Messianic Judaism

Sep 30, 2011
✟15,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I find you folks fascinating. You are perhaps the most true and direct heirs to Christ Yahshua's teachings and ministries - did he not come, after all, to (among other reasons) reform Judaism? I think that Messianic Jews represent the realization of this intent. What do you think? If I had my way I'd be a "Jew for Jesus". I've been thinking that to accomplish this goal I might convert to Judaism and then back to Christianity! :blush:

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
I find you folks fascinating. You are perhaps the most true and direct heirs to Christ Yahshua's teachings and ministries - did he not come, after all, to (among other reasons) reform Judaism? I think that Messianic Jews represent the realization of this intent. What do you think? If I had my way I'd be a "Jew for Jesus". I've been thinking that to accomplish this goal I might convert to Judaism and then back to Christianity! :blush:

That's what Paul was so busy talking about and why he's so misunderstood today. There is NO NEED to convert to Judaism to be a believer in the Messiah. He is what was promised to Abraham that would bless all nations, if they will only choose to receive.

To do such a thing, convert to Judaism to switch again touo Christianity would be a very dishonest thing. If I'm not mistaken, one must renounce any and all spiritual allegiances in the formal conversion process. And you would be swearing this oath in God's name - could you do this knowing it wouldn't be true? Is that something that you could easily rationalize and justify? I couldn't.

Instead why don't you just join us, we are Jews and Gentiles here in Messianic Judaism forums. We are all members of the same family of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob! There's room for many more! :groupray:

Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I've been thinking that to accomplish this goal I might convert to Judaism and then back to Christianity! :blush:

!חס וחלילה

Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That's what Paul was so busy talking about and why he's so misunderstood today. There is NO NEED to convert to Judaism to be a believer in the Messiah. He is what was promised to Abraham that would bless all nations, if they will only choose to receive.

To do such a thing, convert to Judaism to switch again touo Christianity would be a very dishonest thing. If I'm not mistaken, one must renounce any and all spiritual allegiances in the formal conversion process. And you would be swearing this oath in God's name - could you do this knowing it wouldn't be true? Is that something that you could easily rationalize and justify? I couldn't.

Instead why don't you just join us, we are Jews and Gentiles here in Messianic Judaism forums. We are all members of the same family of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob! There's room for many more! :groupray:

+1 :)

Upvote 0

anisavta

Never Forget!
May 25, 2008
Too far away from Jerusalem
✟16,693.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Yeshua came to redeem and teach us how to walk out Torah (G~d's instructions). To switch from one religion to another and then back will only frustrate you (not to mention everyone else!). Just read the Words of Yeshua and follow Him.

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Being Jewish will gain you no special or extra favour with God. Just relax, be yourself and try to live out the Gospel in your life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
To switch from one religion to another and then back will only frustrate you (not to mention everyone else!).
Plus it would be pointless anyway. A "conversion" to Judaism such as that
would be invalid. As Contra says, being a Jew doesn't gain you anything
extra.:)

Upvote 0

Desert Rose

Sep 1, 2009
✟9,569.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been thinking that to accomplish this goal I might convert to Judaism and then back to Christianity! :blush:
^_^
....sלסגור את המעגל
,so to speak :)
in the spirit of your joke ...

-Rabbi,I want to get married
-Great, it will complete you.
- But what if wife will be unkind or nagging?
- You are right, then dont.
- But she is from respectable family and has good parents.
- Then go ahead and marry.
- What if it doesnt work out, we divorce, she takes all I have?
- Hm.. good point. dont marry yet.
- But I am lonely being single and...
(Rabbi interrupts and points his finger out of the window to a church across the street)
Yitzik! I have a solution for you. Convert to Christianity.
- O_O Whaaaaat?but why, Rabbi...
- So you go there and annoy the pastor with your questions,not me!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Desert Rose

Sep 1, 2009
✟9,569.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
(Trying to get serious here) But as others mentioned, offcial conversion to Judaism is extremely hard.
We have a member of Knesset - do you know what Knesset is? As acidmouth jokers radioshow hosts like to say, it's like a pair of pants,only it has 120 asses in it, not one, and.. (i can pm the rest per request, its not appropriate for family oriented forum)

Where was I? Ok, Knesset member, Anastasia Mihaeli, a married woman with 8 (!) children. Was forced to marry her husband the second time ,so its done according to halachic traditions, just to make guiyr (it's a conversion procedure,can be a real freak show) valid. At the time of marriage they already had 3 children. just to give you a small taste, on a fork's edge,so to speak, of what fun conversion can be ;)

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Anastasia Mihaeli, a married woman with 8 (!) children. Was forced to marry her husband the second time ,so its done according to halachic traditions, just to make guiyr (it's a conversion procedure,can be a real freak show) valid. At the time of marriage they already had 3 children. just to give you a small taste, on a fork's edge,so to speak, of what fun conversion can be ;)

That's normal. Anyone who converts (who is already married to a Jew or who has a spouse also converting) or
who "upgrades" their conversion generally remarries their spouse to make
it a valid marriage. I have a friend who has married her same husband at
least four times. I also know various couples where both were Jews but
got remarried in an Orthodox ceremony when they became frum.

I think most religious institutions would want their members married in
a way that meets the obligations of the faith.

Upvote 0

zaksmummy

Jul 6, 2007
Chesterfield
✟10,866.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
That's normal. Anyone who converts (who is already married to a Jew or who has a spouse also converting) or
who "upgrades" their conversion generally remarries their spouse to make
it a valid marriage. I have a friend who has married her same husband at
least four times. I also know various couples where both were Jews but
got remarried in an Orthodox ceremony when they became frum.

I think most religious institutions would want their members married in
a way that meets the obligations of the faith.

I just dont get this, if you are married, you are married, its as valid as the day you said your vows, isnt it? Isnt it more important that you have honoured your vows in the first place, where ever you said them?

Please explain, if Im missing something

Upvote 0

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
From what I understand when one converts to Judaism and undergoes the mikveh, they come out of the waters a "new creature" old things have passed away (including all ties that bind to the "other" dead life). I could be wrong.....

Upvote 0

anisavta

Never Forget!
May 25, 2008
Too far away from Jerusalem
✟16,693.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Everyone is attracted to the glamor of - whatever. Shiny colors!!
Novelties wear off however and then you're stuck with the everyday and the stuff they don't tell you when you first sign up.
When the Amish novelty sprung up - fiction books showed up on bookshelves, TV movies came out. People were drawn to the "peaceful life". But "they" didn't go into the hard controlling life on the other side of the camera and pen.
Judaism looks great - lots of food, dancing, singing yada yada but it's no different in it's inconsistencies than Christianity. Same people - different outfits.

Reactions: Desert Rose
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ani's got it right. All groups have their "shiny" and they all have their greys and blacks. All. I personally think that it will be found somewhere between the blacks of Judaism and the blacks of RCC which the protestants held onto. Will we ever "find" it? I hope so...

Upvote 0

Desert Rose

Sep 1, 2009
✟9,569.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have a friend who has married her same husband at
least four times.
4 times,and she kept marrying the same guy?
some people just dont learn from their mistakes, do they?

Joking aside, of course its common, even i didnt know orhtodoxs bother with that in US, where, God bless America, you have normal civil marriage.
Just pointing out that conversion is a difficult process and time/energy consuming.

Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
would've created tons of confusion nowadays, right, Visie? :D Almost the entire senior class of an average american public highschool would be married by using that criterion

Just American, eh?

Upvote 0