Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why haven't they done it?

Time, I would imagine.

Yeah, I saw your NYT link where it said "things Mexico largely already agreed to" meaning there's more, and they know there's more, but articles for the "gotcha" people still have to be written. Stopped reading when...

That's a shame. If you'd have held out for just two more paragraphs, you'd have seen that they did, in fact, describe some of the new agreement:

Their promise to deploy up to 6,000 national guard troops was larger than their previous pledge. And the Mexican agreement to accelerate the Migrant Protection Protocols could help reduce what Mr. Trump calls “catch and release” of migrants in the United States by giving the country a greater ability to make asylum-seekers wait in Mexico.

That's not nothing, but neither is it a big new deal that warranted the sort of publicity and threats of a new trade war.

it called him Mr. Trump and not President Trump. Imagine them disrespecting President Obama like that. LOL

yes, imagine...

Sometimes, you guys really do make this too easy:

"Mr. obama" site:nytimes.com - Google Search

(Just to drive the point home, that search filters the results to include only those that were published while he was president.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Is there a time limit? Does the resistance have to be a certain length of time before it can be capitulation?

Well, however long it was, we've already established that it ended in March. Donald huffed and puffed so that his disciples wouldn't realize that he agreed to potentially billions in foreign aid to Central America.

In fact, one could hardly even call it capitulation when one knows what Donald doesn't want known... that his biggest demand (for asylum seekers to apply from Mexico, and not enter the United States at all) was rejected.

In light of the facts, it seems that the word "compromise" is more appropriate... don't you think?

• Useful
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Hopefully, but it still won't stop Mexicans themselves from crossing illegally.

Nothing will stop that.

However, the vast majority of Mexican illegals enter legally at ports of entry ("I'm a tourist," "I'm just visiting my cousin Pedro in San Jose," "I'm a college student,") and simply disappear once they get in. A wall won't stop that.

The ones who do sneak across do so in ones and twos, not in giant easy-to-spot caravans... and I hate to break it to you, but a wall won't stop them either.

Watch: Fox News host says migrants are "mocking the wall" by walking around it

Imagine how they'll "mock the wall" when they go over, under, or through it?

Now, if Donald seriously thinks that a $200 billion wall is a cost effective way to discourage a small percentage of illegal immigration, his six bankruptcies make a lot more sense. If his followers think so because he says it, their continued worship and reverence for him doesn't make any sense.

Meanwhile, Donald ignores the obvious solution -- E-verify.

Trump ignores practical solution for stopping illegal immigration

The Senate made an effort to address this problem when it passed a comprehensive immigration reform bill in 2013 that included provisions for a mandatory E-verify program. But Republicans in the House refused to allow a vote on the bill. Their failure to act has allowed untold thousands of unauthorized immigrants to secure employment in the intervening years.

And why? Because this would inconvenience businessowners who use illegal labor -- businessowners which include Donald himself.

A pipeline of undocumented workers for Donald Trump ran from Costa Rica to N.J.: 'My whole town practically lived there'

Lawyer: Trump resort hired undocumented workers

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...24486280311_story.html?utm_term=.9c5438077497

Quite the conflict of interest...

...don't you think?

• Winner
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Stopped reading when it called him Mr. Trump and not President Trump. Imagine them disrespecting President Obama like that. LOL

You mean 0bummer, the Kenyan Marxist usurper? LOL indeed.

• Haha
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Nothing will stop that.

However, the vast majority of Mexican illegals enter legally at ports of entry ("I'm a tourist," "I'm just visiting my cousin Pedro in San Jose," "I'm a college student,") and simply disappear once they get in. A wall won't stop that.

The ones who do sneak across do so in ones and twos, not in giant easy-to-spot caravans... and I hate to break it to you, but a wall won't stop them either.

Watch: Fox News host says migrants are "mocking the wall" by walking around it

Imagine how they'll "mock the wall" when they go over, under, or through it?

Now, if Donald seriously thinks that a $200 billion wall is a cost effective way to discourage a small percentage of illegal immigration, his six bankruptcies make a lot more sense. If his followers think so because he says it, their continued worship and reverence for him doesn't make any sense.

