Is Minecraft Evil or Spiritual Dangerous? Can Christians Play Minecraft?

Maurits

Aug 9, 2016
The Netherlands
✟8,692.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Going by a trailer video on Steam, I'd say that Mother Russia Bleeds is indeed a very bad game. He's better off playing GTA, even. As GBTWC said, I too feel a strange vibe from it, which I interpret as a bad vibe in a spiritual way.

Little warning to any reader: I'm talking explicitly about suicide and self-harm here. Don't continue reading if this severely upsets you.

Also, stabbing oneself 72 times doesn't sound like a healthy thing to do.
As some people have already stated, his problems might be "worldly": a bad home situation, leading to addiction to video games, leading to seclusion, etc.
However, a "normal" reaction to worldly problems could be self-harm and/or a 'modest' suicide attempt. By modest I mean one that at least has a little google-research behind it. In the case of stabbing oneself to death (which in itself is a highly unusual way of committing suicide due to its high chance of failure, as well as being extremely painful), that would be research to which parts of the body are most vulnerable, so you only have to stab one or a few times in order to die, and you don't make such a mess. (I know I'm saying this very stoically, but this simply is the reality that I'm too well-acquainted with. It's not intended to shock, it's intended to plainly describe.)
Stabbing oneself 72 times doesn't sound like self-harm or a normal suicide attempt to me. His "worldly" environment might cause him psychological problems, but I highly doubt his problems are "worldly" only. I think it's extremely likely that this boy is possessed.

And now I know that's not a nice thing to accuse someone of, so let me explain what I mean by possession. I don't think possession is as it's depicted in scary stories and movies: a total loss of control to a foreign identity (a demon). Instead, I think the loss of control is partial: that's the way I see my own possession, at least. The demon influenced my behavior, but I still had control up to a certain degree.
However, as far as I know, I was only possessed by one demon. I think it's possible to be possessed by multiple demons at the same time, and with each demon, one loses more self-control. Read Matthew 8:28-32:
28 When He came to the other side into the country of the Gadarenes, two men who were demon-possessed met Him as they were coming out of the tombs. They were so extremely violent that no one could pass by that way. 29 And they cried out, saying, “What business do we have with each other, Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?” 30 Now there was a herd of many swine feeding at a distance from them. 31 The demons began to entreat Him, saying, “If You are going to cast us out, send us into the herd of swine.” 32 And He said to them, “Go!” And they came out and went into the swine, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea and perished in the waters.

I think this part supports this theory: two extremely possessed men, possessed by so many demons that those demons could possess an entire herd of swine. There might be more stories about demons being cast out that support my theory, but I don't know a lot of those stories myself.

Anyway, I highly recommend doing "the usual" for Josh: praying while laying your hands on him or touching him otherwise, and doing it in Jesus Christ's name. At least for a few minutes; I heard sometimes it can take a while before demons come 'to the surface'.

I hope this post doesn't offend anyone. That is not my intention. I can be rather direct sometimes, and this sometimes ends up being offending, without me intending it to be so.
I hope you consider my words. And I, too, will be praying for Josh. ^^

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Going by a trailer video on Steam, I'd say that Mother Russia Bleeds is indeed a very bad game. He's better off playing GTA, even. As GBTWC said, I too feel a strange vibe from it, which I interpret as a bad vibe in a spiritual way.

Little warning to any reader: I'm talking explicitly about suicide and self-harm here. Don't continue reading if this severely upsets you.

Also, stabbing oneself 72 times doesn't sound like a healthy thing to do.
As some people have already stated, his problems might be "worldly": a bad home situation, leading to addiction to video games, leading to seclusion, etc.
However, a "normal" reaction to worldly problems could be self-harm and/or a 'modest' suicide attempt. By modest I mean one that at least has a little google-research behind it. In the case of stabbing oneself to death (which in itself is a highly unusual way of committing suicide due to its high chance of failure, as well as being extremely painful), that would be research to which parts of the body are most vulnerable, so you only have to stab one or a few times in order to die, and you don't make such a mess. (I know I'm saying this very stoically, but this simply is the reality that I'm too well-acquainted with. It's not intended to shock, it's intended to plainly describe.)
Stabbing oneself 72 times doesn't sound like self-harm or a normal suicide attempt to me. His "worldly" environment might cause him psychological problems, but I highly doubt his problems are "worldly" only. I think it's extremely likely that this boy is possessed.

And now I know that's not a nice thing to accuse someone of, so let me explain what I mean by possession. I don't think possession is as it's depicted in scary stories and movies: a total loss of control to a foreign identity (a demon). Instead, I think the loss of control is partial: that's the way I see my own possession, at least. The demon influenced my behavior, but I still had control up to a certain degree.
However, as far as I know, I was only possessed by one demon. I think it's possible to be possessed by multiple demons at the same time, and with each demon, one loses more self-control. Read Matthew 8:28-32:
28 When He came to the other side into the country of the Gadarenes, two men who were demon-possessed met Him as they were coming out of the tombs. They were so extremely violent that no one could pass by that way. 29 And they cried out, saying, “What business do we have with each other, Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?” 30 Now there was a herd of many swine feeding at a distance from them. 31 The demons began to entreat Him, saying, “If You are going to cast us out, send us into the herd of swine.” 32 And He said to them, “Go!” And they came out and went into the swine, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea and perished in the waters.

I think this part supports this theory: two extremely possessed men, possessed by so many demons that those demons could possess an entire herd of swine. There might be more stories about demons being cast out that support my theory, but I don't know a lot of those stories myself.

Anyway, I highly recommend doing "the usual" for Josh: praying while laying your hands on him or touching him otherwise, and doing it in Jesus Christ's name. At least for a few minutes; I heard sometimes it can take a while before demons come 'to the surface'.

I hope this post doesn't offend anyone. That is not my intention. I can be rather direct sometimes, and this sometimes ends up being offending, without me intending it to be so.
I hope you consider my words. And I, too, will be praying for Josh. ^^
Ahhhh sigh of relief, thank you so much for "getting" what I am saying. You worded that and presented that very very well. I agree with you and **hands clapping** !! As I was trying to "show" on another post that these things and others in which you touched on, are very very dangerous and people are harming themself and killing themself. And if anything I just wish people would be on guard more than they are. I appreciate your honesty and how you warned others, which leads me to say, that words can get twisted and not understood. You have to look at the "whole picture" , not just part of it. Thank you so much, God Bless !!

Upvote 0

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am asking this question in regards to a lady whose son loves this game. He has posters on his wall in his bedroom of this game. I have no clue at all if this game has evil intentions or good, it's hard to know these days. I tried looking it up on the internet and got various answers. Some are saying it's inviting evil spirits into their home and others seem to not be bothered by the game. So I am looking for "advice" as to anyone out there that may know for sure if this game can open doors to evil or not? Again, this is not my child and I am seeking answers for his mom. She has been dealing with terrible things happening in her home for 9 yrs and is trying to get to the root of the problem. Her daughter is suicidal and does self harm. The mother is deeply depressed and sometimes suicidal. The teenage boy is suicidal and the father sleeps in seperate bedroom from the wife and has for 9 years and the marriage is failing. Everyone there is always fearful and they only experience "some" relief when they are outside of the home. There is alot more detail to this story but I am trying to keep it brief. So any info about this game would help me, thank you.

All computer games are potentially dangerous in one way or another. Minecraft is quite demonic, I think, so it destroys the brains and souls of little people

Upvote 0

LutheranGuy123

Feb 23, 2017
Texas
✟28,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
All computer games are potentially dangerous in one way or another. Minecraft is quite demonic, I think, so it destroys the brains and souls of little people
Computer games are no worse than "analog" games like playing cops and robbers. People have been drawing depictions of graphic violence for years. The fact that they now move isn't a big difference. The issue comes when a child can't separate the fantasy of the game with reality.

And if you think this is a new idea, people went out to watch the battle of Bull Run during the Civil War. They brought picnics to watch men shoot each other.

