Sep 1, 2011
The Midlands
✟1,763.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
LOL. Ah, youth.... ;)

I really think it would be beneficial for every citizen to have the right to "opt out" of the system. You could simply sign an affadavit at the courthouse that you want nothing to do with police or military thugs, and away you go, unemcumbered.

Of course, when the criminal breaks into your house in the middle of the night, shoots you in the lung, rapes your wife, and makes off with your big-screen TV, don't call 911, because the dispatcher will say, "I'm sorry, sir, but that address is listed on our non-response roster; the resident there doesn't want police interaction."

As for your military personnel comment, well, all I'll say there is that you would have fit in very well with the youth culture about 1969. You no doubt refer to service personnel as "baby-killers", I would venture.

The world changes; adolescence remains the same in every age, I guess. :D

We can have an effective police force without beating black people to a pulp.

We can have powerful armies without raping civilians and urinating on corpses.

Just because I enjoy safety from criminals and hostile foreign powers doesn't mean that I have to endorse every single thing every single one of them does.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
420533_339453459424831_233809679989210_846771_756090674_n.jpg

Oooh, devastating comeback. Completely demolished my comment by the brilliant insight and blinding analysis of your riposte. Wow, that hurt. ;)

Moving right along....

Upvote 0

Jade Margery

Stranger in a strange land
Oct 29, 2008
✟19,915.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To a story six hours old...

Afghans killed in rampage by US soldier - Central & South Asia - Al Jazeera English

Afghans killed in rampage by US soldier
Sixteen civilians including women and children shot dead in their homes

Yeah, I've heard it all before. My Lai, 1968. One company of the 1st Battalion, 20th Infantry Regiment, 11th Brigade of the 23rd Infantry Division killed 347 unarmed Vietnamese civilians, mostly women and children.

So obviously, every soldier in the entire 23rd Infantry Division should have been executed. Or better yet, the whole MACV.

After all, everybody in the entire military should be judged and sentenced by the same crimes as the worst individuals in the military.

Right? If one person in military does something heinous, then punish every member of the military. Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Christians should boycott her events, and not let their daughters attend.
Agreed.But I never hear about her doing events,don't think she seeking Chrisians.She might be done,with signing or acting.Don't get why the media's bringing attection to her,except they want her to crash and burn,so they can get raitings.Anyways!As she grows up hopefully she doesn't die of a drug overdose or what ever.Also I wonder if she talking about no God and other stuff,to make her dad mad.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why does anyone give Miley Cyrus this much credit? If her fans obey her every word they're too stupid to be phased by Cyrus boycotts or anything else.

The quote itself for what it's worth is just as credible as what's asked to be believed about Jesus. The difference being of course, we can see that stars exist and that they do die and what happens after that.

We have people hanging on the words of people and beings that almost assuredly don't even exist, so it isn't that much of a stretch to think young girls will be that impressionable.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Oooh, devastating comeback. Completely demolished my comment by the brilliant insight and blinding analysis of your riposte. Wow, that hurt. ;)

Moving right along....

It was a joke, actually, not a serious comeback :p

Right? If one person in military does something heinous, then punish every member of the military. Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out.

Well, sure, you can turn a simple statement of "the military and police are no more deserving of respect than celebrities because they do the same heinous, atrocious, immoral actions the people they are fighting do," into "every member of the military ought to be killed and screw 'em".

It just makes you look foolish, though.

Upvote 0

Wayte

Oh, you know. Some guy.
Jan 31, 2010
Silverdale, WA
✟18,059.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah, I've heard it all before. My Lai, 1968. One company of the 1st Battalion, 20th Infantry Regiment, 11th Brigade of the 23rd Infantry Division killed 347 unarmed Vietnamese civilians, mostly women and children.

So obviously, every soldier in the entire 23rd Infantry Division should have been executed. Or better yet, the whole MACV.

After all, everybody in the entire military should be judged and sentenced by the same crimes as the worst individuals in the military.

Well why nit. Its the same stance many on your side take on groups too. not sure to what extent you do it personally, but to chalk up a normal human flaw to youth is kinda silly. and a biy insulting to be honest.

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2010
✟8,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Or she could end up happy and productive like Jody Foster, Ron Howard, Melissa Gilbert, Claire Danes, Brooke Shields, Christina Ricci, etc. There is no reason to call her future self-destruction a given.

