• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Micro to Macro

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by Darkness27, Jul 10, 2009.

1. AV1611VET

AV1611VET SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE Supporter

+40,105
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Oh, riiiiight.

I can't even count in a counting thread all by myself w/o one of you guys showing up and calling me a 'counting wh___', or placing tags on it about mental capacity.

2. MoonLancer

MoonLancer The Moon is a reflection of the MorningStar

+151
    Buddhist
    In Relationship
    av you should look at more then just a single notation in a single source of the definition of a word. I find answers.com bends over for creationists, where a more respected dictionary would not.

3. AV1611VET

+40,105
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    LOL --- gotta love your choice of words --- at least you're honest.

Or was that a Freudian Slip?

4. MoonLancer

+151
    Buddhist
    In Relationship
    maybe that's because you fallaciously brag about your post count as if it gives you entitlement to ignore other peoples ideas and opinions, or that it somehow your views are superior because of post count. I bet if you didn't do that people would not mock you so. You are sowing the seeds to your own misfortune.

5. AV1611VET

+40,105
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Either that, or I don't.

6. Split Rock

Split Rock Conflation of Blathers

+626
    Agnostic
    Single
    Oh yes.. you do. In particular you call others "newbies" and tell them not to critisize you until their post-count is greater.

7. Alunyel

Alunyel Guest

+0
    Any perfect shape is only possible mathematically, but not physically. It's literally impossible to have a perfect physical shape, because even on the smallest level, there would always be imperfections.

To guess these perfect dimensions, using a bit of string, your hand and your arm, with any kind of accuracy is laughable.

Av, still waiting, what "kind" are Archeopteryx and Microraptor?

8. Skaloop

Skaloop Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion

+824
    Atheist
    Married
    CA-NDP
    Then that. I've seen it with my own eyes on more than one occasion. You've done similar things regarding your rep count as well. And I notice you are sure to announce for all to see when you do rep someone.

But hey, your perogative. But to get on topic, you started with 10 rep points, right? So getting to the 2 quadrillion or whatever you have at this moment, was that micro-reputation, or macro-reputation?

9. Hespera

Hespera Junior Member

+179
    Buddhist
    Private

Now, THAT cant be, it would be doing unto others as one wouldnt want for himself...and.....

" this will almost insure I won't: [​IMG]."

10. Hespera

Hespera Junior Member

+179
    Buddhist
    Private

I know that, but it sank a thread in physical science when someone else could not reconcile it with their biblical literalism.

11. AV1611VET

+40,105
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Could you be a little more specific?

I tell them not to come on here saying stuff like, "You never [this]", or "You never [that]", or "You always [this]", or "You always [that]" when they don't know me from Adam.

Even you seasoned people falsely accuse me of stuff.

QV the latter half of this post: 132, which started out here: 167.

If I wanted to brag, my blessings are one decimal place higher than my post count, and my reps are 10 decimal places higher.

12. AV1611VET

+40,105
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I don't know.

13. MoonLancer

+151
    Buddhist
    In Relationship
    LOL

14. Naraoia

Naraoia Apprentice Biologist

+293
    Atheist
    Single
    I officially declare your exchange with AV f***ing hilarious.

Using your brain without looking at the evidence can lead you to fancy ideas and even logically valid conclusions, but it's a lousy way of discovering truth.

What you're asking people to do here is like asking them to figure out how homing pigeons find their way home or how galaxies form without looking at the evidence. In other words, absurd.

You must be using a definition of "evidence" I haven't heard of. The evidence points where it does; wrong conclusions come from the people dealing with it.

15. Naraoia

Naraoia Apprentice Biologist

+293
    Atheist
    Single
    Word. :thumbsup:

Do the "names" actually exist outside dolphins? I've only ever heard them mentioned in connection with dolphins (and usually bottlenose dolphins). :scratch:

OR a fly, for that matter...

Not to mention elephant shrews or silverfish.

That's a Microraptor with dislocated hips. AFAIK, they couldn't splay their legs like that.

This one's probably more accurate, at least as far as legs go.

16. Alunyel

Alunyel Guest

+0
    Ooooh, that's a good picture.

The picture I posted wasn't exactly the most accurate, anyway, not only was it doing the splits, but its legs were way too curved.

It still shows the general form of Microraptor, with feathered wings and a very lizard-like head, tail etc, which is all I really needed it for. Plus it was the clearest picture on the first page when I google image searched it.

When you consider how similar it is to modern day birds, and still very similar to ancient theropod dinosaurs, it makes putting the very mammalian bats in the same "kind" as birds seem even more primitive, and even more absurd.

17. Split Rock

Split Rock Conflation of Blathers

+626
    Agnostic
    Single
    Ha! I have more friends than you!! :p

18. Hespera

Hespera Junior Member

+179
    Buddhist
    Private
    And I am smarter and better looking. For sure better looking.

19. theFijian

theFijian Well-Known Member Supporter

+447
    Calvinist
    Married
    You left out 'playing the martyr'