Meanwhile, Donald ignores the obvious solution -- E-verify.

Trump ignores practical solution for stopping illegal immigration

And why? Because this would inconvenience businessowners who use illegal labor -- businessowners which include Donald himself.

A pipeline of undocumented workers for Donald Trump ran from Costa Rica to N.J.: 'My whole town practically lived there'

Lawyer: Trump resort hired undocumented workers

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...24486280311_story.html?utm_term=.9c5438077497

Quite the conflict of interest...

...don't you think?

I have always advocated a guarded security fence, with towers, barbed wire, dogs, electronic gadgets. An unguarded wall will never work. It's a edifice to stupidity and waste.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Ah, the NYT at its best. An unnamed source from a secret meeting.

The media’s equivalent of Colonel Mustard in the Library with a candlestick.

Clue -- how appropriate. Donald's supporters just got one.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,007.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I have always advocated a guarded security fence, with towers, barbed wire, dogs, electronic gadgets. An unguarded wall will never work. It's a edifice to stupidity and waste.
Hey if you build the same fence between you and Canada you can rename yourself Stalag Luft!

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I sincerely pray for those people and their families who are struggling to find a way for their families to live in such a wicked world, where no one wants to help them, or even cares what happens to them. It makes me think of Christ every time I see them; and his words, what you did to the least of my brethren you did unto me.

How does it help to overload the boat so that it sinks, drowning everyone?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hey if you build the same fence between you and Canada you can rename yourself Stalag Luft!

No need. Canadians have skills, education, and speak English.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

And a guarded wall is a money pit... or were you not paying attention?

$20 billion is turning into the low end of the estimate... but as long as the business owners aren't inconvenienced, it's all worth it, eh?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Remember that when the business owners toss you overboard.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,749,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No need. Canadians have skills, education, and speak English.
Amid focus on immigration from south, illegal crossings from Canada surge

Driving the increase here, officials say, is the ease of entry into Canada, where visas are no longer required for Mexicans, and a border that receives less scrutiny and resources than the southern border, where thousands fleeing violence in Central America are being detained.
Who says the immigration from Canada are non-Hispanic whites with education? How many are from the Middle east?

• Informative
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think the spirit of the thought above is from the Truth of Christ, or from the lie of Satan?

Here is a fact that you should learn. The United States has been growing it's economy by bringing in a million immigrants every year for the past twenty years. The full-boat scenario is promoting an imaginary fear.

Luke 17:33
Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

• Winner
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And a guarded wall is a money pit... or were you not paying attention?

$20 billion is turning into the low end of the estimate... but as long as the business owners aren't inconvenienced, it's all worth it, eh?

A guarded fence is not only the most effective but also the cheapest alternative.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Amid focus on immigration from south, illegal crossings from Canada surge

Driving the increase here, officials say, is the ease of entry into Canada, where visas are no longer required for Mexicans, and a border that receives less scrutiny and resources than the southern border, where thousands fleeing violence in Central America are being detained.
Who says the immigration from Canada are non-Hispanic whites with education? How many are from the Middle east?

Yikes! Maybe we do need a wall up there. :eek:

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Do you think the spirit of the thought above is from the Truth of Christ, or from the lie of Satan?

Here is a fact that you should learn. The United States has been growing it's economy by bringing in a million immigrants every year for the past twenty years. The full-boat scenario is promoting an imaginary fear.

Luke 17:33
Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

We are already suffering enough "woes" from overcrowded cities.

Isaiah 5:8
Woe unto them that join house to house, that lay field to field, till there be no place, that they may be placed alone in the midst of the earth!

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
A guarded fence is not only the most effective but also the cheapest alternative.

Unless the guards actually expect to get paid...

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are already suffering enough "woes" from overcrowded cities.

Isaiah 5:8
Woe unto them that join house to house, that lay field to field, till there be no place, that they may be placed alone in the midst of the earth!
Do you think I'm so stupid as to believe that the scripture above means to let people die who are seeking help?

Upvote 0