✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
article is ridiculous:

Where did the material that makes up stars come from? How did the billion year old carbon get here?

Perhaps if they actually contributed to researching this instead of making up fairy tales we would know by now.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟275,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Miley Cyrus will end up in exactly the same shape as Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears: a drugged-out, loose-living shell of a human being, exploited by the media and eventually left as a physical, emotional, and spiritual wreck. Miley is only twenty, so she's about ten years behind the other two, but those are not the only examples we could come up with---look at Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston.

I would ship my kid off to a hovel in the Brazilian jungle before I would allow him to get involved in show business. That industry, and its accompanying lifestyle, is pure, 100% poison.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: craigerNY
Upvote 0

craigerNY

I bring nothing to the table
Feb 28, 2007
Upstate NY
✟48,788.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It's about her posting a quote from Lawrence Krauss. I don't think she explicitly said forget Jesus.

Oh, then later in the article:

“A junkyard contains all the bits and pieces of a Boeing 747, dismembered and in disarray. A whirlwind happens to blow through the yard. What is the chance that after its passage a fully assembled 747, ready to fly, will be found standing there? So small as to be negligible, even if a tornado were to blow through enough junkyards to fill the whole Universe.”

That old argument.......I stoped so I can't say if crockoducks came up or not.

Upvote 0

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The article is infinitely worse (inaccurate) than the young woman liking the quote.

Before this point, with her adult behavior, parents of tween have likely already moved past Ms. former Hanna Montana. She is so last year. :)

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Miley Cyrus will end up in exactly the same shape as Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears: a drugged-out, loose-living shell of a human being, exploited by the media and eventually left as a physical, emotional, and spiritual wreck. Miley is only twenty, so she's about ten years behind the other two, but those are not the only examples we could come up with---look at Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston.
Or she could end up happy and productive like Jody Foster, Ron Howard, Melissa Gilbert, Claire Danes, Brooke Shields, Christina Ricci, etc. There is no reason to call her future self-destruction a given.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Or she could end up happy and productive like Jody Foster, Ron Howard, Melissa Gilbert, Claire Danes, Brooke Shields, Christina Ricci, etc. There is no reason to call her future self-destruction a given.
And other childhood stars, who leave show business and then have productive, normal lives. :)

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat

Based on what, exactly? There are more examples of stars NOT having such terrible lifestyles than there are of those who do.

Upvote 0

Wayte

Oh, you know. Some guy.
Jan 31, 2010
Silverdale, WA
✟18,059.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Teenagers and early 20'ers spend this time finding their way in the world. Why should celebrities be any different?

Because, dude, she's finding the WRONG way. Obviously. I mean, obviously only the religious are worthy role models. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SithDoughnut

The Agnostic, Ignostic, Apatheistic Atheist
Jan 2, 2010
The Death Starbucks
✟18,474.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Another creation of the New Walt Disney, corrupting kids for the past 20 years.

You heard it here first: referring children to quotes by famous scientists is a result of corruption.

No wonder there's a lack of new blood in the science professions.

Upvote 0