• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Mental and physical pain...

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been in a lot of distress lately. I'm going through withdrawals from certain medications and I'm suffering a great deal of mental and physical pain and I don't know how to cope anymore..i feel like giving up.. ..... :-/ I just want this to all end..

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've been in a lot of distress lately. I'm going through withdrawals from certain medications and I'm suffering a great deal of mental and physical pain and I don't know how to cope anymore..i feel like giving up.. ..... :-/ I just want this to all end..

Hi,
I am so sorry for your distress. This is the time to pray to Jesus to ask Him to help you. The other voice you hear, suggesting you give up is that of the devil. Close your ears to Him!
Nothing is too difficult for God, though si much is so for us. Pray and have faith. All will be well. Ask for the peace, the peace that only Jesus can provide. You will be amazed at how it will flood all over you and the strength that you will have.
I hope you feel better soon, lean on our Lord in all things. Never stop praying. X

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
a good way to cope is to call your doctors office and ask to speak to one of the nurses on duty and explain your symptoms and ask if there is anything that can be done to help you through this or to try something else for medication.

It doesnt hurt to ask.

I am going to have to try and find a specialty forum for my disorder, dystonia, which is excruciating most of the time.

I can no long sit up straight in a chair, and am spasmed into about a 45 degree angle trying to sit.

My doctors are not ashamed or feel its inappropriate to give me muscles relaxants as these spasms are uncontrollable and are due to a brain injury.

What I'm trying to say is just keep reaching out and networking, finding support groups in the community-both online and offline, to find solutions and ideas.

A friend of mine was going through alcohol and drug withdrawals and with a doctors permission, he worked through withdrawals by riding a bike all over the place for hours. He continued to ride and took up boxing workouts.

It was the only way he could remain sane and sober.

Upvote 0