Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Rat-hole trailer parks in the rural south for example.
Small arms are primarily for any city infested with gangs, or in other words currently most large American cities.

We collect large arms for the same reason I study war, not to cause one, but to help prevent one, and in such case, to be prepared for one.

Most all people who study self-defense, martial arts, and emergency medicine (non professionally) wont and dont generally expect to have to use their tools or knowledge, but we do plan to be prepared.

You state you support the 2nd, why then conflate 'sportsmen and hunting arms' with 'defense for the opposition of Government' in your post? I know people who own and race 10,000 hp T/F cars, its a sport and a science, that does not mean they plan on using them on the street.

Nevertheless, I dont believe a state employee should be displaying his weapons so publicly, yet I dont know if this was originally just intended to be only among friends or not. I do reserve his right to display them if he wishes and I not need to tie emotional and current events to a completely different subjects - school shootings and self defense from Govt. are different issues.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟428,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I dont know if this was originally just intended to be only among friends or not.

If it was just meant for family and friends, why did he post it on his public Twitter?

I do reserve his right to display them if he wishes and I not need to tie emotional and current events to a completely different subjects - school shootings and self defense from Govt. are different issues.

Since when does a senator have to fear the government -- y'know, the very thing he voluntarily sought and gained employment within? Unless Rep. Massie is planning to reignite the Civil War or something, it would seem that this is a baseless concern. Whereas things like the recent school shooting show that that's an ongoing concern of some actual importance.

Is this how self-proclaimed 2nd amendment defenders prefer to argue -- "Don't focus on what actually happens now; focus instead on what could happen in my fantasies"?

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟230,352.00
Faith
Christian
Yeah, I have a hard time believing an M60 is needed to protect your home.

So I didn't need to ask grandma to lay down covering fire while I put my bins out?

Man, I've been doing this all wrong!

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟230,352.00
Faith
Christian
interesting, I have never had anyone that felt that they had too many guns on their side of a firefight

I would have thought ammo would be more important. You can generally only shoot one gun at a time. Well, unless you're Neo or Rambo of course.

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟988,187.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
When I first saw the photo I thought it was a joke or perhaps a publicity photo for a new sitcom parodying life in Middle America but - no - it's real.

Do you have any idea of the impression this creates outside of America?

Images like this, on top of the Rittenhouse trial, the Arbery trial, the recent school shooting, and the mass shootings which seem to happen every other day, all go towards confirming the impression of an America which has lost its way.

There's something seriously wrong about superimposing multiple guns on an image of a Christian family Christmas.

OB

Upvote 0

zelosravioli

Believer
Site Supporter
Mar 15, 2014
Northern California
✟146,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,147,795.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
When I first saw the photo I thought it was a joke or perhaps a publicity photo for a new sitcom parodying life in Middle America but - no - it's real.

Images like this, on top of the Rittenhouse trial, the Arbery trial, the recent school shooting, and the mass shootings which seem to happen every other day, all go towards confirming the impression of an America which has lost its way.

There's something seriously wrong about superimposing multiple guns on an image of a Christian family Christmas.

OB
It's really reminiscent of the photos of the Taliban and Isis brandishing assault rifles.

• Agree
Reactions: ximmix
Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The whole anti-gun thing really hurts women the most. If it came down to life-or-death fight between a male & female, there's no doubt who would win (PC aside). A gun is the only thing that can equalize the situation for women in terms of self-defense.

• Agree
Reactions: zelosravioli
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The whole anti-gun thing really hurts women the most. If it came down to life-or-death fight between a male & female, there's no doubt who would win (PC aside). A gun is the only thing that can equalize the situation for women in terms of self-defense.
No. Not the whole anti gun thing.

Many people, like me, just want a lid on the complete free for all where anybody can get hold of a gun any time for any reason. But I still believe in an individual right that would allow for you to conceal carry, for instance.

I do understand how the industry wants you to believe its all or nothing tho.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Small arms are primarily for any city infested with gangs, or in other words currently most large American cities.

