Mexico capitulates to Trump

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Do you think I'm so stupid as to believe that the scripture above means to let people die who are seeking help?

No, you're supposed to so greedy as to not care.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Unless the guards actually expect to get paid...

They're already being paid, tens of thousands of them...the military. Most of the equipment is already paid for as well, just sitting there doing nothing. The southern border is a great place for desert military training. Also a great place to train for future border security duty. ^_^

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Do you think I'm so stupid as to believe that the scripture above means to let people die who are seeking help?

Helping someone isn't the same as adopting them. I help the homeless through various charities, but I'm not going to invite them into my home.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟202,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, you're supposed to so greedy as to not care.
I'd rather die than become a cold stone heart that sits on it's fat butt reading the paper pleased by the news of the death of those poor families who would intrude upon my comfort.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,119.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Yeah, I saw your NYT link where it said "things Mexico largely already agreed to" meaning there's more, and they know there's more, but articles for the "gotcha" people still have to be written. Stopped reading when it called him Mr. Trump and not President Trump. Imagine them disrespecting President Obama like that. LOL
It's part of the style handbook at the NYT. In fact reporting you always use the least amount of characters possible, and by AP standards the word President is never abbreviated, though pure AP standards wouldn't include the courtesy title of Mr.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
How does it help to overload the boat so that it sinks, drowning everyone?

Helping someone isn't the same as adopting them. I help the homeless through various charities, but I'm not going to invite them into my home.

How small do you think our country and its economy are? Not only could we easily afford all of these people, but some regions need them. Refugees have helped prop up and turnaround regional economies that otherwise would have depopulated. It’s sad that some of the folks most opposed to immigration are the ones who would most benefit from it.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How small do you think our country and its economy are? Not only could we easily afford all of these people, but some regions need them. Refugees have helped prop up and turnaround regional economies that otherwise would have depopulated. It’s sad that some of the folks most opposed to immigration are the ones who would most benefit from it.

Such growth is cancerous, spawning more problems than it solves. Uneducated immigrants will use more services than they provide. Of course that spawns more needed government services to provide them. While at the same time they will send $Billion of U.S. dollars, which are needed here, back to their home countries. They are a social and economic liability, not an asset.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,147,708.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
In this story about this topic, Mexico Agreed to Take Border Actions Months Before Trump Announced Tariff Deal, "President" was used in a caption and the first reference in the text. Thereafter "Mr" was used. This story about Gov Cuomo follows the same pattern: Mexico Agreed to Take Border Actions Months Before Trump Announced Tariff Deal. I picked a random story about Obama from Jan 2016: Obama Takes First Step in a Cancer ‘Moonshot’. It follows the same pattern. The title is used the first time, then Mr.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No I haven't, I guess that makes you more loving than me, in some vain sick way.

How charming. :happyblush:

Well, agape is more pragmatic than phileo; gets the job done.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm saying an imaginary boat where we have to let others die so as to save our selves is an imaginary fear.

But in my metaphor everyone drowns if the boat is overloaded. The greater conversation would encompass the concept of 'death by a thousand cuts'. This is happening here, and illegal immigration is a pretty big slash.

It's difficult to move forward when you are going backward.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟202,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But in my metaphor everyone drowns. The greater conversation would encompass the concept of 'death by a thousand cuts'. This is happening here, and illegal immigration is a pretty big slash.
How about eaten by squirrels? That's something all nuts fear.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟140,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The house democrats are always upset and making noise no matter what the POTUS does...they have been doing so since he was elected and haven't done anything, but rant and rave since then. So more of the same here as usual.
You know, I’ll betcha that if we looked real good at forum posts from 2010 we’d see the same complaint levied against the GOP House caucus.

Upvote 0