Taylors
✟84,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
We need to understand that interpretations belong to God, not Josephus.

I agree. Josephus had no idea that what he was writing would later provide historical record that Christ was as good as His word in fulfilling those "AT HAND" prophecies in that first-century generation. The details abound everywhere, and can be matched with every prophecy that Revelation gives us.

Your'e correct, it depend on GOD'S testimony of who those two were who "stood by the Lord of the whole earth". This is the exact terminology that GOD used in Ezekiel about restoring the Zadok family high priesthood in the post-exilic era. Read Ezekiel 44:15, which unique "stand before me" status strictly applied back then ONLY to the high priesthood under that Old Covenant Temple reality. The "two witnesses" were without doubt supposed to be the last representative high priests exhorting the people in that AD 66-70 era, before God demonstrably eliminated it. These two former high priests were murdered in AD 67 by the Idumean invasion, aided and abetted by the rival Zealot factions within Jerusalem. The whole Idumean invasion matched the sixth trumpet judgment details, starting in Revelation 9:13, and ending in Revelation 11:14.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

3 Resurrections

That's 666 YEARS, folks
Aug 21, 2021
Taylors
✟84,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
There are two resurrections, the first in Christ. And the second at the end of the world when Christ returns. Neither resurrection was in A.D. 70 or in the book of Josephus.

Wrong. There are no less than THREE bodily resurrection events (which bodily resurrections were and will be the promised conclusion following the spiritual resurrected state within the saints from creation forward, which you spoke of). Two of these bodily resurrections are past already, back in Passover of AD 33 and then in AD 70 on that year's Pentecost Day. We are waiting for the symbolism of the Feast of Tabernacles to be fulfilled in a final, 3rd bodily resurrection event in our future. Bodies of the saints "harvested" out of the dust. Scripture makes this very plain. It's the very reason Zechariah 14:16-19 emphasized this one, single Feast of Tabernacles feast celebration in times subsequent to Jerusalem's AD 70 siege and destruction.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

3 Resurrections

That's 666 YEARS, folks
Aug 21, 2021
Taylors
✟84,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The "LAST DAYS" in James 5:3 and Hebrews 1:2 (written around AD 64) had progressed in 1 John 2:18 to "It is the LAST HOUR". That's not much time between those texts being written.

Are you thinking that the "LAST HOUR" has been dangling over our heads since the first century? This stretches credulity to the breaking point.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I agree. Josephus had no idea that what he was writing would later provide historical record that Christ was as good as His word in fulfilling those "AT HAND" prophecies in that first-century generation.

False!

Respected by who, and for what reason?

Respected for an Biblical explanation of the meaning of Matthew 24 and the abominations that makes desolate. Respected to detail the fleeing from Judaea to the mountains, or the fall of the Holy Temple? How about its rebuilding or restoration? No, not him, not ever!

First of all 70 A.D. doesn't qualify as an abomination that made anything desolate, much less the Holy Temple of God--which "that" Temple in Jerusalem at the time was not! That Temple Christ spoke of was left desolate in 33 A.D., along with the Holy City Jerusalem. It was left desolate by the abominations that, to this day, its people still don't recognize. Not abominations as Josephus and assorted Premils think they might refer to, but as defined and spoken of throughout God's word. The abominations of "His People."

Ezekiel 43:7-8
  • "And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever, and my holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places.
  • In their setting of their threshold by my thresholds, and their post by my posts, and the wall between me and them, they have even defiled my holy name by their abominations that they have committed: wherefore I have consumed them in mine anger."
Flavius Josephus doesn't know any more about "this" abomination that makes Desolate prophesied against the people of Israel, as the majority of the people of Israel themselves did. Nor do many professing Christians today understand the "real" abominations that they themselves have wrought that will make their house desolate as well. They all are all too busy looking at the temporal things like physical armies, cities, materials of buildings, literal stones and mountains, geopolitical wars, golden thrones, "generation," and the power of the rulers of this world. In doing so, like Israel before them they completely miss the point, just as you do! The Biblical fact is, the Romans didn't make the Temple Desolate by any act they did in it, it was the people of Israel by the acts they did in it. Contrary to Josephus, the abominations were not by the Romans, but by the Israelites themselves, and the desolations were not of physical city having all its stones falling or being thrown down (Luke 19:41-4), but of a spiritual fall of a city, a spiritual kingdom removed, and a spiritual Holy Temple whose stones were all thrown down. As we see there is not really much difference between the eschatology of Flavius Josephus, the Premillennialists and the Judaizers. They all have their collective heads in earthly Jerusalem seeking physical fulfillment there, rather than an archetypal Jerusalem that represents the city from above. Selah!

