Orlando
✟68,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
'Mexican presidential candidate Andrés Manuel López Obrador (AMLO) called for mass immigration to the United States during a speech Tuesday declaring it a “human right” for all North Americans.'

By that logic, my neighbors have a human right to invite themselves over and stay as long as they want.

‘It’s A Human Right’ — Mexican Presidential Candidate Calls For Mass Exodus To America

How patriotic of him, celebrating the right to leave ones country!

• Haha
Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Its gotten so ANYTHING that someone wants is going to be called a human right. Hyperbole has become routine in politics now. Hispanic ICE workers are terrorists to Cynthia Nixon. Sending parentless illegals to schools is the same as the Holocaust to not a few elected Democrats. And so it goes. It always gets attention, though, so it will continue.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,307.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Whilst legal immigration might be a ‘human right’, calling for your electorate to leave the country is real one term presidency thinking.

I wonder what he really said, noticing a lot of sources for this speech tended to be right-leaning.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Before Europeans arrived to America, humans in the American continent are free to move about.

Even animals have the privilege to migrate to escape weather extremes and inhospitable conditions that can be caused by natural calamities.

I suppose in that way, we all have a right to immigration. Currently, as it is, citizens of rich, developed nations can immigrate to other countries a lot easier than citizens of poor 3rd world nations. I think it's unfair, unjust.

The Bible says, we should not be unfair and unjust especially to the poor. But our nations and leaders are rather doing the opposite and keep showing favor to the rich instead.

• Agree
Reactions: comana
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
'Mexican presidential candidate Andrés Manuel López Obrador (AMLO) called for mass immigration to the United States during a speech Tuesday declaring it a “human right” for all North Americans.'

By that logic, my neighbors have a human right to invite themselves over and stay as long as they want.

‘It’s A Human Right’ — Mexican Presidential Candidate Calls For Mass Exodus To America
To a degree immigration is a human right. That has long been Catholic teaching. People should be able to up and move when they need to. Of course that right has to be balanced by the ability of the country they want to go to being able to handle receiving them. Which is why it is not an absolute right. But one should be able to leave a place where they are suffering from repression.

An aspect of this immigration debacle I have not fully appreciated until the last few days is how America promotes the instability south of the border by not properly dealing with drugs in this country. I'm not saying to legalize drugs at all, but that what we have now functionally promotes drug cartels south of the border, and that functionally promotes corruption, and people have a right to flee from that. If we want to solve the immigration 'crisis' we need to fix the drug 'crisis' first. I don't know how to do that, but only know what we are doing now doesn't work.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Where does he say immigration is a human right?

He says it here:

"Y ya pronto, muy pronto, al triunfo de nuestro movimiento vamos a defender a los migrantes de todo el continente Americano y todos los migrantes del mundo que, por necesidad, tienen que abandonar sus pueblos para buscar la vida en Estados Unidos, es un derecho humano que vamos a defender", expresó.​

We have always been a nation that welcomes immigrants, on our terms. I'm very glad we finally have a president in place who will resist the destruction of our right to control our borders. And despite all the massive disinformation in the media, I believe Americans are agreeing with that.

• Agree
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

Where does he say immigration is a human right?
Y ya pronto, muy pronto, al triunfo de nuestro movimiento vamos a defender a los migrantes de todo el continente Americano y todos los migrantes del mundo que, por necesidad, tienen que abandonar sus pueblos para buscar la vida en Estados Unidos, es un derecho humano que vamos a defender.

And soon, very soon, to the triumph of our movement we will defend migrants from all over the American continent and all the migrants of the world who, by necessity, have to leave their villages to seek life in the United States, it is a right human that we are going to defend.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Although I do not consider just any difficulty experienced in life to constitute oppression, I appreciate your thinking about drug use in America as being part of the Immigration problem. But how to tackle it effectively?

The same people who insist upon open borders also are the people promoting drug use. And as we can see, they are pretty successful in their political efforts.

• Winner
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

LadyCrosstalk

Aug 19, 2006
✟30,242.00
Faith
Christian
Andrés López: you're better off fleeing the country.

Heck of a campaign slogan!

