Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I watched the Michigan canvassers meeting this afternoon and watched the vote. I haven't seen a news article on it yet. The public is still calling in live to the meeting and speaking to the board.

EDIT: Michigan Certifies Joe Biden's Election Victory

Last edited:

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hooray!

Congratulations to Biden for winning the election for the 17th time!

Clearly Trump will end his embarrassing attempts to overturn the election now! /s
We will shortly see the shift from cries about the media not being able to call the election to states not being able to call their elections.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
We will shortly see the shift from cries about the media not being able to call the election to states not being able to call their elections.

Clearly the states are the enemy of the American people...

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I googled looking for the certification news several times.

We never watched for election certification or worried about this mundane process before. But we're living in a nightmare caused by you know who!

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Clearly the states are the enemy of the American people...
Depending on how they voted, clearly the American people are the enemy of the American people.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
A key statement from the GOP canvasser that voted to certify is here:

Michigan board certifies Nov. 3 election, cementing Biden victory

....But Van Langevelde said he had reviewed state law and the board was simply required to canvass the county returns and determine the results.

"I've reviewed every section. I haven't found anything about an audit," Van Langevelde said. "I found nothing about authority for us to delay certification because we're waiting for more accurate results. I found nothing about making certification contingent on an audit. I found nothing that gives us the authority to review complaints for fraud.

"I mean, I think, the law is pretty clear here."​

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
A key statement from the GOP canvasser that voted to certify is here:

Michigan board certifies Nov. 3 election, cementing Biden victory

....But Van Langevelde said he had reviewed state law and the board was simply required to canvass the county returns and determine the results.

"I've reviewed every section. I haven't found anything about an audit," Van Langevelde said. "I found nothing about authority for us to delay certification because we're waiting for more accurate results. I found nothing about making certification contingent on an audit. I found nothing that gives us the authority to review complaints for fraud.

"I mean, I think, the law is pretty clear here."​

Any Republican who puts the law over Donald is clearly looking to be labeled a traitor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Any Republican who puts the law over Donald is clearly looking to be labeled a traitor.
I hope this is untrue. I hope Republicans return to their pre-Trump policies, and that those who show a love for democracy and freedom will be the backbone of the post-Trump party.

Van-Langevelde, the Republican member of the Michigan Certification Board said:

"We have a clear legal duty to certify the results of the election, as shown by the returns that were given to us. We cannot and should not go beyond that. As John Adams once said, 'We are a government of laws, not men.' This board needs to adhere to that principle and do its part to uphold the rule of law here today. This board must uphold the law and comply with our legal duty to certify this election."

Unfortunately, Shinkle, the other Republican member, refused to certify.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I hope this is untrue. I hope Republicans return to their pre-Trump policies, and that those who show a love for democracy and freedom will be the backbone of the post-Trump party.

That, I'm afraid, is a fantasy. If the GOP was going to renounce Donald, they would've done it en masse when the election results were called, treating it like any other defeat.

Instead, they encouraged and enabled his "election fraud" fantasies, demonstrating their willingness to undermine public confidence in the democratic process in order to help him hold on to his power... which they mistakenly believe is the source of their own.

Van-Langevelde, the Republican member of the Michigan Certification Board said:

"We have a clear legal duty to certify the results of the election, as shown by the returns that were given to us. We cannot and should not go beyond that. As John Adams once said, 'We are a government of laws, not men.' This board needs to adhere to that principle and do its part to uphold the rule of law here today. This board must uphold the law and comply with our legal duty to certify this election."

A noble sentiment... but one which will cause him to run afoul of The Party.

Unfortunately, Shinkle, the other Republican member, refused to certify.

And there's your answer. Shinkle, not Van-Langevelde, is the direction The Party is going in.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,692.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That, I'm afraid, is a fantasy. If the GOP was going to renounce Donald, they would've done it en masse when the election results were called, treating it like any other defeat.

Or during the 2016 primaries, or after the Mueller Report, or after the Senate Report on Russian Interference in the election, or when he was impeached, etc, etc, etc. Nope, the GOP is now the Trump party, all in, 100%, full stop. They made their choice and are now stuck being the party of a 1 term soon to be ex-president. Hopefully nothing bad comes from that for them.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Or during the 2016 primaries, or after the Mueller Report, or after the Senate Report on Russian Interference in the election, or when he was impeached, etc, etc, etc. Nope, the GOP is now the Trump party, all in, 100%, full stop. They made their choice and are now stuck being the party of a 1 term soon to be ex-president. Hopefully nothing bad comes from that for them.

"Hopefully"? I think not. There's no "hope" in the GOP. Fear of the other is their ticket to power, and they care about little else.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi TLK,

Sadly, that's exactly what's happened to Mr. Van Langevelde. There are reports that he and his family have been put under extra security. Already, many in the Michigan GOP have called for him to be stripped of all of his political duties and his position. All for adhering to the law. I found it humorous that
one of the legislators that was invited to the WH on Monday, quipped that it may be a long time before there's a Republican in the WH again. Personally, their position of fealty for Trump, over truth or concern for the law, would make that a hopeful future outcome for me.

God bless,
ted

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Hi TLK,

Sadly, that's exactly what's happened to Mr. Van Langevelde. There are reports that he and his family have been put under extra security. Already, many in the Michigan GOP have called for him to be stripped of all of his political duties and his position. All for adhering to the law. I found it humorous that
one of the legislators that was invited to the WH on Monday, quipped that it may be a long time before there's a Republican in the WH again. Personally, their position of fealty for Trump, over truth or concern for the law, would make that a hopeful future outcome for me.

God bless,
ted

I wouldn't count the GOP out just yet... in the last election, they gained seats in the House, and may actually manage to hold on to to Senate -- assuming Donald's devoted don't deliberately sabotage the Georgia runoffs: GOP Infighting Endangers Party's Chances In Georgia's Runoff Elections

This would indicate to me that the Republican Party is still a viable force, and that its followers are smart enough to see that, having ejected its biggest liability: Donald himself.

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟605,594.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi TLK,

God bless,
ted

Funny how the part of Law & Order respect neither.

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟605,594.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Instead, they encouraged and enabled his "election fraud" fantasies, demonstrating their willingness to undermine public confidence in the democratic process in order to help him hold on to his power... which they mistakenly believe is the source of their own.

A noble sentiment... but one which will cause him to run afoul of The Party.

And there's your answer. Shinkle, not Van-Langevelde, is the direction The Party is going in.

It's still not over. They are going to PA today to continue the farce. You can't get donations to fight your legal battles if you admit it's over.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0