• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Messed up prayer, maybe committed the unforgivable sin

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Site Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟121,390.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I was praying to God out loud. I was talking about the dream I had where I blasphemed the Holy Spirit and thought that was maybe the unforgivable sin.

Then I was thanking Jesus for dying on the cross for all my sins but then I said something like "except the one sin I did in my dream". I didn't really believe that last part deep down, I just wanted to get a reaction out of God which was a bad mistake. I have repented, I just hope I didn't do anything actually unforgivable.

I do still believe Jesus died for ALL my sins, but to be honest I do still have issues with the unforgivable sin because there's so many interpretations that it's very confusing knowing what it exactly is.

I'm sorry God! Please have mercy on me a sinner. I would appreciate any prayers and support.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
So I was praying to God out loud. I was talking about the dream I had where I blasphemed the Holy Spirit and thought that was maybe the unforgivable sin.

Then I was thanking Jesus for dying on the cross for all my sins but then I said something like "except the one sin I did in my dream". I didn't really believe that last part deep down, I just wanted to get a reaction out of God which was a bad mistake. I have repented, I just hope I didn't do anything actually unforgivable.

I do still believe Jesus died for ALL my sins, but to be honest I do still have issues with the unforgivable sin because there's so many interpretations that it's very confusing knowing what it exactly is.

I'm sorry God! Please have mercy on me a sinner. I would appreciate any prayers and support.

You can not commit this sin, the unforgivable sin. You or any one else now. This was a national sin committed by the nation of Israel when Jesus was offering the nation (Jewish) the Messianic Kingdom.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

You do not need to know what the unforgivable sin is, because you would promptly start obsessing about committing it.

All you need to know is.

Jesus has taken and paid for All your sins.

End of subject.

Change your habits. When you start getting intrusive thoughts just acknowledge them.
Say " O K, that is right. ". And leave them, carry on with what you were doing.

If thoughts of being a sinner worry you. Then praise and thank God for Jesus and his limitless love, mercy, grace and forgiveness of and for you.

Memorise the Roman 5 verses about th extent of God's love for us.

Reactions: Job405
Upvote 0

Mia Asa

Mar 9, 2021
Nm
✟33,826.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You do not need to know what the unforgivable sin is, because you would promptly start obsessing about committing it.

All you need to know is.

Jesus has taken and paid for All your sins.

End of subject.

Change your habits. When you start getting intrusive thoughts just acknowledge them.
Say " O K, that is right. ". And leave them, carry on with what you were doing.

If thoughts of being a sinner worry you. Then praise and thank God for Jesus and his limitless love, mercy, grace and forgiveness of and for you.

Memorise the Roman 5 verses about th extent of God's love for us.

Oh thank you very much.
My head is dirty because of this.
I believe in God and Jesus still and praying.
I really afraid hell and fire.
I don't wanna go there in ages.

Upvote 0

Kobo

Mar 9, 2021
Chicago
✟10,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What do you mean when you say you blasphemed the Holy Spirit?
I am afraid is not as easy to commit as you think, and I am afraid the consequence is instant death, hence the reason why it is listed as UNFORGIVABLE - the offender is left without a chance to beg for forgiveness. There are two examples of persons who committed such sin are found in the book of Acts.

In Acts chapter 5, Ananias and Sapphira lied against the Spirit of God.

1. But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,
2. And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.
3. But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
4. Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.
5. And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.
6. And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.
7. And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.
8. And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much.
9. Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.
10. Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.​

Acts 12, Herod blasphemed against God when He stole God's glory.

21. And upon a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat upon his throne, and made an oration unto them.
22. And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man.
23. And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.​

So, if the Spirit of God Himself lives inside of you, you would have to consciously disobey Him to commit such a crime against Him.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Denying Jesus and the Holy Spirit is unforgivable because forgiveness is obtained through Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

"20 Then the multitude came together again, so that they could not so much as eat bread. 21 But when His own people heard about this, they went out to lay hold of Him, for they said, “He is out of His mind.”

22 And the scribes who came down from Jerusalem said, “He has Beelzebub,” and, “By the ruler of the demons He casts out demons.”

23 So He called them to Himself and said to them in parables: “How can Satan cast out Satan? 24 If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25 And if a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. 26 And if Satan has risen up against himself, and is divided, he cannot stand, but has an end. 27 No one can enter a strong man’s house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man. And then he will plunder his house.

The Unpardonable Sin
28 “Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; 29 but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation”— 30 because they said, “He has an unclean spirit.” Mark 3:20-30

Last edited:
Upvote 0