Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Close the border, and prevent any goods flowing across, and flood the tunnels they use to sneak in illegals, and drugs. put a 10% fee on money people here send back to Mexico, it time to economically punish the bad hombres to the south.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
time to economically punish the bad hombres to the south.
...as well as the millions of Americans makeing their living from the $525 million in trade with them. Punish 'em!

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Close the border, and prevent any goods flowing across, and flood the tunnels they use to sneak in illegals, and drugs. put a 10% fee on money people here send back to Mexico, it time to economically punish the bad hombres to the south.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Close the border.
We are a free country, you want us to be East Berlin?

prevent any goods flowing across.
We do hundreds of billions in Trade with Mexico. Tens of thousands of US jobs are dependant on that trade. If that trade were to suddenly cease it would throw us into a recession and make us MORE vulnerable to other countries we trade with.

and flood the tunnels they use to sneak in illegals, and drugs..

ummmm.... we do'nt know where those tunnels are. This is an emotional "you show em" rant. If we knew where the tunnels are, we could simply just arrest them. I don't know if you know this, but there are thousands of miles of border and tunnels spring up every week. So yeah, the tunnels are kinda hard to find

...put a 10% fee on money people here send back to Mexico, it time to economically punish the bad hombres to the south.

So, as a law abiding citizen I get punished for sending money to people in Mexico simply because you are butt hurt that Mexico is rightfully retaliating against the US.

It disturbs me that you refer to Mexico as "the bad hombres to the south".

I know being a Trumper it is probably painful for you to look at facts and data but try to brace yourself and look at this

forbes-chart-12.jpg

I know it feels good to reduce the complex problems of international trade down to simplistic grade school like situations. But the real world between State Actors is a little bit more complex than that.

THen there is the simple matter that our President has made horrifically bad political mistakes in their treatment of Mexico. He has put the Mexican politicians in a situation where they "must" retaliate against the US.

Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We are a free country, you want us to be East Berlin?

We do hundreds of billions in Trade with Mexico. Tens of thousands of US jobs are dependant on that trade. If that trade were to suddenly cease it would throw us into a recession and make us MORE vulnerable to other countries we trade with.

ummmm.... we do'nt know where those tunnels are. This is an emotional "you show em" rant. If we knew where the tunnels are, we could simply just arrest them. I don't know if you know this, but there are thousands of miles of border and tunnels spring up every week. So yeah, the tunnels are kinda hard to find

So, as a law abiding citizen I get punished for sending money to people in Mexico simply because you are butt hurt that Mexico is rightfully retaliating against the US.

It disturbs me that you refer to Mexico as "the bad hombres to the south".

I know being a Trumper it is probably painful for you to look at facts and data but try to brace yourself and look at this

forbes-chart-12.jpg

I know it feels good to reduce the complex problems of international trade down to simplistic grade school like situations. But the real world between State Actors is a little bit more complex than that.

THen there is the simple matter that our President has made horrifically bad political mistakes in their treatment of Mexico. He has put the Mexican politicians in a situation where they "must" retaliate against the US.

actually no it won't hurt us with other countries we trade with, The candians will be happy to allow trade to go through their nation into the US, nations need to realize there a cost to doing business with our nation, your no longer going to dump free cheap stuff on us duties and tariff free, there a price to doing business with us, and they will pay, nations around the world want our dollars, they want access to our markets, and to our customers, where else will they go Botswana? Timbuktu?

As far as the tunnels are concerned, send the National Guard to hunt them down, they will find them, this is a act of war that Mexico is doing by flooding our nation with fifth columnists, and drugs, they are wearing dowb our nation, and infiltrating if to take back the Southwest, they must be stopped.

As far you sending Mexico money, you as An American citizen, with the tensions we have with them lately, why are you sending them money, Yes if the left want to tax everyone payroll, inheritances, capital gains, property, Income, estates, etc. then they will have to pay the price for sending money to their amigos to the south.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
actually no it won't hurt us with other countries we trade with, The candians will be happy to allow trade to go through their nation into the US, nations need to realize there a cost to doing business with our nation, your no longer going to dump free cheap stuff on us duties and tariff free, there a price to doing business with us, and they will pay, nations around the world want our dollars, they want access to our markets, and to our customers, where else will they go Botswana? Timbuktu?
I apologize in advance for sounding like a condescending bleepard, but you don't know what you are talking about.

