Beijing China
✟170,549.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
In Beijing China, I met a church which liked Hebrew Root Movement. They had some styles of Hebrew ritual, but quite like charismatic church. Some of them thought speaking strange tongues and imitating Israeli dancing meant “Being filled with Holy Spirit”. But in my opinion it is not. Imitating Jewish can make some people more like vain glory but not true circumcision in heart.

But Hebrew Root Movement in China should be encouraged, though it has many problems. The knowledge about Jewish is spreading fast in China.

upload_2020-12-26_16-35-4.png

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
In Beijing China, I met a church which liked Hebrew Root Movement. They had some styles of Hebrew ritual, but quite like charismatic church. Some of them thought speaking strange tongues and imitating Israeli dancing meant “Being filled with Holy Spirit”. But in my opinion it is not. Imitating Jewish can make some people more like vain glory but not true circumcision in heart.

But Hebrew Root Movement in China should be encouraged, though it has many problems. The knowledge about Jewish is spreading fast in China.

View attachment 291781

That's awesome about the Bride learning about the Groom!

Remember what Ruth said, "But Ruth replied, "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." (Ruth 1:16)

She is making Herself ready!

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
It may be mangled a bit, but isn't that everywhere. The difference is how far down the narrow path have they gone. God is calling, and people are hearing and turning from their worldly ways to live in Him. Shedding sins known and unknown is a process. Gather together to grow together is a beautiful thing. May their leader always pray for enlightenment and be lead by His Spirit in all matters.

• Useful
Reactions: Yusuphhai
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟776,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They had some styles of Hebrew ritual, but quite like charismatic church. Some of them thought speaking strange tongues and imitating Israeli dancing meant “Being filled with Holy Spirit”. But in my opinion it is not. Imitating Jewish can make some people more like vain glory but not true circumcision in heart.

Unfortunately that style of worship is very common in the Messianic Movement all over, even here in the USA. Personally I have found it to be more prevalent in congregations with less actual Jewish people. But then, most Jewish people would probably be turned off by that type of congregation. I don't care for it myself.

• Agree
Upvote 0

GedaliahMaegil

Messianic Ger Toshav - not christian
Jun 19, 2020
California
Visit site
✟71,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It may be mangled a bit, but isn't that everywhere. The difference is how far down the narrow path have they gone. God is calling, and people are hearing and turning from their worldly ways to live in Him. Shedding sins known and unknown is a process. Gather together to grow together is a beautiful thing. May their leader always pray for enlightenment and be lead by His Spirit in all matters.

Central in a Messianic synagogue worth its salt are ( a ) the Torah service and ( b ) the affirmation of Yeshua as Messiah. These form a grounding for what will rightly stem from them. From both Tanakh and the B'rit Chadashah, we have Torot on how to accord ourselves in a time where we do not have a physical Beit HaMiqdash. Strong Rabbanim and Zakenim help to properly guide and serve a congregation, while pointing ultimately to `Adon Yeshua as the Head and HaBen-Elohim. Also distinctive of Messianic synagogue is the same type of thing that is distinctive of a non-Messianic synagogue, which is the strong sense of community. All have a part to play, and there really isn't a place for complacency, because it is a Jewish trait to evaluate a person by what he does rather than what he says he believes.

Acknowledging the people that these things were given to is something that ought not be neglected. If a Messianic synagogue just resembles another church, it's failed in its purpose, as it is supposed to serve as a light to the nations rather than a light of the nations. Being a Hebrew is, at the core, being distinct from the world, and those who join with Hebrews ought to have a commonality in the nation/commonwealth into which they have been grafted, being assimilated into the Messianic faith rather than attempting to assimilate it into something more reflective of the world.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Central is a Messianic synagogue worth its salt are ( a ) the Torah service and ( b ) the affirmation of Yeshua as Messiah. These form a grounding for what will rightly stem from them. From both Tanakh and the B'rit Chadashah, we have Torot on how to accord ourselves in a time where we do not have a physical Beit HaMiqdash. Strong Rabbanim and Zakenim help to properly guide and serve a congregation, while pointing ultimately to `Adon Yeshua as the Head and HaBen-Elohim. Also distinctive of Messianic synagogue is the same type of thing that is distinctive of a non-Messianic synagogue, which is the strong sense of community. All have a part to play, and there really isn't a place for complacency, because it is a Jewish trait to evaluate a person by what he does rather than what he says he believes.

Acknowledging the people that these things were given to is something that ought not be neglected. If a Messianic synagogue just resembles another church, it's failed in its purpose, as it is supposed to serve as a light to the nations rather than a light of the nations. Being a Hebrew is, at the core, being distinct from the world, and those who join with Hebrews ought to have a commonality in the nation/commonwealth into which they have been grafted, being assimilated into the Messianic faith rather than attempting to assimilate it into something more reflective of the world.
Father saw the prodigal son from afar, and with open arms welcomed him home.

Upvote 0