• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Mind prediction

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just copy paste it from reddit. My mind used to predict specific sounds when sleeping. I would wake up with a thought like an instict telling me that now I will hear someone in the building opening his/her door and leaving. At that moment, it actually happened. It happened more than 5 times. It was not a dream. I checked it. One other time, the same thing happened but instead it was a van alarm. My mind was telling me that I!will hear a!car alarm. And it happened. At that moment, I was freaked and thought that was like the door sound. At that moment I heard door opening. I freaked more. One other time, I heard a dog barking while I was thinking something that has been bugging me a lot. Many times in the past when I was thinking I would hear dog barking or door or alarm. Somehow, I ended up when thinking or writing about my problem to fear for specific sounds to happen. For example, I was writing in other topic about the door coincidences and before writing the part with the door my instict feared and told me stuff like " what will happen if I hear a door while I am writing it?" It happened. Many times I thought that I will consider a sign if the 3 sounds happen together. That thought was triggered when I heard a dog barking. The dog kept barking and suddenly a car alarm -[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] AS I WAS WRITING RIGHT NOW (when wrote it in reddit) THE WORD "CAR ALARM" MY MIND TOLD ME I WILL HEAR IT. AND I THINK I HEARD SOMETHING LIKE A CAR ALARM- anyway as I was saying a car alarm started ringing with the door opening sound. It happened again after some days. I heard an alarm with a door and thought something like "all we need is a dog now" and the dog started barking. One other time, I was watching a youtube video. Somebody was talking about a symbol. I feared that I will hear the word "sign" in it since it had to with the symbol. A thought told me "what will happen if the last thing I will hear when closing the video will be the word "sign"? I feared cause it will mean something bad. I waited and when felt ready I clicked "X". The last word I heard was the word sign. I reopened it to check it. What should I make of this? [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]. AS I WAS READING MY POST ABOUT THE DOOR (when first wrote it in reddit) I HEARD A DOOR OPENING IN THE BUILSING AND THEN MY EYE MOVED TO THE DOG BARKING AND I HEARD A DOG I THINK

• Haha
Reactions: Shawn Stuart

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I just copy paste it from reddit. My mind used to predict specific sounds when sleeping. I would wake up with a thought like an instict telling me that now I will hear someone in the building opening his/her door and leaving. At that moment, it actually happened. It happened more than 5 times. It was not a dream. I checked it. One other time, the same thing happened but instead it was a van alarm. My mind was telling me that I!will hear a!car alarm. And it happened. At that moment, I was freaked and thought that was like the door sound. At that moment I heard door opening. I freaked more. One other time, I heard a dog barking while I was thinking something that has been bugging me a lot. Many times in the past when I was thinking I would hear dog barking or door or alarm. Somehow, I ended up when thinking or writing about my problem to fear for specific sounds to happen. For example, I was writing in other topic about the door coincidences and before writing the part with the door my instict feared and told me stuff like " what will happen if I hear a door while I am writing it?" It happened. Many times I thought that I will consider a sign if the 3 sounds happen together. That thought was triggered when I heard a dog barking. The dog kept barking and suddenly a car alarm -[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] AS I WAS WRITING RIGHT NOW (when wrote it in reddit) THE WORD "CAR ALARM" MY MIND TOLD ME I WILL HEAR IT. AND I THINK I HEARD SOMETHING LIKE A CAR ALARM- anyway as I was saying a car alarm started ringing with the door opening sound. It happened again after some days. I heard an alarm with a door and thought something like "all we need is a dog now" and the dog started barking. One other time, I was watching a youtube video. Somebody was talking about a symbol. I feared that I will hear the word "sign" in it since it had to with the symbol. A thought told me "what will happen if the last thing I will hear when closing the video will be the word "sign"? I feared cause it will mean something bad. I waited and when felt ready I clicked "X". The last word I heard was the word sign. I reopened it to check it. What should I make of this? [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]. AS I WAS READING MY POST ABOUT THE DOOR (when first wrote it in reddit) I HEARD A DOOR OPENING IN THE BUILSING AND THEN MY EYE MOVED TO THE DOG BARKING AND I HEARD A DOG I THINK

Sounds like you may be obsessing on thoughts that have no meaning and trying to apply a meaning to them because they are odd thoughts. If the Lord was to provide a "sign" He would make it very clear to you.

1 Peter 5:8
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

May the Lord bring His peace to your mind.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I feared that I will hear the word "sign" in it since it had to with the symbol.

And what is the relevance of these 'signs'.

Do they tell you anything about Jesus, or about how to improve your relationship with him?

Does it matter if you think you will hear a door slam or a dog bark?
You have a history of OCD and get obcessed by what you think are signs.
Could you talk to your therapist to find a way not to think about signs.

Upvote 0