Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
After I read the story entitled, “Methodist Churches Converting To ‘Virtual Mosques’ For Muslim Migrants,” I spent much of the day in mild shock. I couldn’t believe what was going on inside of a Christian denomination whose founding was so deeply influenced by the great man John Wesley.

I had to know what Methodists thought of this. Surely they didn’t go along with it. At least not all of them or even a majority of them. My assumption, and hope, was that it was a very small minority of Methodists who thought that having worship of Allah in their building was an appropriate, God-honoring event. How could they think their church should double as a church and a Mosque? Surely they had not lost their way and could see how apostate and foreign such a thing was to Christianity and the New Testament. Surely this was just one man who had been led astray or who was seeking his 10 minutes of fame.

So I took to the phones, contacting my Methodist friends to ask their thoughts. Here are some of their reactions and concerns. CONTINUED AT Methodists Fearful of Islamification of Their Churches - Resistance Feed

Reactions: Paul Yohannan

DawnStar

Pragmatist
Nov 27, 2014
✟37,814.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
  • Winner
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because scaremongering is political, not denomination specific?
Except the OP posted this:
I had to know what Methodists thought of this. Surely they didn’t go along with it. At least not all of them or even a majority of them. My assumption, and hope, was that it was a very small minority of Methodists who thought that having worship of Allah in their building was an appropriate, God-honoring event.
If he wanted to know what Methodists thought, why not ask on their home turf?

Upvote 0

LadyCrosstalk

Aug 19, 2006
✟30,242.00
Faith
Christian
After I read the story entitled, “Methodist Churches Converting To ‘Virtual Mosques’ For Muslim Migrants,” I spent much of the day in mild shock. I couldn’t believe what was going on inside of a Christian denomination whose founding was so deeply influenced by the great man John Wesley.

I had to know what Methodists thought of this. Surely they didn’t go along with it. At least not all of them or even a majority of them. My assumption, and hope, was that it was a very small minority of Methodists who thought that having worship of Allah in their building was an appropriate, God-honoring event. How could they think their church should double as a church and a Mosque? Surely they had not lost their way and could see how apostate and foreign such a thing was to Christianity and the New Testament. Surely this was just one man who had been led astray or who was seeking his 10 minutes of fame.

So I took to the phones, contacting my Methodist friends to ask their thoughts. Here are some of their reactions and concerns. CONTINUED AT Methodists Fearful of Islamification of Their Churches - Resistance Feed

Serves them right for being apostate from the true faith. The true faith has the Bible as the foundation for faith and the practice of it. The last time I was in a Methodist "church" (went to a wedding) the female "pastor" was going on and on about the "Goddess Sophia" during her sermon. I almost got up and walked out, but I didn't want to offend the wedding hosts.

I was raised in a United Methodist church but wasn't born again until I went to an evangelical church. Jesus told us that we must be "born again from above" to enter the Kingdom of God and mentions entering heaven in the same context. This new "Islamification" indignity is really nothing, compared to the failure of the many, many Methodist churches which have not preached the truth for decades.

Reactions: Caminator
Upvote 0

LadyCrosstalk

Aug 19, 2006
✟30,242.00
Faith
Christian

It is not "scaremongering" if you know the history of Islam. It is completely incompatible with Western democracy. Why do you think early American leaders were always wary of taking "Mohammedans" as immigrants? They do not assimilate--they eventually take over where their numbers grow beyond a point when they can take over. Immigration without assimilation is invasion. It is foolish to maintain anything else.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

In a town near me, Muslims have prayer in the Methodist Church. How is that even possible?

Upvote 0

LadyCrosstalk

Aug 19, 2006
✟30,242.00
Faith
Christian
In a town near me, Muslims have prayer in the Methodist Church. How is that even possible?

I call it the "spirit of Hezekah" which has taken over these churches--a spirit that blinds them to the idiocy of their actions. The prophet Isaiah basically informed the naive King Hezekiah (see 2 Kings 20:12-19 and/or Isaiah 39) that it was sheer lunacy to invite the Babylonian delegation into the palace and show them the wealth of Judah. Isaiah then prophesied that all of the wealth Hezekiah had proudly displayed would be carried away to Babylon and the King's sons would become eunuchs in the palace of the King of Babylon.

