Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Who is Gary DeMar and why is he so ignorant?

I love the comment by this genius. So specific:

"Even Darwin admits, in his famous book on "Evolution" that he found no evidence of evolution, but rather natural selection. Another study offers the fact that in all of the 18 million fossils on record, on our blue planet, NOT ONE shows any evidence of one species "morphing" or "evolving" into another. mmmmm?"

Upvote 0

Humble Pie

Veteran
Jan 25, 2012
✟10,661.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why do we get so caught up in celebrity? It's an American thing the rest of the world doesn't care much about celebrities, they're just actors on TV. Anyway these are just people like us with opinions. If Miley Cyrus doesn't believe same as me and wants to make comments in line with her own views, she has the same freedom to speak as I do.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟10,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why do we get so caught up in celebrity? It's an American thing the rest of the world doesn't care much about celebrities, they're just actors on TV. Anyway these are just people like us with opinions. If Miley Cyrus doesn't believe same as me and wants to make comments in line with her own views, she has the same freedom to speak as I do.
Are you sure? - Celebrities are celebrated nearly everywhere. In some countries, it's soccer stars, in others it is beauty queens, some have vestigial royalty - nearly all have their music stars.

Prints from the 1600s of Kabuki actors are still collected today.
images

Upvote 0

David Jerome

Feb 29, 2012
New York
✟993.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
She does better than that she talks about the wonder of our place in reality.
I am pleasently surprised and it gives me some relief to see that the younger generations rolemodels are not unthinking drones playing the easy game. Good for the young lady, lets hope she is some help to young people struggling to understand the false dilema's religeon throws up.
Miley Cyrus has also co-written a novel. So she definitely seems to like to challenge herself.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I can't believe she has fans,since she not singing or acting.I'm guessing the fans she did have,are growing up,have there own opinion,so I'm guessing they have there minds made up.Keep your kids away,because she's a bad role molel anyways,I'm talking about the drugs and penis cake.Also I've never thought she was a good singer anyways.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟275,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Miley Cyrus is not a "bad" role model, because she's never asked be a role model.

I'll agree with you here. It says something about our culture that we place these people in such high esteem, while (in too many cases) thumbing our noses at police officers and military personnel.

Just because you're a celebrity, you shouldn't be automatically thrust into that role.

Or thrust into the role of a political analyst, either.

Upvote 0

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, but they're not celebrities, so who cares?
I suppose, nobody cares. If the glamour magazines don't cover you regularly, you might as well not exist in this world. Right?

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
I'll agree with you here. It says something about our culture that we place these people in such high esteem, while (in too many cases) thumbing our noses at police officers and military personnel.

You mean police officers that often break the law just because they can and frequently are caught ruthlessly beating innocent people?

You mean military personnel that kill innocent men, women, and children, torture and humiliate possibly innocent people, and urinate on the bodies of the dead?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Because they have greater power to influence others then the average person. People who are fans of someone are inclined to listen to what they have to say. Since this impacts people around us, even those of us who don't personally care what the celebrity has to say to us, are often interested in how they influencing other people, especially when those people are children.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟275,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You mean police officers that often break the law just because they can and frequently are caught ruthlessly beating innocent people?

You mean military personnel that kill innocent men, women, and children, torture and humiliate possibly innocent people, and urinate on the bodies of the dead?

LOL. Ah, youth.... ;)

I really think it would be beneficial for every citizen to have the right to "opt out" of the system. You could simply sign an affadavit at the courthouse that you want nothing to do with police or military thugs, and away you go, unemcumbered.

Of course, when the criminal breaks into your house in the middle of the night, shoots you in the lung, rapes your wife, and makes off with your big-screen TV, don't call 911, because the dispatcher will say, "I'm sorry, sir, but that address is listed on our non-response roster; the resident there doesn't want police interaction."

As for your military personnel comment, well, all I'll say there is that you would have fit in very well with the youth culture about 1969. You no doubt refer to service personnel as "baby-killers", I would venture.

The world changes; adolescence remains the same in every age, I guess. :D

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

Or thrust into the role of a political analyst, either.

This reminds me of how recently Kelly Clarkson got in hot water over her "I love Ron Paul" tweet.

Suddenly she had "endorsed" him and then people were saying how she was racist, etc.

Good grief.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Of course, when the criminal breaks into your house in the middle of the night, shoots you in the lung, rapes your wife, and makes off with your big-screen TV, don't call 911, because the dispatcher will say, "I'm sorry, sir, but that address is listed on our non-response roster; the resident there doesn't want police interaction."

You can take what I said to any extreme you want ;) But I never said all policemen were bad. I happen to have known a few good ones. Doesn't change the fact that a disturbingly large portion are dirty, and nothing is ever done about it.

That's not what I call justice.

As for your military personnel comment, well, all I'll say there is that you would have fit in very well with the youth culture about 1969. You no doubt refer to service personnel as "baby-killers", I would venture.

Your "venture" is wrong, nor would I ever share the opinion of those radicals. I don't blame the soldiers too much for their actions. I blame their parents and their society. Obviously for the murder of innocents I blame the government, because the soldiers are just following orders. The government is the one that tells them to go out and kill the innocents they kill.

However, those that committed the urinating on the dead and the prison tortures/humiliations need to be removed from duty and punished somehow. And before you complain, even Congressman Allen West agrees with me on that one.

Upvote 0

InnerPhyre

Nov 13, 2003
✟71,967.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The commenters really trashed her. Brimming with Christian love, they are.

If you see someone walking toward a cliff, loving them isn't shrugging and saying "whatever they choose to do is fine." Neither is insulting them and calling them evil morons.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jade Margery

Stranger in a strange land
Oct 29, 2008
✟19,915.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you see someone walking toward a cliff, loving them isn't shrugging and saying "whatever they choose to do is fine." Neither is insulting them and calling them evil morons.

Actually, the preferred method in the comments seems to be a lot of smug, 'Just wait 'til she hits the bottom, she'll be sorry then' sentiments.

Upvote 0
H

HakeemSupreme

LOL. Ah, youth.... ;)

I really think it would be beneficial for every citizen to have the right to "opt out" of the system. You could simply sign an affadavit at the courthouse that you want nothing to do with police or military thugs, and away you go, unemcumbered.

The world changes; adolescence remains the same in every age, I guess. :D

Haditha killings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't let reality stand in the way of your age and experience know best rant.

Upvote 0

Incariol

Apr 22, 2011
✟7,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

"Where did the material that makes up stars come from? How did the billion year old carbon get here?"

Too bad the blog author is too uneducated to know the answer to such a basic question.

And Hoyle's analogy is moronic and not qualitatively equivalent to evolution. Every time a creationist uses that awful junkyard cliche, God kills a kitten.

Edit: That said, I do agree that the quote she tweeted or whatever was rather trollish.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

InnerPhyre

Nov 13, 2003
✟71,967.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Actually, the preferred method in the comments seems to be a lot of smug, 'Just wait 'til she hits the bottom, she'll be sorry then' sentiments.

I have found that this sort of attitude generally comes from people who are insecure about their own faith.

Upvote 0