Moreover, According to Josephus a lot of things are and were, that aren't and weren't. Your own word (contradictorily) says much. Contradiction does not make for a sound, systemartic, analytical, Biblical, Sola-Scriptura interpretation of God's word, by God's word. Interpretation by the words of Josephus God would never advise. It's a known "fact" that many of Josephu's writings are biased and some just plain not true. Which says it all as far as using him as an authority on Hebrew (God authored) prophecy fulfilled and Christian doctrine or understanding. Wisdom manifests itself in accepting the Bible alone as the authoritative revelator of prophesy. Not the "well respected" writings of the unbelievers who write their views of history.

Proverbs 1:5-8
  • "A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:
  • To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.
  • The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
  • My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother:"

God says a man of understanding will attain unto wise counsels to understand a proverb and the interpretation. ...that would not be Josephus nor those who depend upon his writings for validation, but the inerrant authoritative word of God. When God tells you what abominations are in His Holy Temple, it's inerrant so we should listen. When God defines desolation there because of abominations, it's inerrant, so we should listen and compare. So while according to Josephus, the fundamental cause of the fall of Jerusalem and destruction of the temple was God through the abominations of Romans acting out in it and tearing it down, God says it is "His People" who practiced the abominations in His house, and it is "His People" themselves as spiritual stones that will fall down with not one left as a stone in that building. It is Christ who is the New building, the corner stone of their Temple that was rejected is become head of the corner anyway, and the restoration of stones from every nation! The Holy Temple is reestablished in the nations, as the judgment of His people is that the Kingdom has been taken from them and given to another. God's words, not mine. Not the words of Josephus, Calvin or John Walvoord, but God's inerrant word of truth and interpretation.

As righteous Joseph said, "Do not interpretations belong to God?" Indeed they do. Flavius Josephus notwithstanding.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

3 Resurrections

That's 666 YEARS, folks
Aug 21, 2021
Taylors
✟84,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The Biblical fact is, the Romans didn't make the Temple Desolate by any act they did in it, it was the people of Israel by the acts they did in it.

Quite true that the onus was upon the people of Israel for making Jerusalem and the Temple desolate - not Rome. It was the mainly the Zealot armies surrounding Jerusalem in AD 66 that Christ prophesied about in Luke 21:20. "And when ye shall see JERUSALEM COMPASSED WITH ARMIES, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh."

Those Zealot armies had congregated against Cestius Gallus' legion, who actually got his soldiers into the city as far as the Temple walls in AD 66, but who retreated for no reason in the world. This allowed a couple precious days for those in Judea and in Jerusalem itself to escape to the mountains in haste. While the Zealot armies were out chasing Cestius Gallus from Jerusalem and defeating his legion at Beth Horon, the believers recognized the fulfillment of Christ's prophecy, and fled in obedience just before the Zealots returned triumphantly to Jerusalem.

There were approximately 1-1/4 million who heeded Jesus's warning, and were preserved by fleeing Jerusalem and Judea for Pella and other regions. By comparing the AD 66 Passover census records with the casualty lists from Judea and Jerusalem by the end of AD 70, there were that approximate 1-1/4 million who never returned for the Passover in AD 70.

That tells me that this approximate amount of people interpreted Jesus's Luke 21:20-21 warning as one which applied to THEM in AD 66 when those armies were first compassing Jerusalem.

As for the Temple, Christ had already termed it spiritually desolate during His ministry on earth ("Behold, your house is left to you desolate"), which had become so by the Israelite "den of thieves" activity within it. Next, the desolation of the whole city of Old Jerusalem followed soon after in AD 70, again with Israelite Zealots from "Galilee of the Gentiles" doing the "treading down for 42 months". Rome was merely the tool which God used to accomplish the final disintegration of the city and its temple which the Zealots had already been treading underfoot for those 42 months prior.

Upvote 0

3 Resurrections

That's 666 YEARS, folks
Aug 21, 2021
Taylors
✟84,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Contrary to Josephus, the abominations were not by the Romans, but by the Israelites themselves,

No, that's not true; Josephus freely admitted and wrote that the depredations of the Zealots, busy with preying upon their own people, were the MAIN cause of Jerusalem's and the nation's final fall to the Romans.

I do not use Josephus for my interpretive yardstick. If what he wrote differs from scripture, of course I would discard it. But when his historical accounts align with every bit of scripture in front of me, I rejoice and quote his work freely.

One of the main objections to Preterism has always been "Where is your historical proof?" To these detractors, I attempt to hold up the scripture prophecy beside the historical records and point out where they align perfectly. This does not mean that the historical record supplants scripture - it supports it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

3 Resurrections

That's 666 YEARS, folks
Aug 21, 2021
Taylors
✟84,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The Feast of Tabernacles has nothing to do with 70AD but the New Testament congregation of Israel over the New Testament period:

Perhaps you misunderstood me. I agree with this. The final third resurrection in our future will be timed to fall on this same Feast of Tabernacles season of the year. The last portion of Zechariah 14:16-19 truly is describing the reality of the "New Testament congregation of Israel over the New Testament period". God highlighted this single Feast of Tabernacles celebration for us, not because He wants to restore animal sacrifices, but because He is underlining the particular TIME OF YEAR for the FOT, so we will remember it.

This last part of the Zechariah 14 chapter is talking about the "year to year" history AFTER the AD 70 era was over, which had fulfilled the "siege against Judah and Jerusalem" part of the prophecy (Zech. 12:1 through Zech. 14:15).

The application of those post-AD 70 conditions includes us.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Quite true that the onus was upon the people of Israel for making Jerusalem and the Temple desolate - not Rome. It was the mainly the Zealot armies surrounding Jerusalem in AD 66 that Christ prophesied about in Luke 21:20. "And when ye shall see JERUSALEM COMPASSED WITH ARMIES, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh."

Sorry, Olivet Discourse did not do anything with A.D. 66 or 70. This is a prophecy of the time of the end of the world when the Holy Temple (that the New Testament Congregation is now represented) has abomination stand in it. Judaea is symbolically the Church that Christ prophesied. Not jews in the Middle East. Spiritual Discernment.

Indeed the apostasy "is" Jersualem compassed with armies. Not physically, but spiritually just as it was revealed in the time of Christ when He fulfilled prophesy of this. It all depends upon how we define God's Word, either by God's Word or by hypothesis and supposition. Do you not realize that the New Testament Jerszualem is the church?! What armies would encamped against her and surround her but those soldiers spiritually of Satan, just as they did at Christ's first advent (Zechariah 9:8-9). There were no literal/physical battles in Jersualem then, no literal armies then, and there are no literal/physical battles or armies against the Lord's House in the Last Day. It is SPIRITUAL warfare. An armies make up of professed Christians!

Revelation 20:8-9
  • "And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
  • And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them."

The beloved city is spiritual Jerusalem, the church! Not the physical city of Jersualem! This is the encampment of the saints TODAY. It is where the battle truly takes place! The fight against abomination standing in the holy place. Again, it all depends upon how we define God's word, either "by" God's word or by presumption in looking at physical nations, battles, famines and warfare... or the book of Josephus!

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps you misunderstood me.

I bet you have not read two articles yet. So no, it wasn't me misunderstanding you. I know where you come from with a lack of understanding of what the feast of tabernacles is really all about. Nothing to do with the physical city of Jerusalem or ethnic Jews in the first century.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I do not use Josephus for my interpretive yardstick.

Really? I have seen several of your posts for the past few days that you seem to be fond of Josephus' writings. :)

If what he wrote differs from scripture, of course I would discard it.

LOL. You still quote Josephus for interpretation because you said...

But when his historical accounts align with every bit of scripture in front of me, I rejoice and quote his work freely.

According to your carnal mind, which is not surprising among the Preterists. You got wrong Israel. Wrong Jews. Wrong Temple. And of course, wrong timing. For example, Judaea does not mean a pile of dirt in the Middle East, but symbolically the corporate part of the New Testament Congregation that the Judaea merely a type of. Spiritual Discernment.

