tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Millions in aid from small business relief fund went to "hate groups" - CBS News
At least 10 groups with a history of making anti-Black, anti-LGBTQ or anti-immigrant statements received loans from the government's small business coronavirus relief fund.

The Center for Immigration Studies, for instance, a Washington, D.C.-based organization described as a "hate group" by the Southern Poverty Law Center, got as much as $1 million from the Paycheck Protection Program, with the loan made by United Bank. The Southern Poverty Law Center in 2017 documented more than 2,000 instances in which the Center for Immigration Studies "circulated the writings of white nationalists and antisemitic writers."
tulc(thought this was interesting)

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The SPLC routinely uses the label "hate group" for ordinary Christians.
that's...not true.

Any one looking at SPLC would find they have some pretty stringent guidelines for what would constitute a hate group and they keep a documented lists of instances of such activities.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
that's...not true.

It is absolutely true.

The instant I saw the SPLC cited in the OP article I knew I was reading leftist propaganda, and nothing more.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It is absolutely true.

The instant I saw the SPLC cited in the OP article I knew I was reading leftist propaganda, and nothing more.
the OP mentions the Center for Immigration Studies specifically, the SPLC documents 2,012 published articles from the Center for Immigration Studies. Some examples:
"There's ethnic specialization in crime. And Hispanics do specialize in rape, particularly of children. They're very prone to it, compared to other groups."
"Blacks and whites are different. When blacks are left entirely to their own devices, Western civilization — any kind of civilization — disappears."
“If planning a trip to a beach or amusement park at some date, find out whether it is likely to be swamped with blacks on that date.”
“With the influx of foreigners, many of whom lack basic skills and have almost no education, Western nations have seen increasing crime rates and a total failure of the integration process. So-called refugees are committing rape and other horrific crimes against European women.”
"America was defined — almost explicitly, sometimes very explicitly — as a white nation, for white people, and what that means is that there is virtually no figure, no law, no policy, no event in the history of the old, white America that can survive the transition to the new and non-white version."

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
None of that makes SPLC a reputable organization. It does include in its list of supposed hate groups some that are undeniably fringe organizations but which hardly anyone belongs to or has even heard of (take a look at the SPLC map of the groups they have identified for your own state). Doing that makes the list look legit at first glance, but it allows for the inclusion of groups that are significant but which clearly are not hate groups.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
None of that makes SPLC a reputable organization. It does include in its list of supposed hate groups some that are undeniably fringe organizations but which hardly anyone belongs to or has even heard of
How much name recognition must a group have, in your opinion, to be considered a hate group?
(take a look at the SPLC map of the groups they have identified for your own state). Doing that makes the list look legit at first glance, but it allows for the inclusion of groups that are significant but which clearly are not hate groups.
groups like.....?

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I didn't. You apparently misunderstood the point that I did bring up.
your complain was that teh SPLC includes "supposedly" hate groups but "hardly anyone belongs to or has even heard of" and that somehow this practice lets the SPLC make false accusations against well known groups....somehow

and again what are the names of the "significant" groups you mention that are clearly not hate groups?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
your complain was that teh SPLC includes "supposedly" hate groups but "hardly anyone belongs to or has even heard of" and that somehow this practice lets the SPLC make false accusations against well known groups....somehow

You don't see why the second part of that follows from the first part, eh?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
nope.

what i do see is you avoiding listing out the "significant" groups that are clearly not hate groups
What I see is you avoiding the easy task of calling up the SPLC map of the groups they have identified and seeing for yourself what I have reported on.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What I see is you avoiding the easy task of calling up the SPLC map of the groups they have identified and seeing for yourself what I have reported on.
I'm fully aware of the map and the hate groups from my own state it notes and have been for a number of years. I am also familiar with many of those hate groups.
So what?

How does the looking at the map change what any group on the list has said or done? The documentation for each group is still there and doesn't change.

So, one more time what are the names of the "significant" groups you mention that are clearly not hate groups?

Upvote 0