Seeker
Mar 19, 2013
Greenwood, South Carolina, USA
✟15,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I played quite a bit over the last year on Xbox360. I favored survival mode over creative because it seemed more challenging to get resources and build without everything given to you. Made some domes, a blimp, lots of tall towers and went down to bedrock. This kept me entertained for quite some time, but haven't been on it lately.

Upvote 0

The-Doctor

Man with a scarf
Nov 12, 2002
England
✟28,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I play the 360 version too...yes I prefer survival too. I managed to build a portal and visit the nether but that place is brutal. I'm lucky to get out alive most times still the nether rack looks nice burning in my house. Currently exploring creating an underwater tunnel of glass and using red stone to power train tracks.

Upvote 0

USCGrad90

Seeker
Mar 19, 2013
Greenwood, South Carolina, USA
✟15,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You need to take a bunch of cobblestone to the nether and build around your portal and make a small house around it. The cobblestone will stop the fireballs and make it more survivable. There are different resources there, including glowstone that can make your main house look pretty cool. Google and YouTube have a lot of examples of people who have created some fantastic structures and devices with the redstone. There are also some good tutorial videos if you are trying to figure out how to make redstone powered devices.

Upvote 0

The-Doctor

Man with a scarf
Nov 12, 2002
England
✟28,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You need to take a bunch of cobblestone to the nether and build around your portal and make a small house around it. The cobblestone will stop the fireballs and make it more survivable. There are different resources there, including glowstone that can make your main house look pretty cool. Google and YouTube have a lot of examples of people who have created some fantastic structures and devices with the redstone. There are also some good tutorial videos if you are trying to figure out how to make redstone powered devices.

Thanks...I keep getting shot at with fireballs when I arrive. I red the cobblestone protects against this ... I'll give it a try if I survive long enough. I worked out how to power the rails and make a dispenser shoot arrows. Just managed to make an enchantment table so powering up my armour and weapons...whilst trying to build a glass tunnel under a lake. What I have done looks good so far.

Upvote 0

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Love it, played back in Beta, played when it went live, played when it came out on xbox360. I still play time to time, but not as much as I once did. My teen daughter loves it in creative mode, and so do her younger future step sisters.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums