a bit more alive :). Server is in the midwest so pings should be good almost anywhere in the US.

All are welcome as of right now, just PM me for connection info.

Upvote 0

brassdust

Nov 8, 2011
✟7,612.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Minecraft a Christian Game? The folks on the server "wwjd.dyndns.org" think it is. They've merged with other Christian Minecraft groups to make a mega church fellowship of Minecraft. People can build in some areas as soon as they join the server. Several chapels have Bible verses and Biblical Recreations are not too uncommon.

The server address is "wwjd.dyndns.org" Christian Minecraft. It does exist :p

Upvote 0

brassdust

Nov 8, 2011
✟7,612.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A group of people went to the server to bring our buildings down. t's commonly called griefing. It was so well protected by the Christian community, that some of the griefers actually posted "we attacked WWJD and WWJD is winning." Here is an excerpt from the server owner:

Most of the griefs were to a glass structure built by CCGR member, jgamer. It had water in it that spilled onto the ground. (not much action). Signs are posted near griefed areas to say why ppl were jailed.

The most creative grief? Elite_DWB (or something like that). Turned the cross on a recently built church, to be the number one. God is number 1, so most of us have taken this in stride. Elite is currently building the jail in anyway he sees fit. What did he to to the jail so far? He made it into a church.

We are Christian, we tell the world about God's son, Jesus. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved (John 3:17). The world is welcome on our server, to learn from our Bible verses and from our witness. Christian means Christ-Like. We are Christian. We are legion.

Praise God for making this possible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sapphire Dragon

Truly Loved... as are you.
Sep 28, 2008
On a planet that needs healing.
Visit site
✟10,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Green
Minecraft is awesome. If anyone has paid for it, they get to beta test, and the new Ocelots are amazing.

But this game in general is just amazing. What does everyone build usually? I tend to build underground homes.

Upvote 0

RobertMerton

Veteran
Mar 19, 2005
Internet
✟17,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
depends on the server.

on a survival one, i just usually get the basics covered, like an underground tree farm, wheat farm, storage, bed, etc.

on a bukkit mod server i used to build alot of towers and stuff. I built a replica of that keishbaba hotel, which took me a solid week of work, as well as a full scale soccer stadium and train station.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RobertMerton

Veteran
Mar 19, 2005
Internet
✟17,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've been thinking about getting a minecraft account. I might not depends on what needs to be done.

you basically just pay the money, (not sure how much it is, but i got it for cheap before beta)

its worth it if you play online as you'll spend many hours online.

Upvote 0

Barricade24

Feb 3, 2012
In a Chair
✟8,627.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love Minecraft! It definetly proves that old things can be better than the new. I am on a server where I am currently building my mansion. It is pretty much the exact same thing that I made on my single player map. My single player game gave me some trouble with that is known as the dreaded ender-dragon. That thing is a pain to deal with.

Upvote 0