Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Europeans basically steal the land from them (Native Americans who are also the ancestors of Mexicans)

Puts a price on the lands and then declares some Native Americans illegal.

This is one very good example of:

JOhn 7:7
The world cannot hate you, but it hates me because I testify that its works are evil.

The U.S. government has violated every single one of the hundreds of treaties it signed with the tribal nations, despite the fact that Article VI of the Constitution clearly states: "and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land."

And to add insult to injury, Native Americans were denied U.S. citizenship for 148 years until the American Indian Citizenship Act in 1924 and they were also denied religious freedom for 202 years until the American Indian Religious Freedom Act in 1978. Until that federal law was passed, Native American religious and ceremonial dances were illegal and punishable by imprisonment (source).

There were also the American Indian Boarding Schools with the sole purpose to "Kill the Indian, Save the Man" and strip Native American children of their heritage, as well as forcibly Christianize them.

• Agree
Reactions: Ringo84
Upvote 0

Acts2:38

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, it doesn't have to be racism to be a concentration camp. But in this case, I think it's racist fear of the other, as Shiloh was saying in his post, that is in part leading to these policies.

Polls tend to be... off kilter as a large example being the 2016 elections. However, I dont doubt for one second that there are people out there scared of other races and whatnot like you say. But, I cannot say that the majority in all of the US combined would think that way. I for one am white, but I don't let skin color dictate my decisions in matters.

Honestly, I'm not sure the WH is going to be very helpful in this regard. I think they're just looking for a reason not to sign the bill into law.
Ringo

I would just say for now, since they are not showing me whats in the bill, I cannot say with any certainty who is right and wrong.

One side says one thing, another says another thing. Until I can read the bill, or anyone else can read the bill, we cannot say with certainty that it is this persons fault or another.

All I do know, is that our leaders are punching it out while people suffer. Both sides are. Its up to reading whats in this bill, to see what is actually going on.

I appreciate your discussion with me. I have briefly tried finding the bill to read, but have not had luck. Maybe the I went about searching it the wrong way, I dont know.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Polls tend to be... off kilter as a large example being the 2016 elections. However, I dont doubt for one second that there are people out there scared of other races and whatnot like you say. But, I cannot say that the majority in all of the US combined would think that way. I for one am white, but I don't let skin color dictate my decisions in matters.

I'm glad for that, and I will again take you at your word on this because I have no reason not to.

Unfortunately, I think too many in the current regime care far too much about skin color and allowing it to dictate policy.

I would just say for now, since they are not showing me whats in the bill, I cannot say with any certainty who is right and wrong.

One side says one thing, another says another thing. Until I can read the bill, or anyone else can read the bill, we cannot say with certainty that it is this persons fault or another.

All I do know, is that our leaders are punching it out while people suffer. Both sides are. Its up to reading whats in this bill, to see what is actually going on.

I appreciate your discussion with me. I have briefly tried finding the bill to read, but have not had luck. Maybe the I went about searching it the wrong way, I dont know.

There may just not be that much information about it yet. Not sure.

In any case, I get what you're saying about fault, but I would say that the WH is....not trustworthy (to say the least) in their intentions. But sure....I suppose it's OK to wait and see what's in the bill.

Yep, I was too rough with you previously. You're not trying to defend the border stuff like some others here are doing. I don't think we totally agree, but we're fairly close (in terms of immigration positions).
Ringo

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A vast number of them are of Spanish descent. And even if they are purely from an indian tribe, they are not native to the lands Americans hold. Aztecs are not native to Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, or even California. Neither are Incan's or any other people from central america or further south.

So your statement is moot.
In 1853 the United States paid Mexico $10 million for a 29,670 square mile portion of land in what is now called The Gadsden Purchase. The United States claimed the land was for a railroad and to “resolve some conflicts that lingered after the Mexican-American War.” But the purchase split the Tohono O’odham’s native lands in half, leaving some of its members in Mexico and others in the United States.
https://splinternews.com/native-american-tribe-on-u-s-mexico-border-blocks-trum-1825301911

I think this is relevant.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
MOD HAT ON
Closed permanently.
Thread derailed from the original topic.
MOD HAT OFF

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.