• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

3. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  4. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  5. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  6. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  7. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Metformin / Glucophage

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Gynecological Issues' started by Genuine, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genuine

Genuine Proudly supporting our troops!

+14
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Recently I saw a new doctor. He decided to start me on Glucophage. Is anyone else taking this?? It's not even been a month yet and already I have noticed a change.

~No more crazy cravings!! I use to have these food cravings all the time - not anymore. I just eat when I'm hungry.

~Weight loss made easier. I lost 25lbs on my own before I started Glucophage and since then I've lost an additional 8lbs (it was much easier this month!!).

Only bad thing is I get these hot flashes that make me feel like I'm melting from the inside out. But no more than 1 or 2 a day. I'm so excited though! The doctor said in the long run I could get pregnant with the help of this drug!!!

Anyone else have any luck with Metformin/Glucophage?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Nobility

Nobility Guest

+0
    Well, I've been on the minimum dosage (250mg) for two weeks now, and as of today I'm moving up to 500mg. I'm supposed to work up to 1000mg, but found I was sick (tummy and that) and got quite a bad rash (which is not ocmmon, but does happen for up to 4 weeks) the first time I tried so doing it slower this time :)

I haven't noticed huge differences yet though, but I suspect my food cravings may be lesser. I wasn't able to take the pill for the PCOS because I got anxiety from it.

3. PastorMikeJ

PastorMikeJ combat veteran

+226
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Others
    I am on it the max dosage..been on it for over a year...it seems to help control my blood sugar levels but I still had to go on insulin...but like I said it helped and mine is the results of exposure to agent orange according to the V.A. keep taking it!!

4. ladyinwaiting16

ladyinwaiting16 The wife of a warrior!!

+17
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    does anyone have any other info on it?

5. Nobility

Nobility Guest

+0
    If you search "metformin PCOS" in google, you will get more results than you could EVER hope to read, but a lot of them are SO helpful with information so I'm going to suggest you try there...

6. ladyinwaiting16

ladyinwaiting16 The wife of a warrior!!

+17
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    thank you I will do that

7. Nobility

Nobility Guest

+0
    Well.. I'm back on it again :) And NO RASH!!

I'm pleased about that at least :) Well... I'm sort of on it. I've not been very regular about taking it so far though...

8. solomonswolf

solomonswolf New Member

+0
    Catholic
    Private
    US-Others
    Have been on it for the past 5 years and went off this past month. Initially I lost 50lbs in a month and a half, hormones (ecluding insulin) went down to normal, and I felt so much better. Since then my body has worked up a tolerance and the medication has ceased to work. Cravings came back, hormones went wonky, and almost all my weight has been put back on. Bariatric surgery here I come!

I was on 2000mg a day for all of those 5 years. Definately take the medication consistently. Not doing so can screw up your body terribly. Because of my high dose I would get terrible diarrhea if I stopped then started up again. Also make sure you take the meds with a decent amount of food. I always got terrible cramps if I didn't eat enough or waited too long after eating to take it.

One thing to watch if you lose a lot of weight with metformin: gallstones. After I dropped the initial 50 lbs I began having periods of throwing up in the middle of the night. It went from once a month, to once every couple weeks, to once a week, then everyday before I was admitted to the ER with pancreatitis and in dire need of gallbladder removal. If you have pain below the breast area that feels like a lady with long nails clawing your insides out or pain on the right side of your abdomen followed by vomiting go to the ER IMMEDIATELY.

9. super_gurl_1987

super_gurl_1987 Newbie

+0
    Christian
    Married
    Hey there. Wanted to let you know i had really good luck with metformin. my husband and i have been trying to have a baby for almost two years and we could never figure out why i wasnt getting pregnant turns out i have pcos. I started taking metformin and a month later i got pregnant! We lost the baby - but i ran out of the medicine 4 weeks into my pregnancy and my doctor ( midwife ) and i are not on such good terms and she wouldnt refill my meds. I started losing weight - lost like 15 lbs in a month which was really exciting for me and i started to feel semi normal. I dont even know what that is anymore. But just thought i would let you know i works well for me when i am on it

10. lovesdolphins

lovesdolphins New year, new me, new baby????

+819
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    I've been on it almost a year now; I haven't lot a lot of weight, but I have lost some.

I'm on the max dosage; I just hope that one of these days I'll get pregnant.

11. darknowhere

darknowhere Newbie

+4
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I'm not much help because I just started taking metformin yesterday for PCOS but I haven't noticed any side effects yet.

12. Caitlin.ann

Caitlin.ann Well-Known Member Supporter

+381
    Unitarian
    Private
    US-Democrat
    I just started it.
    I've had worse cravings but I've lost weight easier. I'm currently on 500mg daily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.