home
✟28,526.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The new Health Care Bill, H.R. 3200, just passed by Congress has within it the requirement that all people thereunder shall be microchiped. The plans for this microchipping has been in the hooper going back to December of 2004.
On page 1001 is “Subtitle C – National Medical Device Registry” which states,

“The Secretary shall establish a national medical device registry (in this subsection referred to as the ‘registry’) to facilitate analysis of postmarket safety and outcomes data on each device that … is or has been used in or on a patient…”

Microchipping To Begin In 36 Months Under New Health Bill - Fighting for Liberty

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, the fact that they didn't even bother to check and see if the bill number was correct (the bill number is H.R. 3962, not H.R. 3200) doesn't exactly instill a lot of confidence in me that any of the other information is accurate.

:cool:

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Well, the fact that they didn't even bother to check and see if the bill number was correct (the bill number is H.R. 3962, not H.R. 3200) doesn't exactly instill a lot of confidence in me that any of the other information is accurate.

So is this in HR 3962?

"Buried deep within the over 1,000 pages of the massive US Health Care Bill (PDF) in a “non-discussed” section titled: Subtitle C-11 Sec. 2521— National Medical Device Registry, and which states its purpose as:
“The Secretary shall establish a national medical device registry (in this subsection referred to as the ‘registry’) to facilitate analysis of postmarket safety and outcomes data on each device that—‘‘(A) is or has been used in or on a patient; and ‘‘(B) is a class III device; or ‘‘(ii) a class II device that is implantable.”

bugkiller
927154.gif

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am not a doctor or a lawyer, but this seems to be saying that a national registry will be created for devices that are "life supporting" or "life sustaining" (Page 1,502, Line 17) to determine their "safety or effectiveness" (Page 1,502, Lines 22-23).

It is referring to "Class III" (Page 1,502, Line 14) and "Class II" (Page 1,502, Line 16) medical devices. Not having any idea what that is, I Googled it and found this;
Devices in this class [Class II] are typically non-invasive and include x-ray machines, PACS, powered wheelchairs, infusion pumps, surgical drapes, surgical needles and suture material,acupuncture needles.

Examples of Class III devices which require a premarket approval include replacement heart valves, silicone gel-filled breast implants, implanted cerebral stimulators, implantable pacemaker pulse generators and endosseous (intra-bone) implants (with the exception of root-form endosseous dental implants which were recently reclassified as Class II).

Source: Medical device - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I know Wikipedia isn't always the most reliable source, so you can verify the above information at the FDA's own website here;
Device Classification

In short, this doesn't seem to support the idea of "microchipping", but rather expanding the already existing medical device classification database, which can be found here;
Product Classification

Upvote 0

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Dont know about anyone else however I would want to know if a particular medical device such as an articical joint, valves etc had caused problems in other people.

The portion of the bill in question does not deal with micochipping humans, it deals with expanding the pre-exisiting medical database of inplantable surgical/medical devices

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums