Messianic Judaism?

A

annier

Easy G (G²);62128900 said:
If I may ask, are you coming from non-liturgical background? Or are you coming from a liturgical background in another area and wanted to see something else?
I was raised Roman Catholic. But my father really resented vatican 2. So he quit attending for a long time, during my formative years. So, I was not confirmed, nor partook of my first communion. When I was a young adult, I became protestant. Resented Catholicism like ALOT OF EX'S. Eventually attended a Messianic shul for quite a few years, until "one law" seemed to be taking over the movement, and defining what "messianic" meant. I simply desired fellowship with Jews, and enjoyed it for a time. But when the arguing started, somethings came to light for me anyway. Most were not "Jews" etc, etc "two house" and on and on.
Annier.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I was raised Roman Catholic. But my father really resented vatican 2. So he quit attending for a long time, during my formative years. So, I was not confirmed, nor partook of my first communion. When I was a young adult, I became protestant. Resented Catholicism like ALOT OF EX'S. Eventually attended a Messianic shul for quite a few years, until "one law" seemed to be taking over the movement, and defining what "messianic" meant. I simply desired fellowship with Jews, and enjoyed it for a time. But when the arguing started, somethings came to light for me anyway. Most were not "Jews" etc, etc "two house" and on and on.
Annier.
The arguing aspect that has happened in a number of Messianic fellowships is indeed unfortunate - though it thankfully is not something that has to occur and many fellowships do what they need to in order to address it properly so that others are able to truly fellowship as the scriptures intended. As it concerns what you noted on the Catholic dynamic, it is indeed a trip seeing how many resent all things Catholic as ex's ...and that is something that's not necessary.

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Easy G (G²);62127527 said:
There are definately a lot of interesting views about the shepherds and their identity...as there are others who speak here of the Shepherds as those which tended the temple flock.

I definately think that the theory of the shepherds tending royal sheep/lambs for sacrifice is more than plausible....

This is what I originally reckoned CM was referring to. That's exactly why I said "2 + 2" perspective. One sentence, sheesh.....

Yep, you're both on the right track!

Upvote 0

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship

Hi CM, what I asked, in case you missed it (it was only 1 short sentence/question) is - is there anything in scripture that actually points in that direction, not just simply looking at the obvious 2 + 2 perspective?

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Would be good if folks were actually able to go back in time and see for themselves...similar to what you'd see in older series on the Bible coming to life like Superbook. :) And curious as to what you had as reference for your own views on the matter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Easy G (G²);62130743 said:
Would be good if folks were actually able to go back in time and see for themselves...and curious as to what you had as reference for your own views on the matter.

Wouldn't that be a trip to write home about?!?!?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums