Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This can be good if it allows that on this Christian Forum Israel's Messiah is the Lord Jesus, the Christ. That religion was done away (fulfilled) by the Lord at the Cross, as the Bible teaches in the OT and NT. We are now part of the universal Church ("Bride" of Christ), so we don't look back to "Messianic faith". Look up always!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
This can be good if it allows that on this Christian Forum Israel's Messiah is the Lord Jesus, the Christ. That religion was done away (fulfilled) by the Lord at the Cross, as the Bible teaches in the OT and NT. We are now part of the universal Church ("Bride" of Christ). Look up always!
??? I dont get what your saying....why wouldnt an MJ club be about any other Messiah. What religion was done away with?

Upvote 0

Sundown

No title
Apr 17, 2016
U.S.A.
Visit site
✟8,034.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This can be good if it allows that on this Christian Forum Israel's Messiah is the Lord Jesus, the Christ. That religion was done away (fulfilled) by the Lord at the Cross, as the Bible teaches in the OT and NT. We are now part of the universal Church ("Bride" of Christ), so we don't look back to "Messianic faith". Look up always!

Question, are you saying this site does not allow one to state that Israel's Messiah is Yeshua? If so, where can I read this information?

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I noted, the Israelite religion as a type was fulfilled in Christ, and the Church as the "Bride" and one body in Christ, would not be about the promised Messiah, but is all "born again" believers rather than the promises and hope for Israel. Our promise in the Church is the "coming again" of our Redeemer for His "Bride". The thought of a Messiah is not given as for the Church, but was only the hope of Israel in the O.T. as an earthly people. Now the Israelites must become part of the "Bride" by the new birth, or else they have no sacrifice for sin. In the N.T. we are not given to be occupied with messianic hope, but only Jesus (Savior) and life in Him. That should be our study, rather than a messianic hope.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sundown

No title
Apr 17, 2016
U.S.A.
Visit site
✟8,034.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As I noted, the Israelite religion as a type was fulfilled in Christ, and the Church as the "Bride" and one body in Christ, would not be about the promised Messiah, but is all "born again" believers rather than the promises and hope for Israel. Our promise in the Church is the "coming again" of our Redeemer for His "Bride". The thought of a Messiah is not given as for the Church, but was only the hope of Israel in the O.T. as an earthly people. Now the Israelites must become part of the "Bride" by the new birth, or else they have no sacrifice for sin. In the N.T. we are not given to be occupied with messianic hope, but only Jesus (Savior) and life in Him. That should be our study, rather than a messianic hope.

I understand what you are saying. The Jews were waiting for the Messiah, he already came in the incarnation of Yeshua and they rejected him. One day they will see him who they pierced and accept him as Messiah, but the redemptive work of the Messiah was done 2000 years ago and this is why the Messiah came to die for the sins of the world. Also, you are correct Messiah will be coming for his bride, but being that God is so merciful he will allow the Jews to see him who they pierced so that they can accept him as Messiah and redeemer. If God had mercy on the Gentile who were not his chosen, he will show forth his mercy on those who he chosen as his people and let's not forget about that.

Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good thoughts, Sundown! So, my understanding is that the thought of Messiah only applied to Israel ---looking for "the deliverer", (John 1:41 & 4: 25); and that is because Israel as a nation will be an earthly people, before Christ and again on the "new earth, while the "Bride" in this dispensation (age) is a heavenly people and will be with the Bridegroom in Heaven, (and also in His return during the Millennium time only (note 1 Cor. 15:22-28 KJV). The messianic hope was only for Israel in the O.T. While Jesus was the hope of Israel, He came to redeem all souls ("whosoever will" --Israelites and Gentiles) in this age who will have Him. I hope this is clear!

Upvote 0

Sundown

No title
Apr 17, 2016
U.S.A.
Visit site
✟8,034.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Good thoughts, Sundown! So, my understanding is that the thought of Messiah only applied to Israel ---looking for "the deliverer", (John 1:41 & 4: 25); and that is because Israel as a nation will be an earthly people, before Christ and again on the "new earth, while the "Bride" in this dispensation (age) is a heavenly people and will be with the Bridegroom in Heaven, (and also in His return during the Millennium time only (note 1 Cor. 15:22-28 KJV). The messianic hope was only for Israel in the O.T. While Jesus was the hope of Israel, He came to redeem all souls ("whosoever will" --Israelites and Gentiles) in this age who will have Him. I hope this is clear!