Did you look at the graph I posted? There is only "so much" trade one nation can do with another. Canada is not big enough nor does Canada have enough demand for our products that we can just move all of Mexican exports to Canada. Similarly, we are a free market economy and if what you say is true (i.e. other countries want our goods) then there is nothing preventing us from simultaneously trading with Mexico and those other theoretical countries in your hypothetical argument.

As far as the tunnels are concerned, send the National Guard to hunt them down, they will find them, this is a act of war that Mexico is doing by flooding our nation with fifth columnists, and drugs, they are wearing dowb our nation, and infiltrating if to take back the Southwest, they must be stopped.

The Mexican government is not intentionally flooding our nation with drugs and fifth columnists (whatever that is). We are a Capitalistic Society and Cocaine has a 10,000% profit margin in this country so you do the math on why we have a Drug Problem. As much blame we want to put on Mexico for the drug problem they can point the finger right back at us since it is OUR CITIZENS that freely and willingly spend so much money for drugs. If drugs didn't have a 1,000% to 10,000% profit margin in this country then drugs would not flow here. So there is enough blame to go around. Our government and citizens are just as liable for the drug problems here as Mexico.

....As far you sending Mexico money, you as An American citizen, with the tensions we have with them lately, why are you sending them money
Because it's a free country and I can do with my money whatever the bleep I want!!!
Two of the basic principles of the GOP are (or at least they were):
-Limited Government
-Free Market Capitalism without Government interference

So if you are a Conservative you should be sickened at the prospect of the government doing anything in regards to the Free Market. And this should be doubly so with the government telling you what you can and can't do with your money.

Yes if the left want to tax everyone payroll, inheritances, capital gains, property, Income, estates, etc. then they will have to pay the price for sending money to their amigos to the south.
What do taxes have to do with me wanting to send money anywhere in the world that I want to?

Upvote 0

TheNorwegian

Aug 17, 2015
Norway
✟89,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Of course companies want access to the US market. But it is not like it is the only market in the world. For instance, the EU alone is a bigger market than the US.

However, the question here is not how to import stuff to the US. It is a question about selling stuff from the US. If US sales to Mexico comes to a halt, the US lose its third largest market. This is not good for US businesses that rely on the Mexican market

If you expand this to putting tariffs on imports from other nations like you suggest, then they will of course put similar tariffs on US goods as well. If that happens, the hurt from losing the export of corn to the Mexico will be but a fraction of the total loss of business for US companies

, your no longer going to dump free cheap stuff on us duties and tariff free,

I hope you are prepared to pay a lot more for the stuff you buy in US shops.

Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I apologize in advance for sounding like a condescending bleepard, but you don't know what you are talking about.

Did you look at the graph I posted? There is only "so much" trade one nation can do with another. Canada is not big enough nor does Canada have enough demand for our products that we can just move all of Mexican exports to Canada. Similarly, we are a free market economy and if what you say is true (i.e. other countries want our goods) then there is nothing preventing us from simultaneously trading with Mexico and those other theoretical countries in your hypothetical argument.

The Mexican government is not intentionally flooding our nation with drugs and fifth columnists (whatever that is). We are a Capitalistic Society and Cocaine has a 10,000% profit margin in this country so you do the math on why we have a Drug Problem. As much blame we want to put on Mexico for the drug problem they can point the finger right back at us since it is OUR CITIZENS that freely and willingly spend so much money for drugs. If drugs didn't have a 1,000% to 10,000% profit margin in this country then drugs would not flow here. So there is enough blame to go around. Our government and citizens are just as liable for the drug problems here as Mexico.

Because it's a free country and I can do with my money whatever the bleep I want!!!
Two of the basic principles of the GOP are (or at least they were):
-Limited Government
-Free Market Capitalism without Government interference

So if you are a Conservative you should be sickened at the prospect of the government doing anything in regards to the Free Market. And this should be doubly so with the government telling you what you can and can't do with your money.

What do taxes have to do with me wanting to send money anywhere in the world that I want to?

