Miami Police Officer Is Suspended After Kicking Handcuffed Man in Head

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Miami Police Officer Is Suspended After Kicking Handcuffed Man in Head
A bystander took video of Mario Figueroa, a Miami police officer, kicking David Vladim Suazo, a car theft suspect, in the head. Credit via Facebook
The suspect in a car theft was already face down on the ground and motionless. A Miami police officer had him handcuffed.

Then, as seen in a video recorded by a witness on Thursday morning, another officer came running toward the suspect, David Vladim Suazo, kicking him in the head before joining the other officer in pinning him to the ground. It seemed to many on Facebook to be an entirely unnecessary use of force, as the man showed no resistance to the arrest.

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The police spotted Mr. Suazo in a stolen 2000 Jeep Cherokee, and when an officer turned on a siren and ordered him to stop, Mr. Suazo sped away through a residential complex, according to the police report. He lost control at a dead end, jumping a sidewalk and crashing into a wall before fleeing on foot.

The police shouted at Mr. Suazo to get on the ground, and the police report said he took “a fighting stance” and swore at Mr. Figueroa, who unsuccessfully fired his Taser at him. The chase ended when another officer caught up to Mr. Suazo and pointed his Taser at him before taking him into custody.

Mr. Figueroa and three other officers were wearing body cameras, but the footage from them was not immediately available.

Wow. That's really something. The speed limit in my neighborhood is 25, but I top out at 20. I want my neighborhood to be safe and walkable. You'd be surprised what a car can do to a body at 25mph, much less speeding to the point of losing control. That could kill someone, easily. So yes, police officer technically abused him. No, I don't feel sorry for him.

Upvote 0