✟27,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
H
Having watched the testimony of them both, I am convinced they both truly believe they are telling the truth. Of course it isn't possible for that to be the case (that they both are telling the truth) thus I guess I am stating that one or both of them are struggling with memory.[/QUOTE
Accirdingc o his own friends, he lied about his drinking. That goes against his credibility. Also, he deflected a whole lot of questions, and was even rude. That goes against his credibility too.

Upvote 0

creslaw

Supporter
Oct 20, 2015
✟171,835.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But by deciding further action is not warranted, you make a judgement that the accusation IS just a political ploy. Which is why any accusation needs to be investigated through the appropriate channels before being splashed all over the news. You can't base a decision on whether or not an accusation is worth investigating on whether or not the accuser might have something to gain politically from making the accusation.
I did not say the accuser had something to gain politically from making the accusation. Ford wanted the allegation kept confidential but it was leaked to the media for political purposes.

The further investigation by the FBI now underway is pointless - they cannot force people to speak to the FBI and the FBI does not reach conclusions or make recommendations. The SJC will consider the reports and again divide along political. lines

Upvote 0

creslaw

Supporter
Oct 20, 2015
✟171,835.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Having watched the testimony of them both, I am convinced they both truly believe they are telling the truth. Of course it isn't possible for that to be the case (that they both are telling the truth) thus I guess I am stating that one or both of them are struggling with memory.
That is the position Kavanaugh has taken with regard to Ford's allegation. He has acknowledged that he believes she experienced a distressing incident somewhere sometime. The possibility that the incident could have occurred elsewhere was not explored and it seems cannot be questioned.

Upvote 0

creslaw

Supporter
Oct 20, 2015
✟171,835.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Kavanaugh's school behaviour is examined in detail in an attempt to use anything to support an accusation of sexaul assault. He said he drank too much at times and that is supposed to make him a rapist.

In the current climate it is taboo to question accusers about behaviour that may pertain to their credibility. Ford's year book contains details of events where heavy drinking occurred and girls were sexually pressured. It is legitimate to question whether Ford's experience could have occurred in a different setting with a different person. When it is a contest of credibility which relies so much on reconstructed memories, without witnesses who will corroborate the accusation, the reliability of those memories should be challenged.

The Washington Post

Ford’s inner circle was, “How do you say this? The pretty, popular girls,” explained Andrea Evers, a close friend. “It wasn’t like we were a bunch of vapid preppies, but God, we were preppy then.”

Weekends were spent shopping at the White Flint mall, flashing fake IDs at Georgetown’s Third Edition club — the drinking age was 18 then — or flocking to the house of whoever’s parents were out of town to drink six-packs of Hamm’s or Schaefer.

Every summer, the “Holton girls” would pack into a rented house for Beach Week, an annual bacchanal of high-schoolers from around the region. The prep schools that formed Ford’s overlapping social circles usually gathered at a Delaware beach town each year. Kavanaugh, in his senior-year yearbook, cited his own membership in the “Beach Week Ralph Club.”

Like Kavanaugh, Ford was part of that alcohol-fueled culture. But those unchaperoned parties, at beach rentals and Bethesda basements alike, frequently left the girls feeling embattled.

“The boys were pretty brutal,” Evers said. “They would do what they could to get you drunk, and do whatever they would try to do to you.”

Reactions: Robin Mauro
Upvote 0

No Swansong

Formerly Jtbdad Christian on every board!
Apr 14, 2004
Ohio
✟28,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
That is the position Kavanaugh has taken with regard to Ford's allegation. He has acknowledged that he believes she experienced a distressing incident somewhere sometime. The possibility that the incident could have occurred elsewhere was not explored and it seems cannot be questioned.
That is certainly one side of the issue. Another is that he was a heavy drinker (he was) and that he is the one having an issue with memory.

Upvote 0

creslaw

Supporter
Oct 20, 2015
✟171,835.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is certainly one side of the issue. Another is that he was a heavy drinker (he was) and that he is the one having an issue with memory.
Two women Yale students have criticized Kavanaugh for downplaying his drinking but made the point that even after drinking heavily they never saw him engage in any inappropriate behaviour towards women.
Ford's memory confusion could be trauma or could be her drinking - her school friend Andrea Evers said they did quite a lot at parties. But we are not allowed to ask that question.

• Agree
Reactions: Newtheran
Upvote 0

No Swansong

Apr 14, 2004
Ohio
✟28,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
Two women Yale students have criticized Kavanaugh for downplaying his drinking but made the point that even after drinking heavily they never saw him engage in any inappropriate behaviour towards women.
Ford's memory confusion could be trauma or could be her drinking - her school friend Andrea Evers said they did quite a lot at parties. But we are not allowed to ask that question.
Two statements from two students doesn't really establish a pattern. Additionally I would ask what is their definition of inappropriate behavior? I know that seems to be self evident, but since this issue has become known I have actually met women who claim that even if her story is true what Kavanaugh allegedly did "wasn't all that bad." I do agree that her memory could also be impaired, especially if her story is true and she was traumatized.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟458,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never heard anyone say he was guilty, including the press. Many people, including myself, believe her, and believe it should be investigated.

Your two statements contradict each other. If you believe her - he has to be guilty no?

I have heard the media reports, and I turned them off. They did call him guilty, rapist, etc. Then also went into stereotypes about powerful white men thinking they are entitled to this behavior. It was all over the place. I don't know how you could have missed it.

Once again - it was the way they went about moving towards an investigation. They could have done their due diligence to this poor woman behind the scenes, and the senate does have their investigative powers. They choose not to use those, and as far as I'm concerned traumatized this woman more so. They are responsible for that. That alone doesn't show care for her at all.

Although this is not a criminal case, even though I believe her, if it were a criminal case and I were a juror, I would not find him guilty on her testimony alone.The FBI needs to thoroughly investigate.
Kavanaugh's friend, Mark?Judge needs to be interviewed thoroughly, along with other people who knew him. A written statement is not enough. Questioning is how to determine if someone is lying. All the good and all the bad about him needs to be thoroughly looked into.

The FBI would be investigating the alleged crime in this case.

Remember they have already done a background check on him six times already. Chances are very good they have already spoken to Mark Judge - also other friends, family, teachers, religious leaders, etc. That is standard procedure of this background check.

The only thing that maybe knocked down is the many allegations - and speculation about Mark Judge that would have to be walked back. There have been some doozies floating around. Chances are many of the media outlets won't mention it if they have to - or it will be a side note. Then continue to use it in commentary later on. They have done this for years. It's pitiful. Remember this type of dynamic happened way before Trump - or this circumstance, etc.

Alleged facts are debunked and they keep repeating it anyway - the media dynamic in question.

Some of his own friends said he was a belligerent drunk, while he made himself sound like a choir boy. That goes to his credibility. If he is a liar, that needs to be taken into consideration. Do we want a liar as a supreme court judge I don't.

The only one I have heard about is a past roommate from College. No doubt more have come out since then, because that is how this works in recent history. People love to join the bandwagon.

The college room mate that spoke out against him came up in the hearing, and Kaungaugh reminded them about the document they viewed behind the scenes - the Senate - and that pretty much stuck down the questioning about that. They stopped because it had information in it about that this person, and conflicts he had in college - and the Dems choose at that point to NOT air it.

Notice the media didn't choose to bring that point home?! Instead they keep bringing him up. That makes things confusing to say the least.

Choir boys - as the stereotype goes - don't admit things he did under oath. Just another item that isn't hammered home in the commentaries about this circumstance. They labeled him so they could tear their own stereotype down. They do this all the time with other circumstances too. That part has driven me crazy for years about the news media. It's irresponsible, but it hands them rating and money due to the competitive nature of their field.

Having the FBI investigate is normal procedure when accusations are made. Why were they trying to rush this through? I believe it was because they don't want to know; most of them don't care, even if it IS true,

Well, no offense the way they went about this made me question their motives. Again they could have done their due diligence for this woman - and choose not too. You also have wonder WHY that is. Yet, no one does. They just guess about people not caring instead. The individuals in this committee are the ones that didn't care. You notice they avoid that discussion.

The GOP also went out of their way to accommodate her, and we learned from the hearing that she had no idea that they offered to fly out to CA to do the interview if she felt more comfortable doing so. You notice her lawyers didn't even mention that to her - which is crazy since they are the ones that complained she didn't like flying. This came up during the hearing too. She was taken back, because she had no idea they made the offer.

That makes no sense to me at all. WHY would her lawyers force her to fly to a hearing when they didn't have too? You don't bring up a concern, and they blow off the solution for your client.

A thorough investigation must be made. As for Diane Einstein (sp?), and how this all came out, and the timing, I don't know. I would've thought the sooner the better, so that an investigation could be made. But none of that, whatever the motivation, changes the fact that Ford alleges attempted sexual assault by this man, and I believe she knows exactly it was him. That is a detail a rape victim does not forget, and that is the bottom line. It must be thoroughly investigated.
And there are also other accusations against him now, that must be looked into.