Unfortunately those are among the very few who are happy in hollywood, most arent because hollywood is dependent on an actors popularity and their image in front of other people, in other words its a very shallow and extrinsic society. If you look at hollywood you will see a society that is all about (on the whole) moral relativism. I had a chance to become a part of that culture but I couldnt stand the incredible shallowness and materialistic thinking of these people (if you could call them that).

Gossip, popularity, making money from the suffering of others and sex is what hollywood is all about.

Jesus was against all of these

Love is a foreign word to these hollywoodites.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Mar 14, 2010
✟8,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Well why nit. Its the same stance many on your side take on groups too. not sure to what extent you do it personally, but to chalk up a normal human flaw to youth is kinda silly. and a biy insulting to be honest.

Whats silly is that your trying to talk about right or wrong lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
H

HakeemSupreme

No, but the entire war on Indochina was probably one of the greater terrorist acts of the post war period.

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2010
✟8,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
No, but the entire war on Indochina was probably one of the greater terrorist acts of the post war period.

The vietnam war was brutal, no one is saying its not, but it was a war. It doesnt even compare to the deaths that came from the soviet union and communism in general in those recent 100 years, and we all know what worldview they were from:).

Few of that worldview will admit to the genocide that happened during teh soviet union where Christians and even priests were taken to prisons and tortured trying to get them to renounce Gods existence . It could be that this was the reason the west was so fearfull of communism. I dont agree with the veitnam war as I have studied it thoroughly, but I can understand the fear of the common people.

It tells me when man decideds to act as hiw own God is capable of anything in a morally relativist mindset. Absolute power corrupts absolutley.

Its not like its not gone yet. China is a great example of a communist country that is trying its hardest to suppress the amazing rise of Christianity in its country.

Upvote 0

Cromulent

Sep 1, 2011
The Midlands
✟1,763.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
The vietnam war was brutal, no one is saying its not, but it was a war. It doesnt even compare to the deaths that came from the soviet union and communism in general in those recent 100 years, and we all know what worldview they were from:).

Few of that worldview will admit to the genocide that happened during teh soviet union where Christians and even priests were taken to prisons and tortured trying to get them to renounce Gods existence . It could be that this was the reason the west was so fearfull of communism. I dont agree with the veitnam war as I have studied it thoroughly, but I can understand the fear of the common people.

It tells me when man decideds to act as hiw own God is capable of anything in a morally relativist mindset. Absolute power corrupts absolutley.

Its not like its not gone yet. China is a great example of a communist country that is trying its hardest to suppress the amazing rise of Christianity in its country.

These countries are oppressing, or have oppressed religions because they are a threat to their political power. It has nothing to do with belief in God, or lack thereof. Religious governments have been guilty of just as much evil, and we're fortunate some of them didn't have the resources Stalin did. All it goes to show is that man is capable of some quite astonishing evil, no matter where he believes he came from.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat

"Amazing rise of Christianity"? Do you have some source for this? 'Cause China is still almost completely made up of Buddhists and the non-religious.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
H

HakeemSupreme

The vietnam war was brutal, no one is saying its not, but it was a war.

A war of aggression is the greatest act of terrorism

It doesnt even compare to the deaths that came from the soviet union and communism in general in those recent 100 years, and we all know what worldview they were from:).

You're right it doesn't compare - because you can't compare all of ''communism" with individual state actions and because the USSR and China had almost nothing to do with Vietnam.

The common people of Vietnam wanted a communist run country.

China is not a communist country.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
SmellsLikeCurlyFries said:
"Amazing rise of Christianity"? Do you have some source for this? 'Cause China is still almost completely made up of Buddhists and the non-religious.

We have many successful missions in China. They are so fearful of conversion there that technically, Christian missions are against the law. We are teaching Christ through English classes. Numbers are indeed growing, and it is amazing.

Upvote 0

Cromulent

Sep 1, 2011
The Midlands
✟1,763.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
We have many successful missions in China. They are so fearful of conversion there that technically, Christian missions are against the law. We are teaching Christ through English classes. Numbers are indeed growing, and it is amazing.

All religions seem to be experiencing an upsurge in China in the wake of relaxed policies:

beijing_muslims.jpg

Upvote 0