✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've asked others who post more than once here, so here goes:
Could you PLEASE just type out whatever words you'd like to use? The large majority of folks here really can read properly transliterated words, many can even read the Hebo-rew with vowels and some can read Hebrew without the vowel markings.
If you truly think you're audience does not know the words - THEN DON'T use them. (It doesn't make you more spiritual, it just makes for silliness.)
Th-ose lo-o-ng wri-ten out TRANS-lit-er-A-she-ons are VE-ry DIF-i-cult to reed.
Todah rabbah!!

Agreed.

I think that kind of writing is indicative of a religious malfunction, to be honest. It's strange what religious beliefs can do to a person's ability to be sane and normal.

Upvote 0
Jun 25, 2011
✟7,633.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
SAW-ree!! I'm so used to the up-a-cliff struggle to get Christians to understand the innate Jewishness of the faith that I have grown used to that "format". I've grown to not like very much the WASP Republican American Jesus, that when I put Him in His own culture, the goyim fritz out and look at me like I'm talking Klingon. I hate the satan for ousting our Savior's Jewishness from the faith.

Upvote 0

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
:wave: No need to worry here. Also here is a very good place to check out information you get, check meanings of Hebrew words against Greek words and their English equivalents (we got several who are fluent or close to fluent in all 3!!).
Whatever Hebrew word/phrase makes you smile, just go ahead with the normal transliteration. If we don't understand it, we're big kids now and know how to ask, "Huh?" :D

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
the WASP Republican American Jesus
Where did that come from? Jesus was a Republican???

the goyim fritz out
Are you halachaly Jewish (Jewish mother)?
If not, is "goyim" appropriate to use?
Actually, I don't think it's appropriate in any case in this forum.

Upvote 0

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's no doubt in reference to how your basic Republican, white, middle/upper class Bible belt Christian views and relates to Jesus. In pictures depicting him - he looks more like a Steve than a Yeshua.

Oh I thought most of the bible belt was in the south - wouldn't he look more like a Bubba than a Steve?

Upvote 0

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
It could be Stevie Ray- gotta have two first names, you know.

They're gonna be expecting a Stevie Ray or a Billie Bob and they're gonna get more than a Moshe!! Like to see it happen!! Talk about being blown away, speechless, dumbfounded - poor Reps.

Upvote 0

anisavta

Never Forget!
May 25, 2008
Too far away from Jerusalem
✟16,693.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
You've seen the pictures. Light brown silky long hair. Slight Tony wave. Thin wispy mustache, long perfectly straight nose. Short beard parted in the middle. Looks like he's done more photo shoots than time spent traipsing around Galilean hills or carpenter shops.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
You've seen the pictures. Light brown silky long hair. Slight Tony wave. Thin wispy mustache, long perfectly straight nose. Short beard parted in the middle. Looks like he's done more photo shoots than time spent traipsing around Galilean hills or carpenter shops.

Don't forget the nice looking sandals, and God forbid there be any dirt in his toenails! and of course, with a lamb under each arm! Oh Ani, we're very naughty!! :D

You know there are bunches of pictures of him clean-shaven, and in some churches it is frowned upon for men to have mustaches and beards!! But folks are still gonna be so surprised to find that He's from the East!!

Upvote 0

Huldah

Oct 25, 2011
Kentucky
✟8,210.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Since the Father has been in all of us since the beginning of time and has heard all our prayers--then he was inside Yeshua from birth.
This is how I think of the trinity---We are all cells of a body(God/Yeshua). This body is run by a head (Yeshua/Jesus) inside of this head is a brain (Father/intelligence). The body would be nothing without the holy life within (Holy Spirit). The flesh (son)--the being (Father/son/holy spirit) and life within (Father,son,holy spirit). Still only one God.It is in this way that mankind is created in the image of God and make up the body of Yeshua. We are just the tiny but intelligent cells that would be nothing without the head/brain/life that operates everything. This is how God is three in one and still all and in all.
GOD'S POINT?--Without our head/brain/life--What are we? DEAD!
KJV--COLOSSIANS 1:15-18--Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature(all life) 16--For by him were ALL things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers; all THINGS were created by him, and for him. 17--And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18--And he is the head of the body the church (Yeshua): who is the firstborn from the dead (Yeshua); that in all things he might have preeminence.
Matthew 11:27-Isaiah 44:6--Ephesians 4:4-6--Isaiah 45:22-23--John 14:7--Luke 17:21--Psalms 139:6-10--Matthew 1:23--Rev. 1:8--Rev 1:17-18
For his eyes are the color of the earth he created. They are blue, green and brown. May the earth bless my God. Thank you Yeshua

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Huldah

Oct 25, 2011
Kentucky
✟8,210.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ephesians 4:14-15--But Speaking The Truth In Love, May Grow Up Into Him In All Things, Which Is The Head, Even Christ: 15--From Whom The Whole body Fitly Joined Together And Compacted By That Which Every Joint Supplieth, According To The Effectual Working In The Measure Of Every Part(cells), Maketh Increase Of The Body Unto Edifying Of Itself In Love.
Colossians 2:19--And Not Holding The Head, From Which All The Body Joints And Bands Having Nourishment Ministered, And Knit Together, Increaseth With The Increase Of God
Romans 12:5--So We, Being Many, Are One Body In Christ, And Every One Members One Of Another
1 Corinthians 12:12-27---12-For As The Body Is One, And Hath Many Members, And All The Members(cells) Of That One Body, Being Many, Are One Body: So Also Is Christ 13--for By One Spirit Are We All Baptized Into One Body, Whether We Be Jews Or Gentiles, Whether We Be Bond Or Free; And Have Been Made To Drink Into One Spirit. 14-- For The Body Is Not One Member, But Many --------

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think most people know and accept that Jesus was a Jew. I don't think there are any "shock revelations" about that ready to hit the Churches.

Technically, in some places, there's the thinking that Yeshua was one who hated his own culture as a self-hating Jew when it comes to trying to divorce much of what Yeshua did from his Jewish heritage. But I do see where you're coming from with shock revelations.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
They didn't happen to mention where they are allowed to Aliyah too in Israel did they?

No disception, Rabbis are allowing Catholic Jews back in Israel. They have a whole retraining school for Jews who had their Judaism stripped away from them by force in the Spanishi inquisition. A name on the list and one remnant tradition is all it takes as far as I can tell. They are kept in a separate area and retrained. At present they are not made to renounce Christ because of the trauma they endured.
They live in a kind of buffer zone from what I can tell.

We have a friend helping educate the Spanish Jews and send them back to Israel. He figures if they get enough irate spanish guys getting bombed they may just fight back and take back te Golan Heights...

bananna

I'd have to see a source for this.

Upvote 0

DWVanKampen

Feb 1, 2012
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,
I am throwing my two cents in with a post that I originally posted at another site. Here it is...

It is very helpful when trying to comprehend the trinity, if we go to the beginning. In Genesis, when God was about to create the first man, He said, "Let us create man in our own image" God is one, but also exists in three different persons. Some may immediately point out that the word "trinity" is not in the Bible, true they are, but just as we see God use the words "our image" when He is about to create Adam, so too the whole universe bears the imprint of the Creator. In Genesis, we see that God made Adam in His image and His likeness. Adam was made in God's image in the sense that Adam was made in body, soul, and spirit. Adam was made in God's likeness in the sense that Adam was made alive in all three, the body, soul, and spirit. So we see God who is one, in three persons in the Bible, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and we see Him make Adam who is one man in three distinct aspects, body, soul, and spirit. Look to creation, the universe declares that God created it, for this three in one aspect abounds everywhere. What does the one universe consist of, three aspects, space, matter, time. What does our one world consist of, three aspects, earth, sky, and sea. What does the animal world consist of, three aspects, land animals, sea animals, flying animals. What does matter consist of, three aspects, solid, liquid, gas. What does one orange consist of, three aspects, the peel, which is the tangible outer layer, the meat or solid interior of the orange, and the liquid or juice. And the list goes on and on. We see God's signature on all of creation.

Now while Adam was made in the image of God, so too we have been made in God's image because we are body, soul, and spirit. But Adam didn't stay in the likeness of God, for when he sinned and ate the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, he died in the spirit, and began to die in the body. So Adam's likeness went from living in all three aspects, body, soul, and spirit, to a state where his soul was alive, but his spirit was dead, and his body was dying. And so every child of Adam since that time has bore Adam's likeness (except the Lord Jesus Christ, who was born alive in all three, being conceived of the Holy Spirit in the virgin Mary). So a person prior to salvation is alive in the soul, dead in the spirit, and dying in the body. So now when we visit the Lord Jesus Christ's words to Nicodemus, they make more sense. "You must be born again" and "that which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which born of the Spirit is spirit" "you must be born again". So when someone believes in the Lord Jesus Christ and His death, burial, and resurrection, that person is immediately quickened (made alive) in their spirit, by the Holy Spirit. So now the status of the believer is, alive in the soul, alive in the spirit, and dying in the body. And then this is why our hope in the Lord Jesus Christ's return is so great, for when He returns and we are resurrected our bodies will be changed into eternal living bodies, so we will be alive in the body, soul, and spirit.

Grace and Peace to you all,
DW from timetoawake.com

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The oldest texual quotes of Mathews 28.19 say "baptise in my name." I think it was in the fourth century that the Catholics decided that Holy Spirit is not a name title for God, but a third person.

a) What were their names?
b) What exact date did it occur?
c) Where are the documents regarding the change and who signed and/or authorized the change?
d) Where was the outcry of the changing of the word of God?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.