It's Feinstein - with an F. The problem is when no one that was allegedly there will change their stories? Remember NONE of them - including her friends - say they were at this party. I'm not sure how far they can go with it. I do believe something happened to her, but I also know that trauma can do funny things to you. It's not unusual that things to seem completely clear, and they end up not being so. The brain can do funny things when in protective mode. They can also remember things that you are surprised they remember in such detail. What I saw was a broken woman, and I do believe she believes what she is saying. No one in this hearing went into the dynamics of trauma, and they should have. It's not like this isn't well documented.

I also don't know what will happen to this country if this investigation comes back with nothing. That's a very good possibility, and no one goes there. Responsible journalism - would.

They keep bringing up Anita Hill, and yet her charges came back unfounded. That was after the FBI investigation. Her claims were a federal crime, because they allegedly happened on federal grounds - building, etc. Bad example! Notice they only bring up 1/2 that investigation, and tread lightly on the conclusions. To me that is highly irresponsible, because they are not mentioning the high possibility it could happen again. You and I both know people are going to go nutters if it does.

There are worse holes with the current stories in the media about additional women.

I am so thankful to God right now that Hatch (I think it was Hatch) changed his mind and called for an investigation.
How thorough they will be allowed to be is the million dollar question, considering the party in power wanted to just shove him in, guilty or not.
I appreciate your rationality in all that you said though. I do.
Thank-you for that.

I think you are talking about Flake.

Upvote 0

No Swansong

Apr 14, 2004
Ohio
✟28,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
Your two statements contradict each other. If you believe her - he has to be guilty no?

I have heard the media reports, and I turned them off. They did call him guilty, rapist, etc. Then also went into stereotypes about powerful white men thinking they are entitled to this behavior. It was all over the place. I don't know how you could have missed it.

Once again - it was the way they went about moving towards an investigation. They could have done their due diligence to this poor woman behind the scenes, and the senate does have their investigative powers. They choose not to use those, and as far as I'm concerned traumatized this woman more so. They are responsible for that. That alone doesn't show care for her at all.

Remember they have already done a background check on him six times already. Chances are very good they have already spoken to Mark Judge - also other friends, family, teachers, religious leaders, etc. That is standard procedure of this background check.

The only thing that maybe knocked down is the many allegations - and speculation about Mark Judge that would have to be walked back. There have been some doozies floating around. Chances are many of the media outlets won't mention it if they have to - or it will be a side note. Then continue to use it in commentary later on. They have done this for years. It's pitiful. Remember this type of dynamic happened way before Trump - or this circumstance, etc.

Alleged facts are debunked and they keep repeating it anyway - the media dynamic in question.

The only one I have heard about is a past roommate from College. No doubt more have come out since then, because that is how this works in recent history. People love to join the bandwagon.

The college room mate that spoke out against him came up in the hearing, and Kaungaugh reminded them about the document they viewed behind the scenes - the Senate - and that pretty much stuck down the questioning about that. They stopped because it had information in it about that this person, and conflicts he had in college - and the Dems choose at that point to NOT air it.

Notice the media didn't choose to bring that point home?! Instead they keep bringing him up. That makes things confusing to say the least.

Choir boys - as the stereotype goes - don't admit things he did under oath. Just another item that isn't hammered home in the commentaries about this circumstance. They labeled him so they could tear their own stereotype down. They do this all the time with other circumstances too. That part has driven me crazy for years about the news media. It's irresponsible, but it hands them rating and money due to the competitive nature of their field.

Well, no offense the way they went about this made me question their motives. Again they could have done their due diligence for this woman - and choose not too. You also have wonder WHY that is. Yet, no one does. They just guess about people not caring instead. The individuals in this committee are the ones that didn't care. You notice they avoid that discussion.

The GOP also went out of their way to accommodate her, and we learned from the hearing that she had no idea that they offered to fly out to CA to do the interview if she felt more comfortable doing so. You notice her lawyers didn't even mention that to her - which is crazy since they are the ones that complained she didn't like flying. This came up during the hearing too. She was taken back, because she had no idea they made the offer.

That makes no sense to me at all. WHY would her lawyers force her to fly to a hearing when they didn't have too? You don't bring up a concern, and they blow off the solution for your client.

