• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michael Glatze: Evangelical Christianity, Dispensationalism and the Rapture are heresies

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by Emanuel333221, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Emanuel333221

Emanuel333221 New Member

+4
    Christian
    Single
    In case you haven't seen or heard of the movie I Am Michael starring James Franco, Michael Glatze was a gay activist who, after a health scare, turned to God, gradually became anti-gay, became a pastor and married a woman.

Now it seems he has renounced AND denounced all forms of protestant Christianity as much as he did his former sexuality:

glatzerapture1.JPG glatzerapture2.JPG glatzerapture3.JPG glatzerapture4.JPG glatzerapture5.JPG glatzerapture6.JPG glatzerapture7.JPG glatzerapture8.JPG glatzerapture9.JPG glatzerapture10.JPG

2. Emanuel333221

Emanuel333221 New Member

+4
    Christian
    Single
    (Continued...)

glatzerapture11.JPG glatzerapture12.JPG
    glatzereformation.JPG

Also, in these blog articles (see them on desktop mode), he further rejects evangelicalism and declares the Christian church is the New Israel and NOT the Jewish state as many evangelicals believe.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  3. St_Worm2

St_Worm2 Senior Member Supporter

+28,554
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican

4. redleghunter

redleghunter Abide Boldly! Supporter

+12,989
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    A bit confused. What does the FB narrative of a film producer have to do with the religious convictions of Michael Glatze? These are two different Michaels.

The FB rant is from a Producer Michael Elliott.

Glatze is still Christian and has not denounced Christianity:

A Gay Activist's Journey To Christian Fundamentalism: 'I Am Michael'

A-List Actors Portray Remarkable Story of Ex-Homosexual Who 'Found God'

I must conclude your title is false. Hopefully it was an oversight and can still be corrected. Mr. Glatze may just find this piece as slander.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. redleghunter

+12,989
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    The rant is by Michael Elliott not Glantze. I could not find one quote or article from or on Glantze renouncing Christianity for another religion.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. St_Worm2

+28,554
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    That article wasn't written by Glatze? Wow, I'll take my post down since my comments above were based largely upon that.

Thanks RLH :)

7. redleghunter

+12,989
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    The piece was written by a Michael Elliott. Just some regular "Joe" ranting on FB. Unless the OP can show us a connection, this is a false article.

8. St_Worm2

+28,554
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Wonderful :doh:

9. Emanuel333221

Emanuel333221 New Member

+4
    Christian
    Single
    This review is proof that Michael Glatze and Michael Elliott are one and the same (by the way, his full name is Michael Elliott Glatze):

Elliott Candle: Why I Love "I Am Michael"

He reviews his own movie, praising it and talking about his life's experiences.

Besides, don't you find it a bit too coincidental that both Michaels have a wife named Rebekah and used to pastor a church in Wyoming?

10. Emanuel333221

Emanuel333221 New Member

+4
    Christian
    Single
    No, he REALLY is Glatze. He just removed his last name and is using his middle name as his surname. Google "Michael Elliott Glatze."

11. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,281
    Christian
    Single
    I'm way too easily confused. :(

12. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Well-Known Member

+3,050
    United States
    Lutheran
    Private
    I didn't even know who he was, I had to google his name.

It could really be him, posting under an alias.

In the past he has apologized about hurting people in the LGBT community, so I think it is possible he is no longer as attached to his particular religious identity.

13. redleghunter

+12,989
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    You really don't have another source to confirm this?

I'm sure if he converted to Catholicism it would be front page news.

14. FireDragon76

+3,050
    United States
    Lutheran
    Private
    He may not have actually converted. He may be just attending services there, and be somewhat sympathetic. You don't actually have to be Roman Catholic to go to their services.

15. redleghunter

+12,989
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Yes but the reasoning given was rapture theories.

I find it hard to believe if someone this focal in being deemed ex-gay, married and then becomes Catholic, the coming home Catholic site would make this news page 1. They did with Scott Hahn.

16. FireDragon76

+3,050
    United States
    Lutheran
    Private
    I could see a lot of Roman Catholic ministries approaching this very cautiously, especially if he is only sympathetic at this point.

17. Emanuel333221

Emanuel333221 New Member

+4
    Christian
    Single
    After all, he's been into atheism/agnosticism, born-again Christianity, queer theology, Mormonism, Buddhism, conservative Christianity, Buddhism (again), Presbyterianism, non-denominational Christianity, and now seemingly Catholicism. And every single time he attacks the group he previously belonged to.

18. FireDragon76

+3,050
    United States
    Lutheran
    Private
    I don't see respectable Catholics wanting to court controversy by making Glatze a "poster boy". Having known a few gay Catholics over the years, even one who was very much a conservative in matters of personal obedience, I know that the Church's attitude is far more nuanced on this issue than what many Evangelical Protestants would acknowledge. The Roman Catholic Church does not challenge legitimate scientific findings concerning homosexuality, and the official apostolate or ministry to those with same-sex attraction in North America does not necessarily endorse the notion of an "ex-gay" identity.

19. Emanuel333221

Emanuel333221 New Member

+4
    Christian
    Single
    I got the following message from someone named James Hartline:

20. redleghunter

+12,989
    United States
    Christian
    Married