• Agree
Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I call it the "spirit of Hezekah" which has taken over these churches--a spirit that blinds them to the idiocy of their actions. The prophet Isaiah basically informed the naive King Hezekiah (see 2 Kings 20 and/or Isaiah 39) that it was sheer lunacy to invite the Babylonian delegation into the palace and show them the wealth of Judah. Isaiah then prophesied that all of the wealth Hezekiah had proudly displayed would be carried away to Babylon and the King's sons would become eunuchs in the palace of the King of Babylon.

With the OT we have a history of thousands of years worth of Israel doing such things, but obvious some don't learn from history.

"Now these things happened to them as an example, but they were written down for our instruction, on whom the end of the ages has come." (1 Corinthians 10:11)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LadyCrosstalk

Aug 19, 2006
✟30,242.00
Faith
Christian
With the OT we have a history of thousands of years worth of Israel doing such things, but obvious some don't learn from history. It will not go well for them.

Indeed. But then, most Methodist churches have been apostate for some time. Apostasy leads to being conquered. One can see many such examples in the history of the Israelites contained in the OT.

Upvote 0

Unit 11

Nov 19, 2016
New England
✟9,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I read that Geller story--woah! Inflammatory much? Then I searched for a "second opinion" and found one:

https://juicyecumenism.com/2016/12/08/false-news-claim-of-methodistislamist-convergence/

This article says in part:
Meanwhile a Waco local TV station investigated the story and found no evidence to support the colorful claims that a Waco church was potentially a tool for Islamicizing churches. “You can’t believe everything that you read,” the church’s new pastor is quoted in response. “I’ve just never heard anything like that before.” An elderly church member who says he hasn’t missed church in five years reports never hearing any sermon like what PamelaGeller.com claimed.

Someone's even connected it with Hillary Clinton ^_^. At this time in our history, it seems like everything is either her fault or Trump's.

Upvote 0

patdee

Sep 20, 2016
Duluth, Georgia
✟23,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It is not only happening to the "Methodist" church. ALL churches will HAVE to decide what they want to do with "islam" in the future.

Most WILL capitulate and give in to them. This of course pleases satan to no end.

A true Christian MUST obey Jesus in this context. IE:

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

The secular and atheistic world; not to mention the satan-led, Godless liberal world; would "judge" Jesus to be "racist, "hate-filled", "islamaphobic", etc, and etc, for this commandment. Oh indeed yes.

But as Christians we MUST obey if we fear his wrath; when we disobey him. For Jesus KNOWS what will happen IF we cave in to amalgamating with the "non" believer.

For they WILL (over time) infiltrate our minds and we too will leave the true and ONLY faith in the real God; and engage in worshiping all manner of "false" gods and "false prophets". IE:

Deuteronomy 7:3 Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.

Deuteronomy 7:4 For they will turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the LORD be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly.

However, when a True Christian stands his ground, we will always, without fail, fulfill Jesus' words, when He said,

Luke 21:17 And ye shall be hated of all men (includes the entire world) for my name's sake.

In other words: Cave into worldly demands, including "Political Correctness" and become popular; OR be beholden to Jesus (God manifest IN the flesh-1 Timothy 3:16*) and be hated by ALL.

There are NO other options. Sadly, MOST will choose to cave in. Only a very few, would rather die than to give into satan's desires through his people.

So take your pick. But beware. If you choose to cave, You WILL be sorely punished by Jesus. Oh indeed yes.

* 1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was "manifest in the flesh", justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LadyCrosstalk

Aug 19, 2006
✟30,242.00
Faith
Christian
Muslims are actually ready converts to Christ IF they are in small enough numbers in a community to be able to safely convert. in larger Muslim communities, they are threatened with severe violence, if they convert to Christ. But it must be a true "born again" conversion or they, like anyone else is apt to revert to pagan-like ways and fall into apostasy.

• Agree
Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0