What he is promoting is the export of their poor people to the U.S. and making them a problem for us rather than proposing any serious remedies for their failed narco-state (and believe it, the elite class that he represents are profiting mightily from the export of drugs to the U.S.). As such, it should be seen as exactly what it is--an invasion. He apparently believes that he is diabolically clever but the United States should make it very clear that, if he carries through in what he has proposed that the U. S. government will consider his actions as serious as any other dictator-ordered invasion and hunt him down along with others of his elite class who are prompting the action. And if he tries to enforce his will with the Mexican Army he needs to be told in no uncertain terms that the Mexican Army is NOT AT ALL a match for the U.S. Army. After such an invasion and the resulting destruction of the ruling class in Mexico, the country should be given back to the poor people who would be used as pawns by this evil man and the ruling class that he represents. The Dems are to blame for the lack of border security that we have. President Trump is struggling mightily to preserve our border. Without a secure border, we do not have a nation--and that is exactly what this evil man is proposing to do--destroy our national sovereignty.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The same people who insist upon open borders also are the people promoting drug use.

They're also the same people who want to disarm our population. Funny how that works. What a recipe for violent, ungovernable chaos.

5894dfc0c36188e3718b4656.jpg

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We must remember that NAFTA was supposed to be a two way street; in return for Mexico facilitating US (and Canadian) companies as regards cheaper labor, the US and Canada was supposed to help Mexico strengthen its labor laws. It hasn't really happened. The leader of Mexico's biggest labor union went to live in Vancouver because of death threats.

One must remember that the strong demand for illegal drugs comes from the United States and Canada, for the most part. It's basically a moral problem. Unless one believes in blaming Mexico for the laws of supply and demand, drugs and their aftermath a huge problem that needs to be tackled jointly and in a holistic way, across the board, rather than attaching exclusive 'blame' for nationalistic, electoral reasons.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I wonder if some in Mexico, Canada, and the United States want to form a North American Union with no passports required to cross borders. It works that way in parts of Western Europe.

I'm sure... if not, it's just a matter of time. There's no end to this madness, well, until the end.

Upvote 0

ubicaritas

sinning boldly
Jul 22, 2017
Orlando
✟68,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
To a degree immigration is a human right. That has long been Catholic teaching. People should be able to up and move when they need to. Of course that right has to be balanced by the ability of the country they want to go to being able to handle receiving them. Which is why it is not an absolute right. But one should be able to leave a place where they are suffering from repression.

An aspect of this immigration debacle I have not fully appreciated until the last few days is how America promotes the instability south of the border by not properly dealing with drugs in this country. I'm not saying to legalize drugs at all, but that what we have now functionally promotes drug cartels south of the border, and that functionally promotes corruption, and people have a right to flee from that. If we want to solve the immigration 'crisis' we need to fix the drug 'crisis' first. I don't know how to do that, but only know what we are doing now doesn't work.

It's worse than that. We destroy countries in proxy Cold War posturing but we don't clean up our messes. This is why people like Oscar Romero died as martyrs, because they spoke out against the violence and chaos caused by the Cold War and the political repression that was a consequence of American foreign policy.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

That's true... but, your mistake here is using good common sense.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
He says it here:

"Y ya pronto, muy pronto, al triunfo de nuestro movimiento vamos a defender a los migrantes de todo el continente Americano y todos los migrantes del mundo que, por necesidad, tienen que abandonar sus pueblos para buscar la vida en Estados Unidos, es un derecho humano que vamos a defender", expresó.​

We have always been a nation that welcomes immigrants, on our terms. I'm very glad we finally have a president in place who will resist the destruction of our right to control our borders. And despite all the massive disinformation in the media, I believe Americans are agreeing with that.

Y ya pronto, muy pronto, al triunfo de nuestro movimiento vamos a defender a los migrantes de todo el continente Americano y todos los migrantes del mundo que, por necesidad, tienen que abandonar sus pueblos para buscar la vida en Estados Unidos, es un derecho humano que vamos a defender.

And soon, very soon, to the triumph of our movement we will defend migrants from all over the American continent and all the migrants of the world who, by necessity, have to leave their villages to seek life in the United States, it is a right human that we are going to defend.
He's referring to families being separated at the border, but yeah, let's ignore everything else he said. :yawn:

Upvote 0