• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Merry Christmas! ps. Santa, please bring ammo

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by Occams Barber, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Occams Barber

Occams Barber Newbie Supporter

+5,757
    Australia
    Atheist
    Divorced
    [​IMG]
    U.S. congressman posts family Christmas picture with guns, days after school shooting
    Xmas guns.jpg

A U.S. congressman on Saturday posted a Christmas picture of himself and what appeared to be his family, smiling and posing with an assortment of guns, just days after four teenagers were killed in a shooting at a Michigan high school.

"Merry Christmas! ps. Santa, please bring ammo," U.S. Representative Thomas Massie of Kentucky wrote on Twitter.
    U.S. congressman posts family Christmas picture with guns, days after school shooting (msn.com)

Words fail me - OB

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. cow451

cow451 The Most Interesting Poster in the Forum Supporter

+21,658
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Oh, shoot. Just bad timing.

3. sandman

sandman Senior Member

+688
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    US-Constitution
    I don't know why people feel it necessary to show off their cache of weapons .... maybe arrogance of touting the 2nd amendment. But to me it just irritates the anti-gun crowd and I don't want to add fuel to their fire.
    It's ok to be a gun enthusiast...but I just don't get it .... this photo would have been just as nice without the arsenal, and like you stated .... the timing of this photo leaves a a lot to be desired.

Additionally, when you display what you have.... it's similar having newly purchased items from a store in the back seat of you car ...if their covered up, nobody knows what is there, but if they are displayed it wets the appetite of some who may want to liberate you of your items.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Subduction Zone

Subduction Zone Regular Member

+11,634
    Atheist
    Single
    I was about to say the same. But that was done after the Michigan shooting. It indicates that the Congressman is clearly out of touch with recent events. Or else he has no empathy at all. I am sure that it was planned out long before the shootings happened. But he really should have thought over posting that so soon after a mass murder.

Please note, I know that this recent shooting was with a handgun. Not with an AR 15 or other long gun mistakenly called "assault rifles"

5. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN CT Scans shows my dad's cancer is gone.

+4,355
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    It's a stupid picture to me. I just see idiots trying to make a gun statement in a Christmas photo. This has nothing good to do with, what Christians or Secular people do around Christmas. And doing this right after a shooting. Wow!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Nithavela

Nithavela Cool catchphrase goes here

+16,079
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    I think this thread is pretty unfair. There's always a school shooting a few days ago in the USA. The dying of children is near constant, so when should they post such a picture?

I would love to know who they intend to kill with the ammo that Santa brings, though.

7. Goonie

Goonie Not so Mystic Mog. Supporter

+8,726
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Single
    Obviously Santa's reindeer.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN CT Scans shows my dad's cancer is gone.

+4,355
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    I'm guessing this was political game, Nothing more.

9. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Well-Known Member Supporter

+14,493
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    Sick. I don't really get the point... owning the libs? Or do they really have a military hardware fetish after all?

10. Goonie

Goonie Not so Mystic Mog. Supporter

+8,726
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Single
    Deleted

11. disciple Clint

disciple Clint Well-Known Member

+4,064
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    interesting selection of weapons, if you know anything about guns.

12. Freth

Freth Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,284
    United States
    SDA
    Single
    Dad is toting an M60. Nice!

13. cow451

+21,658
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Support of the Second Amendment by responsible gun owners is different than a gun fetish.

Responsible gun owners don’t need to “own” anything but their respect for the power of lethal instruments. And they don’t need a firearm to compensate for insecurity.

14. High Fidelity

High Fidelity Well-Known Member Supporter

+8,929
    United Kingdom
    Baptist
    Private
    I mean, putting aside how insensitive it is, it's extremely cringeworthy.

15. disciple Clint

+4,064
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    NO but they may need a gun to compensate for the lack of security, the average person cannot afford to pay for a private security company to protect their home and family. The dangerous world that we live in is now just outside our door.

16. cow451

+21,658
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    An arsenal is not needed for the security of one’s person and home. This is not Afghanistan.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  17. disciple Clint

+4,064
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Note that no only are those guns not pointed at the camera but they also have their fingers indexed well away from the trigger.

18. cow451

+21,658
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    LOL. Did you hear the point of the thread whistle by your ear?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  19. dzheremi

dzheremi Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian

+11,970
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    The world is just as out there and just as dangerous (or not) if you don't have seven guns in your house, too. I grew up with guns in my family, too, but this is totally excessive and weird. Even out at the family cabin, many miles away from civilization and definitely on other species' turf, I can only remember one time when my father had to pull out the rifle he kept there, and that was to scare a mountain lion off when we saw one approaching the back deck one day. A good thing to have in that case, but also enough of a scare to make us all respect both the weapon and the nature we were dealing with. From the demeanor evident in the tweet, it's not clear that congressman is teaching his family to respect anything related to guns (or Christmas, for that matter).

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  20. disciple Clint

+4,064
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    interesting, I have never had anyone that felt that they had too many guns on their side of a firefight