• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Messiah: The Banner of Salvation

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Minister Monardo, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Minister Monardo

Minister Monardo Witness

+724
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    Psalm 20:5.We will rejoice in your salvation, and in the name of our God
    we will set up banners! May the LORD fulfill all your petitions.

A banner is used to make conspicuous or to draw attention towards. There is
    only one way for the Christian Community to draw attention, and that is for
    Messiah only.

John 13:35. By this all will know that you are My disciples,
    if you have love for one another.

This is presented prophetically in the Song of Solomon.

S of S 2:4. He brought me to the banqueting house,
    And his banner over me is love.

When a banner is lifted up on a pole, it becomes a standard.

John 3:14, 15. And as Moses lifted up the (brass) serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.

John 12:31-33. Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. This he said, signifying what death He should die.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Minister Monardo

Minister Monardo Witness

+724
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    Messiah In Prophecy: The Standard Banner of Salvation

Psalm 60:4. You have given a banner to those who fear You, that it may be
    displayed for The Truth.

Isaiah 11:10. And on that day there shall be a Root of Jesse, who shall stand as
    a banner to the people; for the Gentiles shall seek Him, and His resting place
    shall be glorious.

Isaiah 49:22. Thus saith the Lord God, Behold, I will lift up mine hand to the Gentiles,
    and set up my standard to the people
    : and they shall bring thy sons in their arms,
    and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders.

Isaiah 62:10. Go through, go through the gates; prepare ye the way of the people;
    cast, cast up the highway; gather out the stones; lift up a standard for the people.

Zechariah 9:16. The Lord their God will save them on that day, as the flock of His people.
    For they shall be like the jewels of a crown, lifted like a banner over His land.

Isaiah 59:19. When the enemy comes in like a flood, The Spirit of the Lord
    will lift up a standard against him.

And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  3. Minister Monardo

Minister Monardo Witness

+724
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    The Standard of Christ is love
    1 John 3:14, 16. We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers and sisters. The one who does not love abides in death. By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.