Michigan High Schools

Brian84

Aug 2, 2004
✟112.00
Faith
Christian
Cright said:
Madison High School in Madison Heights! Ugh!

Since I left, they have built an auditorium, refinished the gym, replaced the track and built dugouts on the baseball and softball diamonds, retiled the floors throughout the whole place and replaced all the windows. Repainted and updated the cafeteria!

Funny thing is they are still using the same books I did.. that my older sisters did.. that were15 yrs old when they used them! Hmmm

Maybe they need to get priorities re-organized. Found out they were paying the superintendent of the distract 100k more than any other district in the state too. He quit on the terms that the school board would quit investigating him, after they found out he had a fake PhD. Now they can hire someone at a normal wage and buy some books!

Anyway.. I'll quit my rant here.. I went to Madison.. left, and now it's very pretty!

Carina
Hey I graduated from there too :wave: Class of 03'

The auditorium they created is small... supposedly they ran out of money before they could make it how it was suppose to be so they just added the wall and left it :sigh:.

Yeah that thing with Johnson was unbelievable... I guess he bought his doctorate or something... anyway nice meeting someone from MHS too! School/City is so small I didn't think anyone would even know what Madison was :scratch:. Oh and the school is suppose to be one million dollars in debt and the attorney investigating Johnson was going to do it for free (because of the debt) but the school still wanted to pay him... not a good school district.

Upvote 0

Glenn316

The Midnight Shift
Feb 14, 2003
S.E. Michigan
Visit site
✟7,987.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
missju said:
Pioneer High School in Ann Arbor, baby! okay but i graduated like... 3 years ago. but whatever.
Hello cross town rival! :p
I graduated from Huron High in Ann Arbor, but way before you were born :cool:

Upvote 0

Johnna

Jun 18, 2004
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟195.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Politics
US-Republican
Today I went to my High School orientation. Berkley High isn't big compared to other high schools... but compared to my itty-bitty self and my mind being used to Anderson Middle School... its HUGE! I got my schedual today.
jcright- I couldn't find the wall that had a hallway painted on it... I don't think it's there anymore.
I got to meet the new principle, Mr. Lopez... he seems pretty good... I don't have any problems with him... yet... lol
I'm one of the lucky ones with no locker partner... a few of my friends got assigned locker partners... they aren't happy campers o.o... I got my locker right where I wanted it... right next to the media center. It's not that I really like the media center... I just like the fact that the colors of the hallway there are blue and black and that it looks spiffy... :p
~Johnna~

Upvote 0

pillarrocks24

Metal Head/Headbanger
Jul 23, 2003
Detriot
Visit site
✟16,243.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Rorschach said:
I graduted from Sterling Heights High School. Course, I graduate AFTER they remodel the school and make it look better -_-
Hey South played you guys a week ago. You won, but we out hit you guys.....ahh i love football........

Upvote 0

Cright

Veteran
Apr 18, 2004
SE Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟17,849.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Brian84 said:
Hey I graduated from there too :wave: Class of 03'

The auditorium they created is small... supposedly they ran out of money before they could make it how it was suppose to be so they just added the wall and left it :sigh:.

Yeah that thing with Johnson was unbelievable... I guess he bought his doctorate or something... anyway nice meeting someone from MHS too! School/City is so small I didn't think anyone would even know what Madison was :scratch:. Oh and the school is suppose to be one million dollars in debt and the attorney investigating Johnson was going to do it for free (because of the debt) but the school still wanted to pay him... not a good school district.
Hi brian :wave:

is amazing to have anothe MHS graduate here! LOL
Did you ever had Mrs. Joseph as a teacher? She's my aunt! haha
Are you in school now? How's the "real world" as they call it, treating you?

Sorry for my extreamly delayed responce!

Carina

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Johnna

Jun 18, 2004
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟195.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Politics
US-Republican
I go to Berkley High School right now... in fact, I'm there right now o_o I just finished up a project in the Innovation Center and now I have some free time o.o
I used to think Berkley High was HUGE... but now I've noticed... it's itty bitty compared to schools like Troy and Athens High... where I WOULD have gone if I hadn't moved here. At times a small school is a good thing... but at other times, it gets a bit crowded. I love my school though... it's so much better than my middle school, though I did love Anderson. Open lunch... rocks. I may walk up to Taco Bell this week...
Our mascot is the bear... and if you think about it... I've kinda been degraded... lol. I went from a beautiful stallion... to a man with a pointy hat... to a big harry bear. Oh well... ^^; Berkley High rocks... and people can't pry me away from it for as long as I'm alive o_o
~Johnna~

Upvote 0

JellybeanCat

Dec 22, 2004
Michigan
✟150.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
redwing030 said:
I graduated from Meridian High School (I'd be SOOO surprised if anyone's heard of it since it's so small) and my husband graduated from H.H. Dow High School (a much larger school).
Well, I guess I might be the only person here who has not only HEARD of Sanford-Meridian (where they can't even pronounce the word "Meridian" correctly), but they were ***gasp*** our archrivals when I was in HS. Go Beavers!:kiss:

But making it even worse, you have imparted the name of the heinous villains from the west side of Midland.

Now repeat after me...GO CHEMICS!!!:amen: :amen: :amen: :amen:

While we're at it, can someone explain why those poor kids from Dow HS can't even get their own football stadium??? Seriously, with all the money in this town, and the fact that the school is named after the man who put Midland on the map, why in the world do they have to come steal our stadium for every other game???

Upvote 0