Upvote 0

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Computer games are no worse than "analog" games like playing cops and robbers. People have been drawing depictions of graphic violence for years. The fact that they now move isn't a big difference. The issue comes when a child can't separate the fantasy of the game with reality.

And if you think this is a new idea, people went out to watch the battle of Bull Run during the Civil War. They brought picnics to watch men shoot each other.

But we live today. Computer games - on tablets, consoles, phones, PCs etc. is a true debilitating plague, stealing time, depriving of physical activity and engraving awful diabolic ideas in the developing minds

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The suicide funeral i attended, the young man was 23. He was dealing with depression. His was sent to a catholic school. I dont know what they teach there, but, i dont think he heard or understood the gospel.

When you are saved and adopted by our heavenly Father, you are no longer a bastard, so you cannot ever call yourself one. However, this young man didnt know this. He also didnt know he had hope and could call on our saviour Lord Jesus to rescue him. As far as I know, he did not have an obsession with video games, but he was obssessed with death and dying.

As for minecraft, there are worse games like WOW. Curses are generational and are opposite of blessings. If there are suicidal tendencies in your family line. It can be traced back to a curse. Same with alcoholism, adultery, abuse etc. curses can be broken by the blood of Jesus.

The thing is if you dont recognise what you dealing with or the enemies wiles, you cant be free. The truth sets us free. Dont deny the truth.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The suicide funeral i attended, the young man was 23. He was dealing with depression. He was sent to a catholic school. I dont know what they teach there, but, i dont think he heard or understood the gospel.

When you are saved and adopted by our heavenly Father, you are no longer a bastard, so you cannot ever call yourself one. However, this young man didnt know this. He also didnt know he had hope and could call on our saviour Lord Jesus to rescue him. As far as I know, he did not have an obsession with video games, but he was obssessed with death and dying.

As for minecraft, there are worse games like WOW. Curses are generational and are opposite of blessings. If there are suicidal tendencies in your family line. It can be traced back to a curse. Same with alcoholism, adultery, abuse etc. curses can be broken by the blood of Jesus.

The thing is if you dont recognise what you dealing with or the enemies wiles, you cant be free. The truth sets us free. Dont deny the truth.

Upvote 0

LutheranGuy123

Feb 23, 2017
Texas
✟28,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
But we live today. Computer games - on tablets, consoles, phones, PCs etc. is a true debilitating plague, stealing time, depriving of physical activity and engraving awful diabolic ideas in the developing minds

You know why I learned what logic gates are and how computers work? To make redstone machines in Minecraft. You know why I have a high IQ? I play a TON of puzzle games all day to train it. Just the other day I started learning ROCKET PHYSICS to play Kerbal Space Program. Is there something else I should use my time on?

Upvote 0

LutheranGuy123

Feb 23, 2017
Texas
✟28,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
The suicide funeral i attended, the young man was 23. He was dealing with depression. He was sent to a catholic school. I dont know what they teach there, but, i dont think he heard or understood the gospel.

There are many games that are designed with psychology in mind to cause addiction. Candy Crush, Farmville, Clash of Clans, all use audiovisual reward systems to trick your brain into making a Pavlovian association of the game with positive stimulus. WoW is not designed in such a way. The reason you see the average WoW player as a no-lifer is because that style of game demands frequent play and a strict schedule. Basically the addicts created WoW, not the other way around.

• Informative
Reactions: Maurits
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shard

The Echelon
Oct 19, 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
✟18,723.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Youre some kind of charismatic aren't you? Its always telling.

Upvote 0

Newbienow

Dec 19, 2016
Ireland
✟9,542.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I apologise for taking so long. Firstly i dont even know what a troll is. All i can say is since my child began playing minecraft, her personality changed completely. It has been so frightening, obsession with this game. I dont want to give too much details as its very sensitive as its about my child. We have witnessed supernatural occurences since this game came into our home. Things i thought i would never see in my whole life, except for in movies. I understand its hard to take peoples word that you dont know anything about but I have no reason to lie, im not crazy, and have had others witness these incidents. All i can do is try warn other people especially parents. We have been living a nightmare since but we are getting help, Thank God. And i believe its when God opens your eyes, then the true colours of this game will be shown. Thats when it all gets nasty. Im not here to judge anyone or to try spoil others fun, Im speaking the truth. Its 100% demonic. Sorriest thing ive ever let into my childrens lives. And yes to be honest its getting harder to find games that are not connected to the occult in some way.