As a Sephardic Jew, I believe the following .... Th Jews (not Gentiles) were waiting for Messiah and though Messiah was going to the Jews, his death on the cross was to redeem the world from sin. Through the Jews who accepted Messiah was the Salvation of God shared to the Gentile.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Romans 15:18-19 For I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me to bring the Gentiles to obedience—by word and deed, 19 by the power of signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God—so that from Jerusalem and all the way around to Illyricum I have fulfilled the ministry of the gospel of Christ;

Do you think that Paul fulfilling the gospel of Christ means that he did away with it or that he fully taught obedience to it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a Sephardic Jew, I believe the following .... Th Jews (not Gentiles) were waiting for Messiah and though Messiah was going to the Jews, his death on the cross was to redeem the world from sin. Through the Jews who accepted Messiah was the Salvation of God shared to the Gentile.

The promise of Messiah for Israel is YET to come (note Heb. 8:10) which speaks of the time when the Lord Jesus returns to the earth to reign a thousand years, and then the "new earth". Israel as a renewed nation and separate people will be blessed then by God on earth. Today there is no difference between Jew and Gentile (Heb. 10:12) and so the promise of "Messiah" is irrelevant today, and all souls (Jew and Gentile) must come as sinners to the Savior or perish. That is why I have noted that "Messianic faith" as stated in the original post is not for this age. We are all and together sinners in need of salvation (John 3:16; 1 Jn. 5:10-12; etc.). I don't think we are too far off on what we both see in God's Word. Look up always ---"Hold faith"; "Hold forth"; "Hold fast" to God and His precious Word.

Upvote 0

Sundown

No title
Apr 17, 2016
U.S.A.
Visit site
✟8,034.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
God has not forgotten his people, Israel is still his people and scriptures makes that clear. One thing I learned is when God created and speaks it carries on throughout eternity. He will always be the God of Israel! For your information, I have a site www.biblicalencouragement.net, on the first page you will see a link on the mid left (weekly lessons), I will have a weekly lesson that the Spirit of God is teaching me, please read it and share it in your own words if you believe it is according to scripture, which it is. This week, I will have a short enlightenment on "dedicate and sacrifice" it will make us thing.

Thank you for your response and the main thing is like you stated according to scripture .... "hold faith"; "hold forth": "hold fast" to God and His precious Word.

In two weeks I will write something on increasing in faith, we know that it come by hearing the word of God, but I will share something that God has shown me and hope it will encourage, that is what it is all about in the family of God to encourage each others.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God has not forgotten his people, Israel is still his people and scriptures makes that clear. One thing I learned is when God created and speaks it carries on throughout eternity. He will always be the God of Israel!

Right, God "has not forgotten his people", but readers of the Bible need to know that Israel is presently under discipline (even in the holocaust) for their rejection of their Messiah. As I said: the "Messiah is irrelevant today" ---not yet their "deliverer" (this age of grace), and ONLY applies to the recovery in the Millennium time and the eternal state (note Heb. 8:10). God cares for Israel presently, and has allowed them to return to the promised land to accomplish His later purposes for and with them; however, they have no sacrifice because they reject God's gift of a Savior today. Their ONLY hope is in coming to the Savior like even Gentiles must do ---as lost sinners (note 1 Cor. 10:32 & Gal.3:28).

Yes, we need to seek God's mind and leading for us, but we might always do well to read what Bible scholars have set forth down through history to compare with what we are seeing. Look up always!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

THREAD IS PERMANENTLY CLOSED

full

The original post was from March and since the poster has not revisited, we are closing this thread that went off-topic early.

Please remember to stick to the original topic of the thread.

This is a debate-free area and for fellowship only.

Staff has voted to leave this thread permanently closed.

The full list of site rules can be found here.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.