united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I see and help addicts and alcoholics every day on the streets and I can assure you, that any opportunity to get inside and be warm, in a back area in the woods, is an ideal place to sell and buy and sneak in gf's, weapons, you name it.

Just when someone has promised they've cleaned up, within a week or two they are back out on the streets intoxicated and apologizing to me.

They need very strict guidelines and you would need to follow and obey I believe very strict state and federal guidelines, I think?

Monthly drug testing is too far apart....more like having to go through a body search upon returning to grounds, every single time.

"90 in 90" is what we call it, and they must have a signature showing they were there for each meeting.

They get unannounced testing at any time as well, and must have a sponsor and be working a program.

Maybe only after being in intensive treatment and showing they are going to meetings every single day for 90 days, would they be considered to move up to your program?

Taking care of the animals is very very therapeutic, and that would be amazing and wonderful.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I see and help addicts and alcoholics every day on the streets and I can assure you, that any opportunity to get inside and be warm, in a back area in the woods, is an ideal place to sell and buy and sneak in gf's, weapons, you name it.

Just when someone has promised they've cleaned up, within a week or two they are back out on the streets intoxicated and apologizing to me.

They need very strict guidelines and you would need to follow and obey I believe very strict state and federal guidelines, I think?

Monthly drug testing is too far apart....more like having to go through a body search upon returning to grounds, every single time.

"90 in 90" is what we call it, and they must have a signature showing they were there for each meeting.

They get unannounced testing at any time as well, and must have a sponsor and be working a program.

Maybe only after being in intensive treatment and showing they are going to meetings every single day for 90 days, would they be considered to move up to your program?

Taking care of the animals is very very therapeutic, and that would be amazing and wonderful.
Yes I agree, It would have to start strict and they would earn more freedom as time went and they proved themselves. Perhaps becoming leaders eventually and helping others as they struggle

• Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟485,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How about a 40 acre tract of woods and brush that we could put up several small one room cabins and let men who are recovering from alcohol or drugs stay there and take care of a few farm animals and a large community garden that the extra produce would be further given the poor in the community.
These men would have campfire bible studies and Sunday church regularly as part of the program.
I believe there are many areas we could go into here, Like a community corrections team that let guys work off their debts here in our county like community service etc:
We could also help them find jobs and teach them some biblical values.
What are your thoughts? Concerns? etc

I love where your heart is! These men need help. No question! So many people turn their back on them because they have too often seen how they constantly return to their addiction when the opportunity presents itself. This is the problem that needs to be overcome.

From my perspective, there is no short-term program that can help. What's needed is a lifetime program. These men need to be given a purpose in life that is more appealing than their chosen addiction. Then they need help maintaining that purpose and focus for the rest of their life.

I do believe your concept has merit; however, my feeling is that it's needs to be expanded.

Let's imagine you develop a small farm that provides fresh produce to local restaurants and a community farmer's market. In addition you have farm animals that are used perhaps to make cheese? I'm trying to envision a self-sustaining operation that generates a good income.

These men would find a purpose in keeping the farm productive, and in teaching new members how to keep the farm productive. The farm may also be used as a teaching environment for school children field trips - providing more purpose for the workers.

In this model you will be able to help a certain number of participants, but if you let them leave the program the chances are they will simply return to their addiction.

The solution might be to expand the program by developing another small farm somewhere else. Once the first group has developed a successful small farm, they take those skills and help a new group of men build and develop a new farm. So they go from being workers to being consultants.

Your program could replicate itself continuously, providing a lifetime of purpose.

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i think that your program is one for which they must first earn the privilege to enter into, by completing an intensive inpatient or out patient treatment program first...

you need lots of legal advice too, on laws and regulations regarding providing a board and care type of program....I think you would need to be licensed

what would you do if someone seized as well when they were detoxing and you weren't aware of it?

you need to have safety plans in place of all kinds, including staff safety

you cannot run such a program without it

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I love where your heart is! These men need help. No question! So many people turn their back on them because they have too often seen how they constantly return to their addiction when the opportunity presents itself. This is the problem that needs to be overcome.

From my perspective, there is no short-term program that can help. What's needed is a lifetime program. These men need to be given a purpose in life that is more appealing than their chosen addiction. Then they need help maintaining that purpose and focus for the rest of their life.