It's Feinstein - with an F. The problem is when no one that was allegedly there will change their stories? Remember NONE of them - including her friends - say they were at this party. I'm not sure how far they can go with it. I do believe something happened to her, but I also know that trauma can do funny things to you. It's not unusual that things to seem completely clear, and they end up not being so. The brain can do funny things when in protective mode. They can also remember things that you are surprised they remember in such detail. What I saw was a broken woman, and I do believe she believes what she is saying. No one in this hearing went into the dynamics of trauma, and they should have. It's not like this isn't well documented.

I also don't know what will happen to this country if this investigation comes back with nothing. That's a very good possibility, and no one goes there. Responsible journalism - would.

They keep bringing up Anita Hill, and yet her charges came back unfounded. That was after the FBI investigation. Her claims were a federal crime, because they allegedly happened on federal grounds - building, etc. Bad example! Notice they only bring up 1/2 that investigation, and tread lightly on the conclusions. To me that is highly irresponsible, because they are not mentioning the high possibility it could happen again. You and I both know people are going to go nutters if it does.

There are worse holes with the current stories in the media about additional women.

Friend that's a lot of argument simply to avoid a week additional before a senate vote. One additional week isn't going to make much difference and it is an example of erring on the side of caution.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Robin Mauro

Sep 11, 2018
North San Juan
✟27,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I read about half of that Hannah, and will read the rest of it later. Not to be disrespectful, just burned out on the whole thing right now.
My statements did not contradict. I believe her. You obviously believe him, so your point is somewhat null. I believe her, but have no way of knowing for sure. That is why further investigation is needed.
Anytime allegations are made, including new allegations, further investigation is needed.
A written statement is no where near the same as actually being questioned.
You did not answer my question. Why are they so eager to believe him and push this through? For political reasons, obviously, just as you ate accusing the Dems of, but bottom line is her testimony, not what the Dems did or did not do.
His testimony was not credible. He deflected the questions, went on attack...the best defense is a good offense.
Obviiously, you have made up your mind, completely, that he is innocent. So I have to ask myself why? Is it also for political reasons?
What if she is telling the truth?
Do you really not care that she was assaulted? You claim you do, but everything you are focusing on shows that you really don't.
The most important thing is God knows. And one day there will be justice, whether in this life or the next. The truth will be shouted from the mountain tops.
I get my news mainly from publically funded radio. I have found them to be the most credible news source throughout my life. That is why I did not hear anyone call him guilty until right after the last time I wtote. It was a rape advocate who said it, but typically, there is only a demand for further investigation. I agree this is needed.
If these accusations are true, does that even matter to you? Do you want a man who sexually assaults women on the supreme court?
If you voted for Trump, and continue to support him, which I suspect you do, since Trump admitted to sexual assault,
as a Christian, you should have a big problem with that. And you cannot rationally claim he didn't. Because no man of God would brag about grabbing women he just met and does not know, in the private parts. That is sexual assault, and that is the opposite of Christ, and yet you continue to support him don't you, for political reasons?
That is a rhetorical question.
You have already made it quite clear where you stand, and we will obviously never agree.
So, let us pray that the truth rise, and, and that the Lord's will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
And yes, I know it is Feinstein, my auto correct on my phone does not want to recognize the name.
Can we please end this conversation now?
I am quite heartbroken over this whole thing, especially when I hear even women, automatically defend a man accused of sexual assault, and as I see it, not really caring what is actually true.
May our Lord Christ lead us into all truth,
God bless you Hannah,
Robin

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟449,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I read about half of that Hannah, and will read the rest of it later. Not to be disrespectful, just burned out on the whole thing right now.
My statements did not contradict. I believe her. You obviously believe him, so your point is somewhat null. I believe her, but have no way of knowing for sure. That is why further investigation is needed.
Anytime allegations are made, including new allegations, further investigation is needed.
You did not answer my question. Why are they so eager to believe him and push this through? For political reasons, obviously, just as you ate accusing the Dems of, but bottom line is her testimony, not what the Dems did or did not do.
His testimony was not credible. He deflected the questions, went on attack...the best defense is a good offense.
Obviiously, you have made up your mind, completely, that he is innocent. So I have to ask myself why? Is it also for political reasons?
Do you really not care that she was assaulted? You claim you do, but everything you are focusing on shows that you really don't.
The most important thing is God knows. And one day there will be justice, whether in this life or the next. The truth will be shouted from the mountain tops.
I get my news mainly from publically funded radio. I have found them to be the most credible news source throughout my life. That is why I did not hear anyone call him guilty until right after the last time I wtote. It was a rape advocate who said it, but typically, there is only a demand for further investigation. I agree this is needed.
If these accusations are true, does that even matter to you? Do you want a man who sexually assaults women on the supreme court?
If you voted for Trump, and continue to support him, which I suspect you do, since Trump admitted to sexual assault,
as a Christian, you should have a big problem with that. And you cannot rationally claim he didn't. Because no man of God would brag about grabbing women he just met and does not know, in the private parts. That is sexual assault, and that is the opposite of Christ, and yet you continue to support him don't you, for political reasons?
You have already made it quite clear where you stand, and we will obviously never agree.
So, let us pray that the truth rise, and, and that the Lord's will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
And yes, I know it is Feinstein, my auto correct on my phone does not want to recognize the name.
I am quite heartbroken over this whole thing, especially when I hear even women, automatically defend a man accused of sexual assault, and as I see it, not really caring what is actually true.
God bless you Hannah,
Robin
I don't believe anyone until there is some evidence. Further investigation could have either years ago or happened months ago when she reported it to a Senator, who sat on it. The timing is just too convenient, that it must be investigated right now, so that he cannot be confirmed.

