loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mike Huckabee gets lesson on Israeli gun policy after #PrayForParkland tweet
“No Governor, Israel NEVER had such a problem,” responded Alon Pinkas, a former Consul General of Israel in New York. “We don’t worship guns, we don’t sell assault rifles to people, we don’t have a genius creation like the NRA, we don’t regard every bunch of guys a ‘well regulated militia’ and we’re pretty much done fighting the British.”
tulc(thought this was interesting) :)

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find it interesting that some ppl take a bleeding heart position on what is termed gun control in the US...but when it comes to discussing the activities of settlers on the West Bank, then suddenly gun toting teens, expectant mothers, etc. seems normal to them.
I have to be honest, I'm not sure what you're saying here could you expand it? :scratch:
likes to be clear about other peoples point before he responds) :wave:

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have to be honest, I'm not sure what you're saying here could you expand it? :scratch:
likes to be clear about other peoples point before he responds) :wave:
Stated differently: they may argue one way as regards gun control in the US, but where West Bank settlers are concerned - or anything to do with Israel - then suddenly they will take the opposite position.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
I find it interesting that some ppl take a bleeding heart position on what is termed gun control in the US...but when it comes to discussing the activities of settlers on the West Bank, then suddenly gun toting teens, expectant mothers, etc. seems normal to them.

People in Israel have to have a legitimate need for a gun to own one. Israel has common sense gun control relative to their internal security. America does not. Huckabee doesn't know what he's talking about. America stands alone among developed nations as the only country where we allow people to own military weapons for no particular reason.

• Agree
Reactions: Nige55
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
People in Israel have to have a legitimate need for a gun to own one. Israel has common sense gun control relative to their internal security. America does not. Huckabee doesn't know what he's talking about. America stands alone among developed nations as the only country where we allow people to own military weapons for no particular reason.

An interesting statistic:
chartoftheday_12943_is_it_time_to_bring_back_the_assault_weapons_ban_n.jpg

According to some of his findings which were published by the Washington Post, gun massacres fell 37 percent during the ban period and in the ten years after it lapsed in 2004, they went up an alarming 183 percent. (Is It Time To Bring Back The Assault Weapons Ban? Statista)
Notice the number of deaths before the ban and since it expired.

Upvote 0

Zatek

Mar 5, 2015
✟26,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am praying this will finally be the straw that breaks the NRA's back.
Not likely, the Florida state legislature just voted down a measure to consider a ban on assault rifles 71-36. The Parkland students had traveled there and the legislators are going to have to talk to them tomorrow. That's fine, they can handle that, as long as they don't lose their A+ rating with the NRA.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟631,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Not likely, the Florida state legislature just voted down a measure to consider a ban on assault rifles 71-36. The Parkland students had traveled there and the legislators are going to have to talk to them tomorrow. That's fine, they can handle that, as long as they don't lose their A+ rating with the NRA.
Parkland students lack the amount of "free speech" required to have the same access and influence of the NRA.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Parkland students lack the amount of "free speech" required to have the same access and influence of the NRA.
I don't know about that, right now they have a national audience. Within a week these young people piled into two buses and took their arguments to Tallahassee, the state capitol, to lobby the legislature in favor of gun control. If they hadn't done that no one would be that concerned about the Florida State Legislature. Today, it is national news. These kids are my heroes.

Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟631,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I don't know about that, right now they have a national audience. Within a week these young people piled into two buses and took their arguments to Tallahassee, the state capitol, to lobby the legislature in favor of gun control. If they hadn't done that no one would be that concerned about the Florida State Legislature. Today, it is national news. These kids are my heroes.
My reference is to the "free $peech" of big campaign contributor$ who can reasonably expect some measure of “ingratiation and acce$$. (per Justice John Roberts)” for the effort$.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My reference is to the "free $peech" of big campaign contributor$ who can reasonably expect some measure of “ingratiation and acce$$. (per Justice John Roberts)” for the effort$.
I know what your saying but those kids are exercising their free speech with a national audience watching. It's not a lack of free speech that is their obstacle, it's whether or not the Florida state Legislature is listening. As it works out they won't even consider discussing a ban on assault rifles. Everyone of those who voted against bringing the debate to the floor has an A+ rating from the NRA. They are up against a powerful gun lobby, but today they are going to confront their representatives. I am waiting to hear what the discussion is like.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
So you only care about when White kids are shot but not Hispanic or Black? Thanks for clearing that up.

You're just a racist throwing out decontextualized facts and expecting something to stick.

Upvote 0