Upvote 0

3 Resurrections

That's 666 YEARS, folks
Aug 21, 2021
Taylors
✟84,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Well, TS, if the Jerusalem in question that Christ told the believers to flee from was only a SPIRITUAL Jerusalem, then what difference would it make in women being pregnant, nursing a baby, or needing to avoid a Sabbath day or their cold rainy season of winter for the time they would flee to the mountains? And what spiritual mountain would they be fleeing to, and why would God tell them not to worry about taking extra clothing with them in their haste? Why mention clothing at all if this was to be strictly a spiritual danger?

There were about 1-1/4 million citizens who believed Christ's prophecy was about a literal, physical assault on Jerusalem by the literal armies of the Zealots that showed up in AD 66 to face off against Cestius Gallus, because they all physically fled Judea and Jerusalem to avoid it, just as Christ warned them to do.

On the other hand, I do not discount a spiritual warfare being waged by the Satanic realm, which was taking place (as John said in Rev. 12:12) in that "SHORT TIME" leading up to and including AD 66-70. This ramped-up spiritual torment of the seven-fold return of unclean spirits to that generation only added to the horror of the physical torments for ethnic Israel which was plunged into the "days of vengeance".

Isaiah, Christ, and Revelation all spoke of every unclean spirit being imprisoned in Jerusalem during its downfall. This is why that particular type of oppression during that Great Tribulation period will never be duplicated ever again in history, since Christ promised, "No, nor ever SHALL BE" in all of history following that time period. Because the Satanic realm was entirely destroyed, (also as promised in Isaiah and Ezekiel and Romans and Zechariah), never again will humanity have to suffer from the presence of this former greatest enemy of ours. What evil resides in our own hearts is bad enough to contend with. Enough to keep us busy until Christ's next return.

I have seen several of your posts for the past few days that you seem to be fond of Josephus' writings. :)

I also research other historians from this period - not just Josephus - which also contribute to a knowledge of the times. Modern-day archaeology is also a wonderful way which can give added evidence that what Christ wrote about His soon-coming AD 70 return was absolutely true. And that doesn't make all these reference materials the yardstick by which I judge the scripture. It's the other way around.

Upvote 0

3 Resurrections

That's 666 YEARS, folks
Aug 21, 2021
Taylors
✟84,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
According to your carnal mind, which is not surprising among the Preterists.

LOL, that isn't the usual accusation against Preterists! Usually they are accused of being TOO symbolic and metaphoric, etc. And not literal enough. I try to strike the same balance which scripture puts on both the spiritual and the physical; the metaphoric symbols and types, and the literal.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well, TS, if the Jerusalem in question that Christ told the believers to flee from was only a SPIRITUAL Jerusalem, then what difference would it make in women being pregnant, nursing a baby, or needing to avoid a Sabbath day or their cold rainy season of winter for the time they would flee to the mountains?

Complicated is as complicated does? :)

Listen... we have to COMPARE Scripture with Scripture, that is the ONLY WAY to discern the truth. The woman who gives suck "IS" Spiritually Jersualem, the representation of God's congregation with children who sucks! Selah! That is a biblical fact! The congregation of God is Jersualem! Not a physical city in the middle east with pregnant women! The only reason a Christian would want to leave that part out as too complicated when it is obviously an integral part of the interpretation is "IF" they don't really want to receive what God says about the woman who gives suck. Or to deny she is Jerusalem. Which is it?

My...how it gets complicated when interpretations are witnessed by God's word that cannot be gainsaid nor resisted, and man doesn't like them! Then it's suddenly too complicated or too spiritual for your taste? Will you be the one who said "cast off pride" and humbly receive what is written? When the shoe is on the other foot it's suddenly being overly complicated. Let's allow the scriptures to interpret the scriptures, shall we?! That's the ONLY way to find out who God declares is the woman who gives suck. Not who I think she is, or who you think she is, but what does the Bible have to say about this woman. So pay attention to what God says:

Isaiah 66:10-13
  • "Rejoice ye with JERUSALEM, and be glad with her, all ye that Love her: Rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:
  • That YE may Suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; and ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory.
  • For thus saith the Lord, behold, I will extend PEACE to her like a River, and the Glory of the gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall Ye Suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dangled upon her knees.
  • As one whom His mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem."
See? Is not Jerusalem pictured as this woman? Well, pretty clear to me that God (not TribulationSigns) speaks of Jerusalem (YES, Jerusalem) as this woman who gives suck! So that's not complicating it, that's rightly dividing and "exegeting" it. So why would you ever want to leave that out? The woman whom God extended peace to, and whom we (the children) suck the breasts of, is the corporate representation of the body of Christ. The Holy City in whom we live and breath and have our being. And it is represented by none other than the church! Now, this may be too complicated for some, but to the circumspect and faithful, it is the unadulterated word of God concerning the woman who gives suck.

