• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Men's Rights Lawyer Eyed in Shooting of NJ Judge's Family

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by SummerMadness, Jul 20, 2020.

1. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+9,899
    Christian
    Men's Rights Lawyer Eyed in Shooting of NJ Judge's Family

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+16,402
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    There goes the Epstein conspiracy theory.

Unless... this was a put-up job and this MRA guy was the patsy.

3. BryanJohnMaloney

BryanJohnMaloney Well-Known Member

+354
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Did he get his weapon from the Reverse Vampires?

4. cow451

cow451 The Most Interesting Poster in the Forum Supporter

+16,474
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
  5. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+15,608
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Story from 2013:

Hollander said the defeats were starting to get to him.

"I'm beginning to think it's time for vigilante justice – civil disobedience," he said, elaborating that he "may pull a Carrie Nation on the Ladies' Nights clubs."

Carrie Nation, who died in 1911, was a radical member of the temperance movement who vandalized bars with a hatchet.

6. Ana the Ist

Ana the Ist Aggressively serene!

+6,914
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    The P-zombies.

7. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+5,047
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others

What has Epstein got to do with this?

8. iluvatar5150

+16,402
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    The judge was reportedly assigned to some aspect of the Epstein/Maxwell case a few days ago.

9. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+6,565
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Zombies dont die that easily.

10. ThatRobGuy

ThatRobGuy Part of the IT crowd Supporter

+8,871
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Sounds like this judge was also involved in some upcoming cases involving high ranking members of the Crips and other high ranking narcotics traffickers as well.

Given the kind of people this judge was involved in cases for, I can understand why some folks would jump to the conclusion of foul play.

I try to steer clear of conspiracy theories, but I'd by lying if I didn't initially think something fishy was going on when I first heard the story before more details came out.

A judge presiding over cases for Epstein affiliates and high ranking drug traffickers, being the target of violent intimidation tactics wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

People like Escobar and Pacho Herrera had judges killed, prosecutors' cars blown up, etc... back during the 80's and 90's in order to "protect interests". The higher ranking members of current cartels have even had hit squads sneak across the border to carry out killings. ...and have gone as far as killing children, relatives, etc...

So, it's understandable that people may have jumped to the conclusion that a judge presiding over cases involving associates of the likes of Epstein (who's was, and was connected to people, every bit as powerful as the aforementioned entities) could be the target of foul play.

It would seem that Epstein was associated with high ranking members of both political factions, as well as powerful people all over the world who'd have a lot to lose from certain details coming out...I think if anyone was being honest with themselves, absent of further details, they'd admit that the thought crossed their mind.

11. iluvatar5150

+16,402
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    For those who don't recall, Escobar went so far as to blow up a commercial 727 in an attempt to assassinate a presidential candidate.
    Avianca Flight 203 - Wikipedia

12. Tanj

Tanj Redefined comfortable middle class

+5,134
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    It sure is. What is less understandable is the people that will now deny this MRA evidence and still believe it was foul play, and said perp is a fall guy/innocent/framed/patsy.

13. whatbogsends

whatbogsends Senior Veteran

+6,290
    Atheist
    Is it more or less understandable than thinking Epstein was killed to keep him quiet rather than believing he killed himself while in prison?

14. Tanj

+5,134
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Equally (less understandable). If I was the head of a paedophile ring sitting in jail knowing the public shaming and penalties that were about to become my entire life for the rest of it, I'd be looking to shorten said life as well.

15. ThatRobGuy

+8,871
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    ...I think the aspect of the fact that it's been widely believed that people who were participants in said ring were also very powerful people (with a lot to lose if certain information comes out) could be capable of "shutting someone up before they expose anything" is a plausible premise in the minds of many.

I haven't seen conclusive evidence of foul play in his case which is why I wouldn't jump on the conspiracy train for it...but technically, it could still be a plausible premise. People with way less power and influence have been able to knock people off in jail and have surveillance tapes mysteriously disappear with the help of crooked COs.

If there was a news report that came out tonight saying "we now have conclusive evidence that guards took money from someone to allow another inmate to enter his cell and strangle him and then make it look like a suicide", or "they knew he was suicidal, but transferred his cell mate out and intentionally neglected to check up on him" I can't say I'd be terribly shocked.

The circumstances surrounding Epstein were basically the perfect storm for stirring up conspiracy sentiments among a lot of people.

A guy who could "name names"
    Gets removed from suicide watch
    First they claimed the camera was malfunctioning
    Then they claim "someone accidentally deleted the footage"
    One of the guards gets busted for falsifying records
    Officials said it's particularly unusual for people housed in the SHU, and that they're typically housed with another inmate

You can't necessarily fault people for jumping to that conclusion.

16. Tanj

+5,134
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    And like I said, that's perfectly reasonable. It's continuing to hold onto these ideas once 0 evidence comes along to support them and a mountain comes along to refute.

Have you seen any evidence at all? like including the inconclusive type?

Really? I didn't know that. Evidence please.

I can fault them for not jumping away when it continues to be unevidenced.

17. ThatRobGuy

+8,871
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. ThatRobGuy

+8,871
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Evidence of? That there was a bunch of suspicious sounding circumstances around Epstein's death...there certainly were.

I still think the odds are that he offed himself, but possibility exists that there was foul play...I won't rule it out.

When guards have changed their stories multiple times, and the notion that a high profile prisoner (who was already on suicide watch) was just left on his own and multiple guards neglected check-ups over a dozen times over a 48 hour period...and first claimed that security cameras weren't working, then when that was shown to be incorrect, claimed "the footage was accidentally deleted" certainly sounds a tad suspicious.

You can see why some people would jump on the conspiracy bandwagon on that one...I don't fault them for that TBH.

In all honesty, I do believe he killed himself...but I wouldn't be particularly surprised if evidence came out later down the road that suggested otherwise.

The evidence of foul play with regards to Epstein is stronger than evidence of a Trump-Russia collusion conspiracy, yet that doesn't stop a lot of people from propagating that theory.

In general, I think people lean on conspiracy theories to explain things that they can't wrap their head around.

19. Tanj

+5,134
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Well no Rob, obviously none of that is relevant to the conversation. I said nothing about the general violence in prisons. Here's the statement of yours I was responding to:

20. Subduction Zone

Subduction Zone Regular Member

+8,289
    Atheist
    Single
    So in other words no need for a conspiracy when incompetence will do. You could be right. I have hard that most suicides are due to depression and are a call for help. Part of them want to get caught and be prevented from killing themselves. People that really want to kill themselves do not give any warning. Epstein might have laid low and cooperated until their guard dropped. Then he took advantage of that lack of attention.