Zechariah 4:6
Nov 30, 2008
Pennsylvania
✟19,068.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
Hello, I thought this article would be of interest here - Middle East Christians keep a wary eye on Arab Spring

Here is a portion of it -
The Arab Spring uprisings that toppled secular dictatorships have unleashed long-suppressed freedoms that have allowed Islamic parties to gain a share of political power they have been denied for decades. Their rise is creating near-panic among ancient Christian communities that dot the Muslim world and predate Islam by centuries.

In Tunisia, where the regime of President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali was ousted last year after 32 years in power, the dominant political party, Ennahda, has worried some of Tunis' 22,000 Catholics by vowing to tilt the country's yet-to-be-written constitution toward Shariah, or Islamic law.

Yoder777

Senior Veteran
Nov 11, 2010
✟22,581.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Was the Arab Spring good or bad for the rights of Orthodox Christians? I was happy when Copts and Muslims demonstrated together in Egypt, but now it seems that the new government of Egypt will oppress Christians. During the initial protests, I shed tears in solidarity to them and hoped for the best. I still hope and pray for the best. I think there is still reason to be happy and hopeful about the future of the Christian faith in the middle east.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

vindex

Mar 5, 2012
Europe
✟7,825.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Is that going to happen in Egypt any time soon?

I think our Coptic friends can answer this question. Armenians in Nagorno Karabakh did it and now have freedom. Yes, they payed high price for that, but future generations with God's help will live in peace in their motherland.

Upvote 0

vindex

Mar 5, 2012
Europe
✟7,825.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The Copts are about 16 % of the population , violence is not a solution

In 1989 there were 390 505 Armenians vs 5 804 980 Azeri Turks in Azerbijan. Armenians won outnumbered and outgunned Azeri army, and liberated almost all Karabakh. "If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Rom.8:32)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums