Men who identify as women still required to sign up for the draft under the Biden administration

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Women who identify as men, however, aren’t required to register for the U.S. military draft.

WASHINGTON, D.C. (LifeSiteNews) — Transgender advocates who have received vocal support from the Biden administration got a reality check this week when reports emerged that men who call themselves women must still sign up for the military draft under federal law. Women who identify as men, meanwhile, aren’t required to register.

According to guidance from the United States Selective Service System (SSS), “U.S. citizens or immigrants who are born male and changed their gender to female are still required to register.”

“Individuals who are born female and changed their gender to male are not required to register,” the agency states.

The SSS cites the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) in defining “transgender” people as those “whose gender identity and/or expression is different from the sex assigned to them at birth (e.g. the sex listed on an original birth certificate).”

According to the OPM, a “transgender woman” refers to a man who identifies as a woman, and a “transgender man” refers to a woman who identifies as a man.

Continued below.
Men who identify as women still required to sign up for the draft under the Biden administration - LifeSite

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Women who identify as men, however, aren’t required to register for the U.S. military draft.

WASHINGTON, D.C. (LifeSiteNews) — Transgender advocates who have received vocal support from the Biden administration got a reality check this week when reports emerged that men who call themselves women must still sign up for the military draft under federal law. Women who identify as men, meanwhile, aren’t required to register.

According to guidance from the United States Selective Service System (SSS), “U.S. citizens or immigrants who are born male and changed their gender to female are still required to register.”

“Individuals who are born female and changed their gender to male are not required to register,” the agency states.

The SSS cites the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) in defining “transgender” people as those “whose gender identity and/or expression is different from the sex assigned to them at birth (e.g. the sex listed on an original birth certificate).”

According to the OPM, a “transgender woman” refers to a man who identifies as a woman, and a “transgender man” refers to a woman who identifies as a man.

Continued below.
Men who identify as women still required to sign up for the draft under the Biden administration - LifeSite
That's SUCH a double standard!

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟275,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I always thought the draft should be gender neutral anyway.
I agree, but I think the only way to make it work realistically (in combat units, anyway) is to do it the way the Soviet Union did it in World War II: male and female units were strictly segregated.

If a team member collects a bullet and has to be carried out under heavy fire, a 102-pound woman will have a better time packing out another 100-pound woman over her shoulder than she will a 220-pound man. I'm sorry, but it's the truth.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree, but I think the only way to make it work realistically (in combat units, anyway) is to do it the way the Soviet Union did it in World War II: male and female units were strictly segregated.

If a team member collects a bullet and has to be carried out under heavy fire, a 102-pound woman will have a better time packing out another 100-pound woman over her shoulder than she will a 220-pound man. I'm sorry, but it's the truth.
Adrenaline does funny things. Enables 150 pound people to lift vehicles when someone is trapped underneath.

I’d rather have 170 pound woman with the fire in her belly dragging me away than a 170 lb man who’s struggling to find the motivation….

Having 2 X chromosomes isn’t the detriment that some believe it is.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟275,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Adrenaline does funny things. Enables 150 pound people to lift vehicles when someone is trapped underneath.

I’d rather have 170 pound woman with the fire in her belly dragging me away than a 170 lb man who’s struggling to find the motivation….

Having 2 X chromosomes isn’t the detriment that some believe it is.
Apples and oranges.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums