• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Military commander removed after denouncing neo-Marxist critical race theory

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by disciple Clint, May 17, 2021.

1. Jay Sea

Jay Sea ................ Ke ĉiuj vivu

+135
    Australia
    Christian
    Private
    The military is an organisation of exploitation and dishonesty without care for their lower ranks. At least in world war 1 the leadership were honest enough to tell their new recruits that they could expect nothing but death.
    It's mission is get the job done. Just look at care that vets do not get.

In love
    Jay Sea

2. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter

+12,616
    United States
    Married
    Exactly the reason I returned to active duty. The opportunity to exploit people while accomplishing nothing yet still get a massive paycheck as opposed to the lemmings in the lower ranks with the added bonus of possibly dying for a country that doesn't care one way or the other. God! Why did I ever get out in the first place.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Ana the Ist

Ana the Ist Aggressively serene!

+7,917
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Did he?

And I said ‘all lives matter, every single one’, because I meant it. Do the lives of Black people matter? *REDACTED* yeah, the lives of Black people matter,” Napear told FOX40. “I’m for equality for all, that’s how I was raised. That’s how my dad brought up my brother and I."

That doesn't look much like antagonism. It looks like he genuinely believes all lives matter.

Callous?

“Do I make mistakes? Yeah, I make mistakes and if I make a mistake, I try to say that I’m sorry. But I’m not sorry for saying ‘all lives matter, every single one,’” he said. “I’m not sorry because I believe that every life is important. I’m not sorry because I believe in equality for all. I’m not sorry because I try to treat everyone, regardless of the color of their skin, the same."

I can't really say that I've ever seen a man affirming the humanity of all people and his desire to treat them equally as "callous".

Perhaps the problem is the house fire analogy is garbage. A handful of wrongful killings a year probably shouldn't be over dramatized by the language of catastrophe. Houses burn down after all....and ten years after this bad analogy it doesn't appear as if the house is anywhere near burning down.

Hong Kong? That's a house fire. The Uighurs? That's a tsunami. Those houses are being destroyed by oppression.

4. disciple Clint

disciple Clint Well-Known Member

+3,509
    United States
    Christian
    Private
  5. Aryeh Jay

+12,616
    United States
    Married
    Funny, I have not received my 1619 propaganda yet. Perhaps it takes a while to reach Pearl Harbor.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. *Starlight*

*Starlight* Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time

+1,362
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    Calling it "neo-Marxist" isn't really accurate. There are actual, self-described Marxist who hate the critical race theory stuff too. They see it as a way to divide the working class by encouraging racial divisions, and dividing the working class is actually anti-Marxist, because the Marxist thing to do is to unite the working class. I'm not Marxist, but this argument makes sense, considering that critical race theory and other associated ideas are typically promoted by big corporations, organizations, etc.

7. disciple Clint

+3,509
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Stand by, Lt. Col. Matthew Lohmeier said the videos were at his command.

8. disciple Clint

+3,509
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Propaganda, nothing but pure propaganda. God sees all lives as being equally valuable.

9. disciple Clint

+3,509
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    before you speak about our military you should spend some time in it so you will know the truth for yourself.

10. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+15,090
    Christian
    Married
    It's an over-the-top way of describing what's actually happening in the military.

11. RDKirk

+15,090
    Christian
    Married
    The military has not turned Marxist just because he says it has. In fact, I seriously doubt he knows what Marxism actually is.

The Chinese Red Army tried to be Marxist...really Marxist, the way Marx wrote it. They actually failed, and the Red Army is not run as a Marxist organization anymore. It doesn't work. It's not what the US military is doing now, either.

12. Ana the Ist

+7,917
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Can you enlighten us to what is being done in the military?

13. Ana the Ist

+7,917
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    The problem with Marxism in the west is that generally speaking, the standard of living is too high to foment revolution. No one is actually being oppressed.

So Neo-Marxism focuses on other things than class struggle....racial divisions, religious divisions, divisions between the sexes, etc.

14. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,136
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I looked up “1619 project.” The 1619 project seems to be an attempt to glorify black contributions to society. I suppose it is similar to Irish Americans making a big deal out of St. Patrick’s Day. I know the Italian Americans in the North End of Boston may like Columbus Day. Columbus was Italian. They have a huge festival for St. Anthony’s Day. St Anthony was Italian. Italians invented lasagna and pizza. There is a long list of contributions made by England.

My dad was a military officer. At supper he used to tell us about people in the military are not allowed to be political. After he retired he went to work for a defense contractor. They raised funds for candidates of both parties in an attempt to gain favor. Typically they favored Republicans.

15. Aryeh Jay

+12,616
    United States
    Married
    I don't think that RDKirk is still actively serving but I currently am and can tell you about what's going on in the Navy. Nothing much has changed since I left active duty in 2013. The same computers running the same windows 7, slightly changed CAC card, different uniforms, less smoking and drinking, pretty much the same ships with a few multi million aluminium thingies that they still don't know what to use them for when they work. Fewer paper manuals and more online/digital garbage, it would seem the exact same bandwidth as 10 years ago. A lot of ratings have changed names. There are no little red books, no prayers to Biden, no loyalty oath to the party (other than my oath of office, to the Constitution). No indoctrination on political correctness, no ANTIFA or BLM indoctrination. Other than the millenial sense of enlightenment among the younger people, it's the same as it was in the 2000s.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. RDKirk

+15,090
    Christian
    Married
    It is certainly not focused on increasing class struggle....racial divisions, religious divisions, divisions between the sexes.

It is explicitly focused on eliminating those elements from the military population. However, there is the peculiar thought that "if you don't talk about it, it will go away." That's ridiculous. No cancer ever went away by ignoring it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. RDKirk

+15,090
    Christian
    Married
    I knew officers who went so far to be apolitical as to refuse to vote. Certainly, I never, ever knew the political party of any officer that I ever served with. I might guess one way or another, but I never knew it by anything they said explicitly.

18. Ana the Ist

+7,917
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    How?

19. RDKirk

+15,090
    Christian
    Married
    By explicitly pointing out divisive attitudes and activities are inconducive to military cohesion. It's nothing new. The military was doing it back in the 70s.

My training instructor, Sergeant Jimmy Weeks, started us off on our first day in basic training:

"One thing we ain't gonna have in this flight is racial problems. The reason we ain't gonna have racial problems is because you ain't got no reason to have racial problems.

You're all the same color...namely green. You all got the same hair...namely none. You all got the same daddy...namely me. And you all got the same wants and desires...namely to get the @#[email protected]& out of here!"

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. Ana the Ist

+7,917
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Like?