AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And I thought no body could get lower than Trump other than Trump.

One that should remain in our minds is the appearance of a make-believe rabbi at a campaign event Mike Pence headlined in Michigan. It was, in the words of a real rabbi, Jason Miller, "an insulting political stunt."

Full piece here -->:sick:

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In Judaism. In the Trump administration it means liar.
I'm not following. Do you disagree that a Christian can be a rabbi? Isn't that religious discrimination? Or are you making another point?

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm not following. Do you disagree that a Christian can be a rabbi? Isn't that religious discrimination? Or are you making another point?
Christians don't have rabbis. Pence was lying. He's been around Trump too long or we're seeing his true self come out.

Upvote 0

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Christians don't have rabbis. Pence was lying. He's been around Trump too long or we're seeing his true self come out.
What about Jews for Jesus and Messianic Jews? They claim to be Christian, and have rabbis.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Christ was called Rabbi. So there’s that.

• Agree
Reactions: Doctor.Sphinx
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Messianic Judaism is not generally accepted among the Jewish community and it's not very respectful, in light of that, to choose a Messianic rabbi. This is the sort of thing that seems to be narcissistic pandering to evangelicals.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Messianic Judaism is not generally accepted among the Jewish community and it's not very respectful, in light of that, to choose a Messianic rabbi. This is the sort of thing that seems to be narcissistic pandering to evangelicals.

Let's be perfectly frank. They picked a guy who believes that the victims are currently in Hell.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Other Jews don't consider them to be valid. We tend to see them as Christians who have put on a Jewish coat of paint to trick people. There are letters that are out there from Evangelicals who set up the Messianic stuff in like the 1900s talking about it being a way to get Jews to become Christians. It's like a touchy area for a lot of Jewish people.

It sounds like this guy, however, was a Christian who was trained at a Christian school and not someone who was trained at any kind of Jewish institution. I kind of suspect you guys wouldn't like it if Muslims started holding stuff in churches and having all the trapping of Christianity in order to convince Christians to become Muslims.
There are also Christians who believe that true Christians are more Jewish than those who claim to be Jews but reject Christ, based on Romans 2 and other scriptures.

Just because a bunch of people believe something doesn't make it a fact, nor does it make it compulsory for others to act on these beliefs.

Upvote 0

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Let's be perfectly frank. They picked a guy who believes that the victims are currently in Hell.
If those who perished (if any did indeed perish) did not believe in Jesus for their salvation, isn't this the reality?

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
As amused as I am about the “rabbi” that was defrocked by his own organization years ago, was Pence the person who sought out this individual and invited them to the event? I am no fan of VP Pence but sometimes we go way beyond how close we can connect Kevin Bacon to something.

My daughter however is a big fan of Pence and all the good he has done for Indiana. Him leaving to become VP was one of the best things he could have done.

Upvote 0

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I think this is a discriminatory view. Just because some Jews don't recognise Messianic rabbis, doesn't mean the rest of the world can't transcend such bigotry.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.