Upvote 0

looploop

Nov 1, 2016
US
✟17,067.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
After I got off the phone with her, i went to check into his facebook page and found more disturbing things. I have all the answers needed for the game Minecraft (thank you) , but upon looking at the facebook found something called "Mother Russia Bleeds".....???? and what I could see from just a glimpse it appeared to not be a good game at all for this kid, so not to change the thread, because i dont want to post another, does anyone know about this game?

I'm sorry to be blunt, but it seems like you have a few problems to work on yourself. I don't mean this in a rude way, but I think you need to take a step back and look at yourself and these issues again.
I know I don't know the full story, but there are some questions I want to ask because I don't understand.

Why is it that after you heard he stabbed himself and was in the hospital, you went to check his Facebook page?I just can't comprehend why that would be one of the first things you do. That should be the last thing on your mind.

But before I travel there to minister when he is released from the hospital, I want to know all that I need to know. So Mother Russia Bleeds......any info???

This is even more disturbing. From the title, yes, I can assume it's bad and goes against Christianity. And yes it makes sense that you don't want him to play it - I wouldn't want a kid playing a game like that either! But I can't phantom why, of all issues, you seem to think a game is the most important right now. Why are you focusing on that instead of other issues? I think you are obsessed with this game thing, and not in a good way.

But not only that...You proceeded to post:
I disagree completely as doctors, medicines, counseling, therapy etc has not worked in 7 years. Its time to deal with the devil. This is a spiritual battle. Flesh no longer has anything to do with this. I guarantee that !!! I have seen first hand over and countless times people have said they need medicine, they need professional help etc. They get it, take meds, keep trying only to end up doing what they do and suffering. Just the other day in headline news a child who has been treated professionally decapitated his mothers head and walked calmly out the door. I say enough with the meds issue and the people sitting behind a desk saying here eat this cookie and call me in the morning. NOPE its not working anymore and mental health issues are on the rise drastically, its time for GOD to move on these peoples lives and put the devil OUT. Thank you for your opinion, but I agree to disagree, have a blessed day.

That is sending up *major* red flags of moderate to severe paranoia. You need help. You really, really do. You are paranoid about doctors, and you are paranoid about games. There are probably other things like this that make you feel uneasy? Things you just can't trust? You might think it's ridiculous what I am saying, and I know your fear of doctors is severe, but...Please try seeing a therapist at least. Therapists aren't there to make money. People choose to be therapists because they want to help people. If they only wanted money, they would be a lawyer or doctor instead. Something higher-paying.
I just hope you can get help...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Reubzk

Oct 10, 2017
AUCKLAND
✟15,201.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Ive started playing it recently but I've been having this very strange and uncomfortable feeling towards it. For starters, there is sorcery, enchantment, monsters that suicide themselves, witches/wizards, some purple demon called enderman ( it has cool eyes though) but what really put me off i think was that you create a portal to this world called netherworld which is in other terms known as hell where you run around and collect things without falling into the lava lake (lake of fire). Some freakish ghost makes the sound of a baby then screeches like some possesed creature when its attacked. Just looking at it looks rather unpleasant. Some of the sounds and music is pretty eerie. SO... I think Ill stop playing it now. This uncomfortableness is rather unsettling when i play the game.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Ive started playing it recently but I've been having this very strange and uncomfortable feeling towards it. For starters, there is sorcery, enchantment, monsters that suicide themselves, witches/wizards, some purple demon called enderman ( it has cool eyes though) but what really put me off i think was that you create a portal to this world called netherworld which is in other terms known as hell where you run around and collect things without falling into the lava lake (lake of fire). Some freakish ghost makes the sound of a baby then screeches like some possesed creature when its attacked. Just looking at it looks rather unpleasant. Some of the sounds and music is pretty eerie. SO... I think Ill stop playing it now. This uncomfortableness is rather unsettling when i play the game.
I agree that you should stop if your conscience is warning you against it. I suspect then that you should also stay away from reading C.S. Lewis' Narnia series as well. Which is said because it's pretty great. Not as great though as Lord of the Rings, which you'll need to stay away from as well. Also, make sure you don't look out your window at the end of this month!