I do believe your concept has merit; however, my feeling is that it's needs to be expanded.

Let's imagine you develop a small farm that provides fresh produce to local restaurants and a community farmer's market. In addition you have farm animals that are used perhaps to make cheese? I'm trying to envision a self-sustaining operation that generates a good income.

These men would find a purpose in keeping the farm productive, and in teaching new members how to keep the farm productive. The farm may also be used as a teaching environment for school children field trips - providing more purpose for the workers.

In this model you will be able to help a certain number of participants, but if you let them leave the program the chances are they will simply return to their addiction.

The solution might be to expand the program by developing another small farm somewhere else. Once the first group has developed a successful small farm, they take those skills and help a new group of men build and develop a new farm. So they go from being workers to being consultants.

Your program could replicate itself continuously, providing a lifetime of purpose.
Yes that is what I am praying on, Right there :] I know it is a big endeavor but I believe it can be done with God's leading and with the correct people. Bless you

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
you will need major legal help and possible grant monies and start up monies

AED on site, biohazard boxes, onsite or visiting rns, take first aid and cpr for all staff....

who will do cavity searches?

gate security personnel-who will you pay to do background checks before hire?

will you have OT and TR and use equine therapy?

who will teach it?

do you have the funds or is this for volunteer TR and OT students?

how will you recruit them from a local university?

who will be your liaison there?

Upvote 0

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟485,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes that is what I am praying on, Right there :] I know it is a big endeavor but I believe it can be done with God's leading and with the correct people. Bless you

Absolutely it can be done! Matthew 19:26

You might look around for organizations that are already doing work like this and see if you can partner with them in some way.

I'm praying along with you. Blessings!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
you will need major legal help and possible grant monies and start up monies

AED on site, biohazard boxes, onsite or visiting rns, take first aid and cpr for all staff....

who will do cavity searches?

gate security personnel-who will you pay to do background checks before hire?

will you have OT and TR and use equine therapy?

who will teach it?

do you have the funds or is this for volunteer TR and OT students?

how will you recruit them from a local university?

who will be your liaison there?
This is just starting out as a prayer and I don't want to run a prison but a ministry. I want to give them freedom to an extent that allows them some kind of life.
I wanna give them a chance and maybe "just that alone" will be enough for some?
Leading with Holy Spirit's leading us, I believe that is the best starting and ending place because if we can introduce these men to the Jesus I know and that I have found, Then they will not need drugs :]

• Winner
Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
food....you will need to contract with vendors

kitchen safety---knives....who is doing the cooking?

pest control too...

this is big

you need help

secretaries, paperwork and so on...fund raising....grant writing....

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Absolutely it can be done! Matthew 19:26

You might look around for organizations that are already doing work like this and see if you can partner with them in some way.

I'm praying along with you. Blessings!
Yes that is a great idea, I am researching now and trying to learn some laws on this kinda stuff. It seems there are some things that will need addressed right away which is insurance so I don't get sued and so forth. Thank You Friend

• Winner
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The drug tests should be random and unexpected.
I think that would be the best and done often. They would have to be evicted from the program if they break the rules and have anything in them. I would almost say they should have two weeks after incarceration that they would become acclimated and during this time, No visitors?
After that start letting in family and start that progress
And for those who sell drugs but are smart enough to not use their own product?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
your ministry is what they step up to....no, you are not a prison, but something to EARN...make sense?
Amen, Yes and after detox and when they are ready. Many that I have talked too, say they do not even want help. I know that sounds crazy, But some really do and just don't know where to start.
I would love to offer something.

• Winner
Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
you need a team of consultants around you:

attorney/legal team
doctors
nurses
ot
pt
tr
caseworkers
contractors

more....

Students in Therapeutic Recreation and Occupational therapy would be perfect, as they could do an internship with you, at no cost to you

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
perhaps you can glean referrals to your program from caseworkers who are the ones doing all of the checking on them first?

this will ease your burdens.

delegate out
Yes exactly. And I have a couple of places that I have already talked too and they said that they will employ them if they are in a program and trying.
They said they would support us and give the guys a chance with a good job and benefits so this is huge.

• Winner
Upvote 0