The whole WTO, Globalization Free trade, tariff free, duties free, outsource, automative is a a very modern post-wwII scheme to bring about a single world economy, historically our nation has depended on protecting our industry, and jobs from cheaper nations being able to dump their products into our market, and flood it with cheap goods, where we can't compete, and puts people out of work, we kept Taxes & regulations low historically to allow domestic competition, while generating revenues from Tariffs, and Duties, and using protectionism to protect our industries. George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, William McKinney, Andrew Jackson, Alexander Hamilton, Warren G Harding, Calvin Coolidge, John Quincy Adams, Henry Clay, TR, Ussualys S. Grant, James Monroe, etc. We're all either supported Tariffs or were trade protectionists, even President Ronald Reagan, sadly a free trader even threatened nations to end trade deals that is not in our interest, and even imposed a Tariff on Japan to save Harley Davidson, even free trade Senator Daniel Webster even came around on Tariffs with the the Tariff Act of 1824. American was built on being ecomically Independent, not dependent on the rest of the world, the war of 1812, and the blockade during the Revolutionary war taught us those lessons on being spent, being spent on future foes like Mexico, and China will hurt us long term.

The modern GOP been taken over by Troutskite Neocons, Lifestyle Libertarians, and the Eastern Establishment, it resembles nothing of its glorious past. Sorry but I break with the modern GOP on Free Trade, deindustrialization, Globalization, the NAFTA, CAFTA, GATT/WTO, TPP, Consumerism(as a opposed to Production, and making things, while competing domestically with low taxes)

I agree that our a lot of our Citizens sadly have a Drug problem, a lot of the Lifestyle Libertarians, counter culture movement, Rock, & Gangsta Rap, Liberal Hollywood , the 60's hippie revolutionaries are to blame for glamorizing and popularizing Drug use to generations of Americans through Television, Music, Movies, and on College Campuses. However if anything is to be done a lot of the Democrats, and Lifestyle Libertarians all of a sudden cry about freedom, I believe a New just say no campaign is needed to patronize a drug free society, we need to raise excise taxes on legal Marijuana to pay for treatment, and rehab for drug users, we need to stop the flow of drugs coming into the country from places like Afghanistan, Pakistan, Mexico, Columbia, Peru, etc. We need to cooperate with the Philippines in their war on drugs campaign, we need a declaration of war against the Mexican Drug Cartels, and Mexican Prison Gangs here in America, and In Mexico to take them out, and destroy their supply routes, using special forces, Green Berets, the Militia, Special Old, Navy Seals, the Texas Rangers, etc. Backed by overwhelming Naval, and Air support, we also need zoning laws to not allow drug use, needle exchange programs, Marijuana shops, etc. near recreational parks, Day care centers, senior citizen centers, hospitals, Public and Private schools, clinics, businesses, Federal lands, etc. Still Mexico has some blame not just our people, with their corruption, and allowing these Cartels to send their filth drugs, and their dealers into our Country.

canada may not be big enough but other countries will trade with us, Breaking the sanctions on Russia will help with Trade with those folks, they crave American goods, we can trade with Belarus who been trying to balance their relations with Russia, and the west, we can finally start trading again with Egypt, now that Trump is on good terms with Al-SISI, Trump is now on good terms with Victor Orban in Hungray, trade with the Hungarians is good, trade with Central & Eastern Europe in general could replace Mexico, etc. It not A accept free trade with the Bad Hombres or die situation, most nations still look to American markets, and buy American goods, listen to American music, watch American music, but we must protect ourselves, or get surpassed by the cheap slave labor nations.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that most businesses that relocated to places like Mexico, Central America, South Korea, Japan, China,etc. Will realize if they see a 30% tariff on their goods (plus duties) , then it cheaper to do business in America, granted that the Corporate Income tax is reduced to below 10%, OSHA is relaxed to a certain degree, and Right to work legislation is allowed domestically to foster a good business environment, with the precondition they keep their business here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Of course companies want access to the US market. But it is not like it is the only market in the world. For instance, the EU alone is a bigger market than the US.

However, the question here is not how to import stuff to the US. It is a question about selling stuff from the US. If US sales to Mexico comes to a halt, the US lose its third largest market. This is not good for US businesses that rely on the Mexican market

If you expand this to putting tariffs on imports from other nations like you suggest, then they will of course put similar tariffs on US goods as well. If that happens, the hurt from losing the export of corn to the Mexico will be but a fraction of the total loss of business for US companies

I hope you are prepared to pay a lot more for the stuff you buy in US shops.

this generation a bunch of weaklings, we sacrificed in blood, and treasure during two World wars, we could survive a trade war, we survived trade war's in the past, and ended up replacing the British Empire who free trade policies of the late 19th century started to destroy their Empire, while we protected our economy with a tariff, while we dumped our products on their shores, now compare that situation to their peak under Mercantilism of the 17th century.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Mexico is one of the top buyers of American corn in the world today. And Mexican senator Armando Rios Piter, who leads a congressional committee on foreign relations, says he will introduce a bill this week where Mexico will buy corn from Brazil and Argentina instead of the United States.

