• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mere Coincidence? Trump declaring Israel Capitol while on Capitol hill he's being impeached?

Discussion in 'Messianic Judaism' started by Lulav, Dec 2, 2017.

1. pat34lee

pat34lee Messianic

+2,182
    Messianic
    Single
    There is no point in carrying on the charade of peace
    talks with those masquerading as Palestinians. As long
    as the PLO charter calls for the destruction of Israel,
    there will be no peace. As long as the Muslims and Arabs
    hold hope that they will eventually drive out the Jews
    and control the land, there will be no peace. Let's go
    with that as a given, and kick them out of the country.

2. Open Heart

Open Heart Messianic Jewish Catholic

+3,461
    United States
    Catholic
    Celibate
    One more day until we know for sure which way this is going to go. I'm waiting with baited breath.

3. Lulav

Lulav Congregation and Theology Admin Staff Member Administrator Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+5,032
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Well for one we don't need to link in this forum
    and two,
    the other stories that were listed on those news sites could be in violation of the rules here. :)

But everyone knows how to Google, right ;)

4. Lulav

Lulav Congregation and Theology Admin Staff Member Administrator Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+5,032
    United States
    Messianic
    Married

Yes, that is the main subject of this thread, the juxtaposition of these two things.

I'm wondering if we are headed for a super snow storm soon.............

5. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+4,733
    United States
    Married
    It is done.

6. Lulav

+5,032
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Yes, those who believe in the Bible
    this is the place that G-d said he would place his name.
    This is the place where he offered up his son to make reconciliation with his people.
    Honoring that as the Capitol like in days of old would be akin to showing honor from a country that believes the bible and that the Jews are G-ds people and that He gave them that land.

If and when that does happen I think that the US if not apart of making it happen will be the end of her.
    The US was actually founded to be the New Jerusalem when Jerusalem wasn't available to G-ds people.
    Once it is re-established the blessings we've had may transfer back to Israel.

Not all in the US do but making it official on the ground may be different.

7. Lulav

+5,032
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Yipee!
    [​IMG]
    Just saw him signing it and handing it off.

8. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,577
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I just think it is polite to post a link to where I got the information I am posting rather than making others go search to verify what I am saying...but whatever.

9. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,577
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I do.
    Yes
    Moving a foreign, secular government's office location to Jerusalem has absolutely nothing to do with the Bible, unless you are thinking that the US government is a model of righteousness and holiness.

10. BukiRob

BukiRob Newbie

+884
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Pet peeve of mine but...

Trump was not impeached. There was a call to a vote by a cluck head ultra-liberal Al Green.
    The motion to sideline the measure — killing the effort — was approved 364-58, with four Democrats voting present.

11. mark kennedy

mark kennedy Natura non facit saltum Supporter

+2,284
    Calvinist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Recognizing Jerusalem as the capitol of Israel could be as simple as moving the Embassy to the US Consulate in Jerusalem and your never going to get an impeachment of Trump from this Congress.

Edited to add:

Oh and btw, heard tell that Russia has suggested that Palestine could move their capitol to Jerusalem. The two capitols would be in eastern and western Jerusalem respectively.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  12. pat34lee

pat34lee Messianic

+2,182
    Messianic
    Single
    The fact that 58 voted for impeachment shows how
    crazy some of Congress has become. They don't care
    about the rules, much less the law of the land.

13. Open Heart

+3,461
    United States
    Catholic
    Celibate
    [​IMG]

14. Lulav

+5,032
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Yes it will save a person a second or two. But as I said we have rules here and there were some questionable ads and sidebars that were on there and I didn't want to link to it.

15. Lulav

+5,032
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    I wonder how many realize that when Israel recaptured Jerusalem in 1967 Moshe Dyan graciously to prevent conflict gave sovereignty over the temple mount to the waqf. Not happy with that they have been trying to take more and more ever since.

Jerusalem belongs to Israel.

It was purchased by King David, even though he was offered it free of charge he still paid for it.

It will be disputed though until Messiah comes back and sits on his throne there.

They really aren't trying to keep all Jews off that place, only to prevent one from coming there, hence the closed up golden gate. Foolishly thinking that when the King wants to come through that gate anything they do will be able to stop him.

16. Open Heart

+3,461
    United States
    Catholic
    Celibate
    And it has always been that way. Even in 1947, when the UN made Jerusalem a National City, the Arabs created blockades to keep Jews from entering West Jerusalem, and sieges to stop food from getting to the Jews already in the Jewish Quarter.

17. Laureate

Laureate whatisthebaytreeknown4? What's debate reknown for?

+223
    Messianic
    Single
    According to scripture, Jerusalem is the Capital of the Kingdom of Heaven here on earth.

18. visionary

visionary Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I. Supporter

+4,844
    Messianic
    The flurry of liberalism spew is vile and unworthy of mention let alone giving it any credibility.