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am asking this question in regards to a lady whose son loves this game. He has posters on his wall in his bedroom of this game. I have no clue at all if this game has evil intentions or good, it's hard to know these days. I tried looking it up on the internet and got various answers. Some are saying it's inviting evil spirits into their home and others seem to not be bothered by the game. So I am looking for "advice" as to anyone out there that may know for sure if this game can open doors to evil or not? Again, this is not my child and I am seeking answers for his mom. She has been dealing with terrible things happening in her home for 9 yrs and is trying to get to the root of the problem. Her daughter is suicidal and does self harm. The mother is deeply depressed and sometimes suicidal. The teenage boy is suicidal and the father sleeps in seperate bedroom from the wife and has for 9 years and the marriage is failing. Everyone there is always fearful and they only experience "some" relief when they are outside of the home. There is alot more detail to this story but I am trying to keep it brief. So any info about this game would help me, thank you.
It's digital Lego. It teaches spatial awareness, maths and geometry. Don't over think it.

Upvote 0

Newbienow

Dec 19, 2016
Ireland
✟9,542.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi Reubzk, what you are sensing is real. I was a luke warm christian before, my husband didnt believe in God, then my daughter started playing minecraft, became obsessed & had a complete personality change. I have said it in earlier post we witnessed supernatural things happening, we have been physically assaulted, saw black shapes, we have been choked, husband held down in bed twice. Now we pray, now we believe in God. Minecraft is an opening for evil to enter your life. We have moved house over all this, but that didnt do any good. Weve had to totally change our lives, minecraft is gone & many other things. It has been difficult because people dont understand. But for all those who say its stupid, paranoid, crazy or fanatical for blaming a game, I guarantee you if anybody experienced what we have they would want to warn everybody. We'd be here a long time if i was to tell the full details, it got desperate when we got rid of the game, like a retaliation. Weve never prayed so much in our lives since it began. Its an occult game, christians are been fooled because they dont want to see the truth. I'll be praying for you.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Reubzk, what you are sensing is real. I was a luke warm christian before, my husband didnt believe in God, then my daughter started playing minecraft, became obsessed & had a complete personality change. I have said it in earlier post we witnessed supernatural things happening, we have been physically assaulted, saw black shapes, we have been choked, husband held down in bed twice. Now we pray, now we believe in God. Minecraft is an opening for evil to enter your life. We have moved house over all this, but that didnt do any good. Weve had to totally change our lives, minecraft is gone & many other things. It has been difficult because people dont understand. But for all those who say its stupid, paranoid, crazy or fanatical for blaming a game, I guarantee you if anybody experienced what we have they would want to warn everybody. We'd be here a long time if i was to tell the full details, it got desperate when we got rid of the game, like a retaliation. Weve never prayed so much in our lives since it began. Its an occult game, christians are been fooled because they dont want to see the truth. I'll be praying for you.
I've played the game...got bored and stopped......I let my children play it this until they got bored of it as well.....The played for years whenever they got a chance to. Bought it for a higher game systems and they were already bored of it so the new game is just collecting dust...for the last year or so. Not once have we experienced anything at all negative.....not even close to it.

I'm not saying you didn't experience what you say you did....but maybe you need to examine whether or not there is a different source for your problem......Or talk about your personal traits and habits and link your experience to those who have the same traits and habits as you.

I have proven that the game in and of itself, is not negative.....But maybe it can bring out negativity in the ones playing.

Upvote 0