Mexico ready to retaliate by hurting American corn farmers

Is this a good thing?
I think this is a victory for Mr Trump's long term vision.

How can America be for Americans when they have to rely of Sanchez over the border to buy their goods.

American corn for Americans is surely the rally cry for Americans?

Mr Trump wants to put America first and that means first in the que for corn.

Taxable American corn for taxable Americans first, biggly.

Americans first, biggly.

Upvote 0

TheNorwegian

Aug 17, 2015
Norway
✟89,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
this generation a bunch of weaklings, we sacrificed in blood, and treasure during two World wars, we could survive a trade war, we survived trade war's in the past, and ended up replacing the British Empire who free trade policies of the late 19th century started to destroy their Empire, while we protected our economy with a tariff, while we dumped our products on their shores, now compare that situation to their peak under Mercantilism of the 17th century.

I am sure you can survive a war - whether it is a world war or a trade war. That doesn't mean war is a good idea though. We could get more put of life than just surviving wars

Upvote 0

TheNorwegian

Aug 17, 2015
Norway
✟89,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think this is a victory for Mr Trump's long term vision.

How can America be for Americans when they have to rely of Sanchez over the border to buy their goods.

American corn for Americans is surely to rally cry for Americans?

Mr Trump wants to put America first and that means first in the que for corn.

Taxable American corn for taxable Americans first, biggly.

Americans first, biggly.

Yes, this is pretty simple; The Mexicans can stop eating corn, and rather eat the avocados they can no longer sell to the US because of the tariffs

Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, this is pretty simple; The Mexicans can stop eating corn, and rather eat the avocados they can no longer sell to the US because of the tariffs
Can the Mexicans except a good deal from the Chinese who will just use their assets to buy up their resources, like they are doing across Africa, can they trust other Latin American nations who are looking out for their interests, can they trust Europe who political situation is shaky, etc. Mexico needs us, more than we need them.

Upvote 0

TheNorwegian

Aug 17, 2015
Norway
✟89,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can the Mexicans except a good deal from the Chinese who will just use their assets to buy up their resources, like they are doing across Africa, can they trust other Latin American nations who are looking out for their interests, can they trust Europe who political situation is shaky, etc. Mexico needs us, more than we need them.

The point is that the US has already decided to hit Mexico. Now the Mexicans will try to limit the damage done. One way to do this is to stop imports from the US and look somewhere else to buy from

can they trust other Latin American nations who are looking out for their interests,

At least Mexico cannot trust the US. The Mexicans cannot trust anyone else, but needs to think what is best for themselves. One way to do that is to impose tariffs on goods from countries that put tariffs on Mexican goods. In this case this will be corn and other products from the US

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The point is that the US has already decided to hit Mexico. Now the Mexicans will try to limit the damage done. One way to do this is to stop imports from the US and look somewhere else to buy from

At least Mexico cannot trust the US. The Mexicans cannot trust anyone else, but needs to think what is best for themselves. One way to do that is to impose tariffs on goods from countries that put tariffs on Mexican goods. In this case this will be corn and other products from the US
well have fun eating Tacos, and drinking dirty water that kills people then, their choice, we will not bend to their will.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
well have fun eating Tacos, and drinking dirty water that kills people then, their choice, we will not bend to their will.
Tacos are good and so are burritos and the fish there and the shrimp, and so much more.

And the water in most all places is greatly improved. There is no need to be insulting to others. I have traveled there quite a bit and have no trouble. And they are not asking us to bend to their will. They ask that we recognize they are allies and a big trading partner.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Mexico is one of the top buyers of American corn in the world today. And Mexican senator Armando Rios Piter, who leads a congressional committee on foreign relations, says he will introduce a bill this week where Mexico will buy corn from Brazil and Argentina instead of the United States.

Mexico ready to retaliate by hurting American corn farmers

Is this a good thing?
Not for the US.

But there are complaints in Central America about American corn being GMO and possibly causing cancer. Corn grows well in the other countries and will be cheaper and likely not GMO.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What about our trade relationship with Mexico has been a good thing for us? They've taken advantage of us at every turn.
How?

Upvote 0