Southeast Ohio
✟565,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
We used to have an empty corner on our property where I did grow tomato. The spot is taken up by a plum tree right now. I enjoy gardening but no longer have any room. My fruit tree produces good fruit though.
I had planted a plum tree at my old house. It had just begun to bare the year I sold it. I sometimes wonder if the new owners bother to pick the fruit. Or perhaps they cut the tree down. I've planted an apricot tree at my new house. It's looking rather sickly though. I've fertilized it; perhaps it will perk up this spring.

Reactions: elytron
Upvote 0

elytron

Oct 5, 2008
California
✟290,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I had planted a plum tree at my old house. It had just begun to bare the year I sold it. I sometimes wonder if the new owners bother to pick the fruit. Or perhaps they cut the tree down. I've planted an apricot tree at my new house. It's looking rather sickly though. I've fertilized it; perhaps it will perk up this spring.

We used to have an apricot tree a long time ago. Had to cut it down when it died though, then used for firewood. My Dad removed the stump then we grew tomato there for a number of years. My Mom also has a persimmon tree that produce lots of fruit.

Reactions: LoveDivine
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'd call cooking a hobby for me since my wife is the main cook in our family, but when I do it it ends up being a big production. I like to get premium ingredients (i.e. aged on the hoof retired dairy cow beef) and use time consuming methods with high payoff like cooking everything (even lettuce and other things you wouldn't think can or should be cooked) over an open flame.

For these reasons I don't do it often. I don't like making cheap crap or cooking with microwaves so economically we have to compensate by me only cooking maybe once a month.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My hobby is collecting hobby supplies.

Presently, I possess more than 80 primed canvases sized at 16x20, patiently waiting for artistic expression to grace their surfaces. My assortment of tools includes some whose purposes have completely slipped my memory and are too dangerous to operate without knowledge of them. The array of paper, pencils, yarn, beads, wires, glues, tapes, and stickers in my possession could evoke the spirit of A.C. Moore to tears. Collecting hobby supplies... Is a terrible hobby.

My goal for this year and the next is to discover a meaningful avenue for channeling these resources to foster connections among the individuals who grace my life.
:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Kale100

Jun 12, 2023
New England
✟12,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Presently, I possess more than 80 primed canvases sized at 16x20, patiently waiting for artistic expression to grace their surfaces. My assortment of tools includes some whose purposes have completely slipped my memory and are too dangerous to operate without knowledge of them. The array of paper, pencils, yarn, beads, wires, glues, tapes, and stickers in my possession could evoke the spirit of A.C. Moore to tears. Collecting hobby supplies... Is a terrible hobby.

My goal for this year and the next is to discover a meaningful avenue for channeling these resources to foster connections among the individuals who grace my life.
That sounds like a great problem to have :p If I ever run into you in real life let us paint some chickens establishing a lunar colony shall we?

• Haha
Reactions: Plenipotent
Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That sounds like a great problem to have :p If I ever run into you in real life let us paint some chickens establishing a lunar colony shall we?
Sounds like a great idea! Although I might need some guidance on painting. I'm pretty sure my attempt would end up resembling blobs stacked on blobs!

:ahah:

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟398,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican

lol i used to constantly start so many different hobbies that my friend would call me hobby man lol

• Haha
Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
lol i used to constantly start so many different hobbies that my friend would call me hobby man lol
I completely understand where you're coming from! Are you still into collecting hobbies, or have you found some that you've stuck with?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟398,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I completely understand where you're coming from! Are you still into collecting hobbies, or have you found some that you've stuck with?
honestly the only hobby worth mentioning that i do is going for walks and talking to Jesus and playing Space Engineers on my laptop

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟398,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
All very excellent hobbies!
Other than that it feels like for some reason every year around the same time I get a desire to do the same hobbies, like for example every year around May I buy a midi controller again and make music for a month and then return it on amazon, every year around august I want to play a new game on steam, every year it used to be around October I wanted to learn to pray in tongues, and then there are other hobbies like making t-shirts. I bought a telescope last year and now every now and then i want to get back into star gazing. I have a fishing rod that collects dust that I always tell myself i'm gonna use. I have a skateboard leaning up against the wall, I did use to fish and skate but now once work is done I just wanna chill

• Agree
Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Other than that it feels like for some reason every year around the same time I get a desire to do the same hobbies, like for example every year around May I buy a midi controller again and make music for a month and then return it on amazon, every year around august I want to play a new game on steam, every year it used to be around October I wanted to learn to pray in tongues, and then there are other hobbies like making t-shirts. I bought a telescope last year and now every now and then i want to get back into star gazing. I have a fishing rod that collects dust that I always tell myself i'm gonna use. I have a skateboard leaning up against the wall, I did use to fish and skate but now once work is done I just wanna chill

Oh, I can totally see that! I wonder if there's something about those specific time of year that triggers memories or feelings drawing you toward those things. :openmouth:

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟398,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, I can totally see that! I wonder if there's something about those specific time of year that triggers memories or feelings drawing you toward those things. :openmouth:
I think I’m such a person of habit that somehow every year I subconsciously am like "hey remember that one hobby? ya you should do that again"

• Haha
Upvote 0