We collect large arms for the same reason I study war, not to cause one, but to help prevent one, and in such case, to be prepared for one.

Most all people who study self-defense, martial arts, and emergency medicine (non professionally) wont and dont generally expect to have to use their tools or knowledge, but we do plan to be prepared.

You state you support the 2nd, why then conflate 'sportsmen and hunting arms' with 'defense for the opposition of Government' in your post? I know people who own and race 10,000 hp T/F cars, its a sport and a science, that does not mean they plan on using them on the street.

Nevertheless, I dont believe a state employee should be displaying his weapons so publicly, yet I dont know if this was originally just intended to be only among friends or not. I do reserve his right to display them if he wishes and I not need to tie emotional and current events to a completely different subjects - school shootings and self defense from Govt. are different issues.
There is nothing private about anything posted by an elected official. That’s a silly notion.

Hate to break it to you but government ain’t coming for your guns unless you do something pretty stupid. If a narcissistic ruler takes over America and tried to overturn the Constitution, like a certain EX President tried, the military will have a bit more firepower than you and the militia pride boys and girls.

Look around at the crowd claiming they can resist the US Armed Forces. Between the obesity, cardiac risk factors and mental stability…. Well…. just look at the mental giants that took the bait in 1/6.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OK. Got no problem with any citizen properly trained safely carrying a concealed firearm.

Reactions: Rachel20
Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No. Not the whole anti gun thing.

Many people, like me, just want a lid on the complete free for all where anybody can get hold of a gun any time for any reason. But I still believe in an individual right that would allow for you to conceal carry, for instance.

I do understand how the industry wants you to believe its all or nothing tho.

It's a slippery slope at every point. And people like Beto talking about his gun grabs doesn't help.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It's a slippery slope at every point. And people like Beto talking about his gun grabs doesn't help.
Industry propaganda. Every limit on complete freedom is a slippery slope, yet we enact and manage sensible limits on every single freedom we enjoy.

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

U.S. congressman posts family Christmas picture with guns, days after school shooting
View attachment 309129

A U.S. congressman on Saturday posted a Christmas picture of himself and what appeared to be his family, smiling and posing with an assortment of guns, just days after four teenagers were killed in a shooting at a Michigan high school.

"Merry Christmas! ps. Santa, please bring ammo," U.S. Representative Thomas Massie of Kentucky wrote on Twitter.
U.S. congressman posts family Christmas picture with guns, days after school shooting (msn.com)

Words fail me - OB

Kudos to them for showing proper trigger discipline, but still, it looks like the little girl on the couch is pointing hers at Mama's head...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat

Those types of people really don't care. They tend to be isolationist and nativist, anyways.

Wrong? It's a feature, not a bug for these people. Their real religion is "white Christian nationalism". And lots of guns is frequently part of the package deal.

Upvote 0

zelosravioli

Believer
Site Supporter
Mar 15, 2014
Northern California
✟146,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
4e8b65381a821f228d067d1f002ac3f4.jpg

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟230,352.00
Faith
Christian

I would have thought that the rabid pro-gun side would be hurting women the most. The more reasonable argument of "I need a small gun and limited ammunition for self defence" is overshadowed by the people who resist any kind of gun control at all, and think that owning an M-60 and 1,000 rounds of ammo is something to aspire to.

Is it a slippery slope to ban guns from aircraft, for example? Or if someone had an appointment to meet the president? Or do we see these as quite reasonable restrictions?

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There is no point to this thread, at best it is a weak attempt to condemn gun ownership.
I don't see how this thread is anything about condemning gun ownership. It just seems like a right-wing candidate trying to politicize big guns in a weird way and the wrong time. I know liberals, that have guns. But they trained for them. I hoping to train, to use guns. So, I can shoot guns at the shooting range. I'm not crazy about having guns in my house. I get nervous at night. If I had a gun at home. I would have shot my reflection in the window. Thinking it was a stranger. The list goes on. It's defiantly a big responsibility. I also have an autistic to think about.

Upvote 0