It definitely matters if it is true, or even if he can be shown to be lying. That is why it is so critical for someone to come forth with some evidence about this party. If it didn't happen, she's lying. If it did, and he can be placed there, when he said no party happened, then he is lying. Who drove her home? That person could answer so much.

Upvote 0

Robin Mauro

Sep 11, 2018
North San Juan
✟27,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps that's because the topic of this thread IS men being falsely accused. I highly doubt anyone here is apathetic to rape, as you have alluded to. You're dangerously close to bearing false witness here.
Oh please, we would not be talking about being falsely accuse, had there not been sexual assault allegations first

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HannahT

Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟458,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God bless you Hannah,
Robin

You know nothing about me or my experiences in life. So, you attempting to discredit me as a human due to our disagreement over this really says more about you - than me.

Please don't preach to me about being a proper Christian - how one is to believe in order to prove it to you. I don't need to prove anything to you. You clearly don't wish to hear any other opinion but your own, and your assumptions about me shows that.

Your not the only one heart broken over this. I'm trying to keep an open mind, and your bearing false witness against me because you can't handle it. It's also quite heartbreaking that women automatically believe something without looking into it further. You see - I didn't automatically believe him. I waited - unlike you it seems. I still have questions where you seem to have stamped guilty already. I struggle with both of them, and your ready to ship him off to hell.

Your accusations against me doesn't show any civility that the bible would ask of you. Waiting for facts prior to making up your mind against anyone? Biblical response as well. So, please spare me the excuses about how I don't care about truth.

Sadly, in this environment truth isn't going to be surfacing any time soon it seems. It will in the heaven, but not here. In the meantime, people are to busy playing the telephone game in real life. Its very dangerous to both parties - Ford and Kavanaugh and their families - but some for evil purposes I believe some feel it's worth it. I have feeling its those inside the Beltway Bubble, and their lobbyists - are on top of the pile. The rest are just casualties of this circus.

• Winner
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Newtheran

Sep 10, 2018
South
✟26,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I suspect that giving Ford the benefit of the doubt and even saying that this is a case of mistaken identity is a bit too much.

An individual who just happens to run the CIA internship program at her school doesn't simply just sit on a matter that has traumatized them for a lifetime only for it to be revealed after the close of confirmation hearings of a potential supreme court justice without critical details like locations, dates, and times with the supposed corroborating witnesses denying her story. That person then also does not go on to suddenly develop a fear of flying that did not prevent her from flying to Hawaii for four years for college, or seriously considering a move to New Zealand following the election of President Donald Trump.

In other words, after examining what can be objectively known about this matter - not he said, she said - I conclude that this is a political hit by a politically savvy liar against a Christian husband and father who by all accounts has led an exemplary life as an adult.

Do I think rape is a serious crime? Of course. Do I think rapists should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law? Of course, and rape should probably be a capital offense. Do I believe that women who have been assaulted have a responsibility to not only to help themselves by seeking immediate medical attention but to help society help them by filing charges and cooperating with the prosecution of a rapist in a reasonable amount of time? Yes I do. Do I particularly care about a supposed assault that a woman supposedly suffered over three decades ago - or any crime for that matter where the supposed victim did absolutely nothing to see justice done in the intervening period? No, not really.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Newtheran

Sep 10, 2018
South
✟26,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1c70f888-1cd9-4b28-8783-7cff9ce4c576.png

4eb142c8-cb73-4478-9085-6ebf1389e5de.png

a26055ec-e8a1-426b-8f50-453218129bf1.png

709871e7-f180-4f9a-a42a-1b2915a2ed5e.png

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.