...want more?

Joel 2:15-016
  • "Blow the trumpet in Zion, sanctify a fast, call a solemn assembly:
  • Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders, gather the children, and those that suck the breasts: let the bridegroom go forth of his chamber, and the bride out of her closet."
It's spiritual language signifying the Lord's congregation, the representation of the body of Christ on earth. Zion on earth is the representation of the "TRUE" spiritual Zion in heaven. It's no sin to be wrong, the sin comes with the pride of refusing to receive God's word of truth and listen to the words of men! Not my word alleging it's true, but God's word of the woman being Jerusalem. My word means nothing. God's word concerning the woman who gives suck, is authoritative. Agree? If you refuse to receive it, then I am not going to waste my time explaining the meaning of why it is woe unto them that are with child and to them that give sucks "in those days" and what does the winter and sabbath spiritually signifies, the clothing, fleeing to the mountain, etc., etc.

Let me know if you want to know the Truth.

Upvote 0

3 Resurrections

That's 666 YEARS, folks
Aug 21, 2021
Taylors
✟84,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The woman who gives suck "IS" Spiritually Jersualem, the representation of God's congregation with children who sucks!

Of course, that is a picture of the spiritual reality in the New Jerusalem which we have today. God "took away the first that He may establish the second". It was the Old Jerusalem's physical realities that were destroyed, to leave the unshaken, spiritual New Jerusalem in place.

Revelation was the prediction of that soon-coming shaking process, which resulted in the destruction of the Old Jerusalem's physical elements, and the establishment of the New Spiritual Jerusalem which came down from God out of heaven. This does not negate the actual historical record of that shaking process, which affected real men and real women on the run with nursing babies, real armies with actual weaponry, real cities, real walls falling, real bloodshed, real fire, etc., etc.. To make every single detail in prophetic scripture a spiritual reality is a mistake, and makes your position appear unbalanced.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This does not negate the actual historical record of that shaking process, which affected real men and real women on the run with nursing babies, real armies with actual weaponry, real cities, real walls falling, real bloodshed, real fire, etc., etc..

You totally missed the point but knowing that you lack spiritual discernment so I will allow you to get yourself deceived by the first-century historian thinking Olivet Discourse applies to the first century with nursing mothers, literal mountains, literal stones falling, and season as if you are reading God's Word superficial.

The Olivet Discourse has nothing to do with the first century since Christ has already declared the fall of Old Testament Congregation with people of the congregation as stones, not physical bricks of the building. (Matthew 24:1-2). Something that the disciples did not understand at first.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hi Samantha. In this short 2 min video Gates goes on to say how they put instructions in the code in the vaccine. I think this tech may already be here.

Sigh...When will we start learning to listen to Scripture instead of YouTube nonsenses?

Upvote 0

3 Resurrections

That's 666 YEARS, folks
Aug 21, 2021
Taylors
✟84,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The Olivet Discourse has nothing to do with the first century since Christ has already declared the fall of Old Testament Congregation with people of the congregation as stones, not physical bricks of the building. (Matthew 24:1-2). Something that the disciples did not understand at first.

Hi again TS,

A very good friend of mine, a very godly man who has done eschatology studies for some 50 years, interprets these things in exactly the same way you are doing. He identifies as an A-mil Idealist, and he also interprets the "not one stone standing upon another" as the total eradication of a congregation as "stones" - not the mammoth limestone blocks which composed the walls of the physical Temple in which Christ had stood, and about its fate which the disciples asked Him to describe. My friend also has some very unusual interpretations for the pregnant and nursing women , and avoiding a flight during the winter or the Sabbath; assigning all of these things some rather vague, mystical, symbolic meanings. He makes no connection with the pregnant and nursing women fleeing Jerusalem and Judea with those weeping women Christ spoke to on the way to the cross. "Weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children, for the days are coming, in the which they shall say, Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never gave suck. Then shall they begin to say to the mountains, Fall on us... " That very generation of women and their children would live see the dire circumstances in which vulnerable pregnant and nursing women would need to flee from Jerusalem to avoid the nation's coming physical disasters.

