Might the Holocaust Bring Salvation to the Jews?

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
The Vatican issued a statement a few years ago saying that it is a mystery how the Jews are saved, if they do not accept Jesus. Is it possible that because of the Holocaust, the Jewish people experienced so much pain and suffering and death, that they mysteriously shared in Jesus' suffering and death in such a powerful way, that this could be the manner in which they receive salvation?

• Useful
Reactions: DennisTate

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Vatican issued a statement a few years ago saying that it is a mystery how the Jews are saved, if they do not accept Jesus. Is it possible that because of the Holocaust, the Jewish people experienced so much pain and suffering and death, that they mysteriously shared in Jesus' suffering and death in such a powerful way, that this could be the manner in which they receive salvation?

No.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That certainly would turn the Gospel on its ear, but I am sure there are some mainstream denominations that would be happy to consider it.

But what appears to be happening--with Vatican pronouncements and otherwise--handles the problem in a slightly easier way by stipulating that almost everyone can be saved, so long as they are sincere, of course, and aren't familiar with the New Testament.

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

miggles

miggles
May 15, 2004
florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
no

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

A near death experiencer was shown something about the holocaust during his brush with death.
"I asked how God could let the Holocaust of World War II happen. We were transported to a railway station as a long train of freight cars was being unloaded of its human cargo. The guards were screaming and beating the people into submission. The people were Jewish men, women, and children. Exhausted from hunger and thirst, they were totally disoriented from the ordeal of being rounded up and sent on a long journey to an unknown destination. They believed that they were going to work camps, and that their submission to the brutality of the guards was the only way to survive.

We went to the area where the selection process was taking place and heard the guards talking about "the Angel Maker." We went to the place the guards were referring to as "the Angel Maker," which was a series of ovens. I saw piles of naked corpses being loaded into the ovens, and I began to cry. Jesus said to me, "These are the people God loves." Then he said, "Look up." Rising out of the smoke of the chimneys, I saw hundreds of people being met by thousands of angels taking them up into the sky. There was great joy in the faces of the people, and there appeared to be no trace of a memory of the horrendous suffering they had just endured. How ironic that the guards sarcastically called the ovens "the Angel Maker."

I asked how God could allow this to happen. They told me that this was not God's will. This was an abomination to God. God wants this never to happen again. This was the sacrifice of an innocent people to whom God had given the law to be an example, a light, to the rest of the world. This Holocaust was breaking God's heart. The anguish that Jesus was suffering at the slaughter of his people was too much for me to bear and I begged that we leave this place. I will never forget this: his anguish at this horror and what it represents. This was one of the low points in human history."

I asked, Why does God let things like this happen? They told me that God was very unhappy with the course of human history and was going to intervene to change the world. God had watched us sink to depths of depravity and cruelty at the very time that he was giving us the instruments to make the world a godlier world. God had intervened in the world many times before, but this time God was going to change the course of human events." (Howard Storm, My Descent Into Death, page 42,43)

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Why would the Vatican talk like that knowing their own past with the Ustase?
The Holocaust hypothesis is one that came to me and not from the Vatican. I raised it as food for thought, especially in light of the Vatican's statement which strongly implies that Jews will be saved, even if they do not accept Jesus.

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
What is the context of this statement by the Vatican, anyway? How are non-Christian Jews any different from any other non-Christian?
I believe that the context of the Vatican statement was part of a discussion of relations between Catholics and Jews.

Upvote 0

Scann

Oct 10, 2019
south east asia
✟17,164.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The Holocaust hypothesis is one that came to me and not from the Vatican. I raised it as food for thought, especially in light of the Vatican's statement which strongly implies that Jews will be saved, even if they do not accept Jesus.
My mistake.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
A near death experiencer was shown something about the holocaust during his brush with death.
They told me that God was very unhappy with the course of human history and was going to intervene to change the world. God had watched us sink to depths of depravity and cruelty at the very time that he was giving us the instruments to make the world a godlier world. God had intervened in the world many times before, but this time God was going to change the course of human events."

It didn't change though, did it?

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Why would future generations who were not alive during the Holocaust be saved this way?

• Useful
Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Arniesaxon

Oct 11, 2019
Missouri
✟15,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Short answer, Scripturally no.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It didn't change though, did it?

I do believe that an Awakening is happening that will shift everything within a number of decades.

I am of the belief that by the year 2185 the predictions of Isaiah about how the world will be different will have came to pass.

Isa 11:6 "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them."

Former Skeptic Howard Storm was shown that happening as well during his near death experience.

The image of the future that they gave me then, and it was their image, not one that I created, surprised me. My image had previously been sort of like Star Wars, where everything was space age, plastics, and technology.

The future that they showed me was almost no technology at all. What everybody, absolutely everybody, in this euphoric future spent most of their time doing was raising children. The chief concern of people was children, and everybody considered children to be the most precious commodity in the world.

And when a person became an adult, there was no sense of anxiety, nor hatred, nor competition.

There was this enormous sense of trust and mutual respect. If a person, in this view of the future, became disturbed, then the community of people all cared about the disturbed person falling away from the harmony of the group. Spiritually, through prayer and love, the others would elevate the afflicted person.

What people did with the rest of their time was that they gardened, with almost no physical effort. They showed me that plants, with prayer, would produce huge fruits and vegetables.

People, in unison, could control the climate of the planet through prayer. Everybody would work with mutual trust and the people would call the rain, when needed, and the sun to shine.

Animals lived with people, in harmony." (near-death .com, Howrd Storm)

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate

This is only my own view, but in Romans 11 it says that the Jews have been partially blinded by God UNTIL the "fullness of the Gentiles come into (the Church)". Then (the blindfold is lifted) and all national Israel will be saved. I believe this is the last seven years before the second coming. It seems that God in His foreknowledge knows when the Antichrist will be revealed, and at that time, all Gentiles that have not already accepted Christ will receive a strong delusion from God to accept the Antichrist. 2 Thessalonians 2:8-12.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I do believe that an Awakening is happening that will shift everything within a number of decades.

I am of the belief that by the year 2185 the predictions of Isaiah about how the world will be different will have came to pass.
Maybe you will be proved right about that, but for me, there are too many variations on that theme built into the same predictions, not to mention the idea of making Howard Storm (!) the prognosticator who supposedly has the answers.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Maybe you will be proved right about that, but for me, there are too many variations on that theme built into the same predictions, not to mention the idea of making Howard Storm (!) the prognosticator who supposedly has the answers.

But Howard admits that he had zero answers at the time of his brush with death
and was graciously given answers by an Intelligence beyond his ability to begin to
comprehend..... which again sure reminds me of 2 Corinthians 12
2-4

Upvote 0