There is just one problem with your interpretation of identifying the OT congregation as "stones". Even in the days of the early church, Paul wrote to them in Romans 11:5 that "Even so, then, at this present time also, there is a REMNANT according to the election of grace." God had prophesied through Isaiah that, even though Israel would be numbered as the sand of the sea, yet a "remnant" would be saved. This would refute the idea that ALL of the OT congregation, (if they actually were called "stones"), would be torn down to the very last stone. God has always preserved a remnant, no matter how bleak the times - even during the first-century Great Tribulation when Israel was experiencing its "days of vengeance".

If the kingdom of God is compared to "leaven" in bread dough, there is no point during the development of the loaf that the leaven totally disappears.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
A very good friend of mine, a very godly man who has done eschatology studies for some 50 years, interprets these things in exactly the same way you are doing. He identifies as an A-mil Idealist, and he also interprets the "not one stone standing upon another" as the total eradication of a congregation as "stones" - not the mammoth limestone blocks which composed the walls of the physical Temple in which Christ had stood, and about its fate which the disciples asked Him to describe.

Good for him.

My friend also has some very unusual interpretations for the pregnant and nursing women , and avoiding a flight during the winter or the Sabbath; assigning all of these things some rather vague, mystical, symbolic meanings. He makes no connection with the pregnant and nursing women fleeing Jerusalem and Judea with those weeping women Christ spoke to on the way to the cross. "Weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children, for the days are coming, in the which they shall say, Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never gave suck.

Christ is not weeping over a few thousand people being physically killed. Thousands of people are killed every day of the week. No, you do err. Christ was weeping at foreseeing the fall of Israel that they are blinded, and that the kingdom will be taken from them and given to another, not that some Romans would conquer their temporal city. He wept for their souls, not because they wouldn't run and hide in the mountains from Romans. That's not the important thing to weep over, their souls were what Christ wept over. That they were branches now broken off of the Covenanted Olive tree, and that their children now would have no root. That is what He wept over. You have got to stop looking at the world, the physical, carnal, fleshly, earthly symbols--but unto spiritual.

Luke 23:28-31
  • "But Jesus turning unto them said, Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children.
  • For, behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never gave suck.
  • Then shall they begin to say to the mountains, Fall on us; and to the hills, Cover us.
  • For if they do these things in a green tree, what shall be done in the dry?"
Do we define this prophecy by the ramblings of Josephus (who wasn't even a Christian), or do we define it by the "light" of the Word of God? It is clearly "NOT ONLY" a prophecy of the fall of Israel at the cross when Christ would be removed, but also a prophecy of the New Testament Church (the barren having more children). It has nothing whatsoever to do with the AD 70 theory. Please compare the parallel accounts about the barren having more children. It couldn't be any clearer. The green tree is when the Life of Christ is the root of Israel, and the dry is when Christ is no longer their Root and there is no longer that life in Israel. She becomes baren, her children are dead in trespass and sin, blinded, and in bondage to Satan. While the barren (the nations) become of Christ. That was Israel after the cross, it didn't happen in AD 70. Didn't you read in Scripture about the barren woman?

Galatians 4:25-28
  • "For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
  • But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
  • For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
  • Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise."

To attempt to assign this fulfillment of the prophecy of Christ to the year AD 70 is tortuous of Matthew 23!

Clearly, and despite your objections based on the tradition of those holding to Josephus, the prophecy was already fulfilled when Galatians was written, and the Jerusalem in bondage was already judged of God and in bondage with her children. That is why Christ said to Jerusalem, weep for yourselves, and for your children. Because they were not the children of promise! Not the children of Jerusalem from above. This has nothing to do with Romans kicking some physical bricks of Jerusalem down, it has to do with the wrath of God being UPON THIS PEOPLE and they being left desolate by their rejection of Messiah their Prince. People need to stop attempting to define scripture by secular history books and define it by itself. The Bible is the only History book that can interpret prophesy.

Selah!

Last edited:
Upvote 0